For today’s “morons on parade” segment, I offer you this:

In an awkward moment during the Take Back the American Dream conference, liberal activists applauded when MSNBC’s Chris Hayes raised a thought experiment in which New York Times columnist Paul Krugman was dictator with the ability to impose his preferred economic policies.

In an afternoon panel on Krugman’s new book End this Depression Now!, Hayes asked what economic policies Krugman would recommend to help the economy.

“What are the things we should be doing if we waved a magic wand, made Paul Krugman dictator for a period of time?” Hayes asked.

Enough of the crowd responded with shouts and applause that a clearly uncomfortable Hayes had to calm them by clarifying, “Dictatorship meant as a thought experiment, it’s not something to cheer.”

Come on, guys — only one dictator at a time, please!

Paul Krugman is the one person who could manage to make the economy worse than Obama (I don’t think the “‘fake alien invasion’ stimulus” would go off as planned), so of course the left would love a Krugman dictatorship. I don’t know why Chris “I’m uncomfortable calling fallen soldiers heroes” Hayes would have been uncomfortable though — lefty activists love dictators.

Comments

13 Responses to “Lib Activists: It’d Be Cool if Paul Krugman Were Dictator of America!”

1. Marshall_Will on June 20th, 2012 11:37 am

"Paul Krugman is the one person who could manage to make the economy worse than Obama" ( And that's saying something! )

Jack Welch on CNBC commenting w/ Ed Leamer of the Anderson Forecast ( UCLA School of Business ) had a slightly different 'take'. Try a total REVAMP of public education and those teacher's unions pensions!

Jack wanted to re-focus the conversation on the successes already being seen in IN and WI and the balance of the panel was stunned into silence. Mind you, this a subsidiary of company he once helmed.

2. jeffythequick on June 20th, 2012 12:45 pm

I'm trying to figure out who is Brian (or the Life of Brian) and if Keynesian Economics is the Holy Gourd of Jerusalem.

Brian is John Maynard Keynes or is it Krugman?

Either way, it's just a gourd. Nothing special, except the people following both of them and their ideas are just as bright:

3. backwoodsconsr on June 20th, 2012 1:21 pm

It would take a deity to get Krugman's economic policies to work, and I'm not sure even the godly powers of a deity could pull it off. Reality has an annoying habit of refusing to conform itself to fantasy.

4. Joe Redfield on June 20th, 2012 1:37 pm

As long as we're doing thought experiments, I'm imaging a magic wand, and now I'm waving the magic wand, and PRESTO!!! Paul Krugman and MSNBC have vanished!

5. Truesoldier__ on June 20th, 2012 2:09 pm

"liberal activists applauded when MSNBC’s Chris Hayes raised a thought experiment in which New York Times columnist Paul Krugman was dictator with the ability to impose his preferred economic policies."

We already have that going on right now, it's called Obama's economy. So how well has that worked out for the average American…..what a bunch of morons.

6. Marshall_Will on June 20th, 2012 2:48 pm

That's what makes him certifiably insane. Which btw is, settled science. PK didn't insert himself into this discussion, he's getting plenty of rest, proper nutrition and a qualified therapist session daily.

7. Marshall_Will on June 20th, 2012 2:50 pm

Right, what's the diff between a blank check for a despotic ruler to cash or an alien from outer SPACE to cash when you have no money?

8. Truesoldier__ on June 20th, 2012 2:52 pm

One makes for a better fictional movie?

9. jeffythequick on June 20th, 2012 3:06 pm

I'd prefer them not to vanish, as some other clown would just spring up.

I'd prefer them to be in clown costumes, so that people could actually see the folly of their ideas.

10. jeffythequick on June 20th, 2012 3:12 pm

…and at least 40% will want to see the sequel, Obama 2012?

I have a horrible confession to make. At the I5 to WA526 merge, there was some joker with an Obama/Biden sticker on his car wanting to merge in. I was in the main lane, and the guy was in the lane that was merging in, so I was in control of who gets in. Anyway, I like to do the alternating cars method, so I go, I let someone merge, then the next car merges behind me, like teeth on a gear. Anyway, this person decides that he needs to get to work .012 seconds ahead of me and keeps trying to get in front of me as the second merged car.

Sorry buddy, but with that sticker on the back, no dice.

11. Marshall_Will on June 20th, 2012 3:40 pm

Oh and Progs are learning more about that treatment by the day! I've…. dug in my heels so hard with my Prog-run HOA it would take a blown roof for them to work up the nerve to approach me.

In the MM/Sally Kohn dust-up Michelle said something that's haunted me since. "I've lived in the bluest of BLUE states and I've put up w/ about enough from the likes of you…" ( para )

After years of feeling positively STUCK in Oregon, well, I'm weighing my options. The months I spent in TX were a pure gas. Who 'needs' these prog azzholes?

12. Truesoldier__ on June 20th, 2012 4:06 pm

I hear you there. My wife and I have decided that when we can move we will and when we do we will make sure that there is not any HOA involvement in whatever house we buy.

I have been looking for options of moving to a more Conservative state. It seems no matter how much you put up a fight everything is decided for you by the libs in the big cities (in my case Seattle and Olympia).

13. jeffythequick on June 20th, 2012 9:33 pm

When I lived in South Carolina, there wasn't a pall in the air about being politically correct. The women expected me to hold doors for them, men talked like men, no matter what color we were, and there wasn't a racial chip on peoples' shoulders.

Sure, there were idiots, but you could call them out on it, and that would be that.

Here, north of Seattle, not so much.