Why would an Obamabot shell out $500 just to see a teleprompter from an obstructed view seat 50 yards away when they’re constantly being bombarded with offers to win dinner with The One for just three bucks?

In any case, in Georgia, the campaign has been forced to offer a new “blue light special” ticket tier:

A joint fundraising effort by the state party and the presidential reelect effort, the Atlanta reception was originally pushing three graduated ticket offerings: $10,000 to earn co-host billing, $1,000 for a sponsorship, and $500 for general admission.

But the state party emailed donors on Wednesday to say a new tier had been created for young professionals. This Gen44 offering, said to have limited availability, would run donors only $250 — half the original value of general admission chit.

“If Georgia Democrats can’t hawk a $500 reception with the President of the United States, they’re in worse shape than we knew,” a prominent Georgia Republican operative told the Tipsheet. “Guess their admission last month that the campaign would not pursue Georgia really depressed what little donor base remained here.”

You’re not alone, Mr. President:

Comments

18 Responses to “Obama Marked Down in Georgia?”

1. Truesoldier__ on June 22nd, 2012 12:35 pm

The next offer will be to pay the donors to show up.

2. jeffythequick on June 22nd, 2012 12:55 pm

I can't wait for the Sunday coupons, and since my wife is a coupon collector, we'll be able to go for free! Nothing like having a Dem pay for my rubber chicken dinner!

Seriously, she came home with a bunch of groceries, and it cost something like 89 cents. And she was upset because the cashier messed up, and it shoul have cost something like a quarter.

3. Marshall_Will on June 22nd, 2012 1:02 pm

In reviewing the '08 results, Georgia could and probably -should- be in play for P'BO. McLame 52.2% to O'Drama's solid 47%.

Based on the outrageous spread touted in LSM going into Fall '08, JM should've simply ceded the election without all the fuss leaving the GOP to focus on this year.

Their internal polling has GOT to be abysmal, there and elsewhere. I'm absolutely CERTAIN He has told staffers "The first one I catch working on or circulating their resume will be fired on the SPOT".

4. Truesoldier__ on June 22nd, 2012 1:03 pm

Sounds like my household. The store employees always get a kick out of it when they have their $5 Friday sale on the family size pizzas and my wife buys, well pretty much all of them (we stick them in the freezer in teh garage). Hell, with 4 boys (three of them in their teens) we have to cook at least two of those pizzas for pizza night.

5. jeffythequick on June 22nd, 2012 1:37 pm

With 4 boys, every night is pizza night! (I had 2 and 2, and another 3 waiting to be teens at 6, 4, and 3)

6. clu seatoe on June 22nd, 2012 1:39 pm

“…the campaign would not pursue Georgia…”

Zero don’t play ‘dat. Zero’s not ‘gonna degrade himself by trying to win Georgia!

7. SignPainterGuy on June 22nd, 2012 1:49 pm

"…. 2 and 2 ….. and another 3 ….. " ….. and it probably never occurred to you to fire the milkman and keep a really close eye on the UPS guy !? Aaaah ha ha ha haaaa !

8. Marshall_Will on June 22nd, 2012 2:29 pm

Speaking of kids, the other day MM tweeted it was their eldest daughter's b'day. "She's 12, already taller than me and wearing my shoes!"

Kinda' choked back tears of when Mrs. Will would have to point 'up' to tell our Fil-Am daughters what for! Hard to come off as a 'threat' in that position? Didn't have the heart to tell Michelle ( it's when the *refuse* to return your shoes when you'll get -really- upset! )

9. Marshall_Will on June 22nd, 2012 2:39 pm

Wouldn't it be better ( if as Steve Lerner implied ) if "Global Citizens" were allowed to vote ( and uh… CONTRIBUTE ) to U.S elections!?

That way P'BO can just bypass the whole damned country, make his case to stand up to the uh… "global test" and this thing will be a snap!

10. jeffythequick on June 22nd, 2012 3:14 pm

So, let me get this straight… I juggle knives, and Ronald Reagan doesn't spend Federal Money to keep me from cutting myself, it's his fault that I suffer?

11. jeffythequick on June 22nd, 2012 3:15 pm

He should campaign in Germany like he did last time. I hear he still has a lead in Bavaria.

12. clu seatoe on June 22nd, 2012 3:18 pm

Like Rush alluded to this morning: This guy is passing every normal and thinking voting block and relying completely on the compilation of every fringe group in the country to get reelected. All he cares about are the voters on the fringe of society so you might be right.

In the great carnival of life he’s courting the side shows and the underbellies in the back allies. Druggies, misogynists and child molesters, well, islamists, will be coming soon.

13. jeffythequick on June 22nd, 2012 3:24 pm

heh heh heh… you don't realize how close you are on that… I fired the first wife for that, and got a better model.

14. jeffythequick on June 22nd, 2012 3:40 pm

"…courting the side shows…"

Hence, his press secretary, "Side Show Carney…"

15. clu seatoe on June 22nd, 2012 4:02 pm

Good, good. ;-)

16. Marshall_Will on June 22nd, 2012 4:27 pm

We should send him one of those "I'm HUGE in Europe!" t-shirts to wear to the convention.

You know, one of MM's trolls rattled of a list of "Right Winger Paranoia" like DOW 3,000, Obama suspends Senate, Appoints self Monarch fo' Life and thought he was being real cute?

Well think about it, had it not been for a lot of hard work exposing this clown, most if not all of those dire predictions may have come to fruition. Personally, I've no INTEREST in finding out. Least not the HARD way.

Even moderate talkers are giving him zero traction if he lucks into a second term. So why BOTHER?

17. SignPainterGuy on June 22nd, 2012 7:37 pm

Someone early on called him "Carnival Caller". I like it, but it`s a lot to type every time; I prefer "Poppin` Jay" ! I think of Scotty referring to an Ambassador in "The Trouble With Tribbles"; Star Trek, the Original series.

18. SignPainterGuy on June 22nd, 2012 7:43 pm

Yep ! It`s also Burger Doodle`s fault that I have sinus issues; I use their napkins for blowing my nose ! It`s that backward liberal logic !