The Supreme Court didn’t take Nancy Pelosi’s word for it that the “Affordable Care Act” is constitutionally ironclad, so they heard the case and their decison on Obamacare will finally come Thursday around 10 a.m.

Based on the mood of the Court today, I’m thinking we should prepare for a split decision with parts upheld and parts struck down.

I do still think the individual mandate is doomed. Then again, I’m not a lawyer. But enough bragging.

Comments

15 Responses to “Obamacare Decision Coming Thursday at 10 a.m.”

1. Truesoldier__ on June 25th, 2012 1:45 pm

Isn't Wed the day that is scheduled for the full vote of the House on Holder's contempt citation? If so it looks like the later the week gets the better the week gets.

2. Doug on June 25th, 2012 1:56 pm

Is it Wed? I've been trying to find out exactly when that'll be… maybe no exact time has been announced yet.

3. Truesoldier__ on June 25th, 2012 2:16 pm

Just checked the Majority leaders page and it looks to be slated for either Wed or Thur:

4. Patti on June 25th, 2012 3:37 pm

Choombama on Clearance in New York

This is a GUEST POST from friend of the blog SGLawrence, who is vacationing in upstate New York this summer:

I was driving on Route 209 through Ellenville, New York in the Catskills on Saturday, June 23, 2012, when I noticed a gentleman sitting all alone in an empty parking lot selling Obama stickers and buttons.

***

Breaking…

Is DWS done as DNC chairwoman?

We now have learned that Wasserman Schultz will not be back as DNC Chairwoman after the November elections.

According to our source within the Democratic Party, who is also a close associate of Wasserman Schultz, the arrangements have already been made for her to leave DNC regardless if President Obama wins re-election or not.

This same source believes that Wasserman Schultz will be forced to resign behind closed doors and then stage an press event in which she tells Americans that her job as the DNC chair was a temporary one and that she is moving on with her congressional career.

5. Patti on June 25th, 2012 3:46 pm

Fox news is saying that decision will come on Thursday.

6. Patti on June 25th, 2012 4:02 pm

Not *decision* meant to say *vote*

7. jeffythequick on June 25th, 2012 4:03 pm

Yeah, in that article, she wants to be Speaker of the House.

Someone of her brilliance needs to be as far from the presidential replacement list as possible, lower than the dog catcher in Nome, Alaska.

8. jeffythequick on June 25th, 2012 5:39 pm

I have a bad feeling about this thing (Obamacare)…

Just a bad feeling, with no evidence. I hope I'm wrong, but I can't help having this bad feeling.

If it does come in freedom's favor (It's overturned), I say, vote for contempt on Holder.

The best time to kick someone is when they're down. Saves all that "walking away and getting shot in the back" that we see in the movies.

Speaking of that, I saw this preview at the movies this weekend (Brave, not a bad picture…Love the women with Scottish accents), Battleship lego type preview for kids' toys, where the humans fake surrender to aliens that are cleaning their clock, then unload on them.

Didn't the Iraqis do that in the first gulf war, and we excoriated them for that?

9. SignPainterGuy on June 25th, 2012 9:35 pm

At least with Ninny Nan Pilousy we can blame the botox or even her age and home town environment, but DWS must just be naturally stoopid to the bone !

10. The Watcher on June 26th, 2012 12:59 am

Vet always asks for a stool sample from the pet.

'Well, the cat/dog has to pass it so we can find out what's in it.'

And Obamacare IS a turd, so…she wasn't all that far off, was she?

11. jeffythequick on June 26th, 2012 1:04 am

I have equated before to gas:

You have to pass it to find out what's in it!

You the Watcher in the Water from LoTR?

12. The Watcher on June 26th, 2012 1:07 am

'Naah…I'm not nearly that flexible.

13. Maswertf on July 20th, 2013 3:42 pm

You know, I read that statement of hers – 'We have to pass it so we can find out what's in it' – and it reminds me of taking a pet to the vet. http://top-essays.net What do you mean by saying that?

14. Reniel on September 6th, 2013 10:19 am

If I will find a stray dog and that is looking frightened then I would like to bring that dog to my home. Also my children's like to have pet at home and I am sure that my child would have like that pet and will take care about her. Dog as a pet is very good for your home and also it provides security to you. In some of the cases you may face problem while going outside for holiday purpose. But as a human being it would be better if you are helping to that dog.

15. www.link2sdapk.net on June 16th, 2016 5:16 am

Very well put together tutorial, beats having to use a plugin to do the same thing, I can be a little more specific now.