Michael Moore said that if you’re in the DC area, out of power due to the recent storms and haven’t been a union supporter, you’re probably getting what you deserve.

Careful what you ask for, Michael.

Enjoy this New Yorker flashback from a few years ago while we wait for Moore’s big vacation home in northern Michigan worthy of the most discerning upper one-percenters to deservingly lose power:

The article describes two writers who worked on Mr. Moore’s television show TV Nation who learned that Mr. Moore did not want them joining the Writers Guild.

One day during production on the first season of the show, Moore called two of his writers into his office. It was, for both of them, their first job in television, and they had been hired with the title of associate producer. They were not members of the Writers’ Guild, the powerful union for writers in movies and TV, and thus were not receiving health benefits, and would not qualify later for a percentage of video and rerun sales. “Michael said, ‘I’m getting a lot of heat from the union to call you guys writers and pay you under the union rules,’ ” Eric Zicklin, one of the associate producers, says. “ ‘I don’t have the budget for that. But if they keep coming down on me that’ll mean I’ll only be able to afford one of you and the other one’s gotta go.’ ”

Soon more employees who supported Mr. Moore in his political crusade became disillusioned with their former boss.

And this from 2009:

Michael Moore, champion of the working class, used non-union stagehands to film “Capitalism: A Love Story.” The porcine provocateur is promoting his anti-Wall Street jeremiad by giving free tickets to unions, but the American Federation of Teachers has turned them down because Moore didn’t hire any members of the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees. “Michael Moore and one of our sister unions, IATSE, are in discussions about concerns the union has,” the AFT told ABC News. “The AFT has decided against accepting tickets until those issues are resolved.” Moore’s agent, Ari Emanuel, seems to blame the IATSE for treating documentarians as “second-class filmmakers.” “This is a Writers Guild, Screen Actors Guild and Directors Guild film, as all Michael’s films are,” Emanuel said. “He is a proud, dues-paying member of all three of these unions.”

And:

After being criticized for using non-union extras in a 2000 music video he shot for the rock band Rage Against the Machine, Moore told the New York Post that he only learned they were hired after the video was completed.

When’s Moore going to lose electrical power? I’m sure his refrigerator light bulb that goes on and off more frequently than Joe Biden’s brain would appreciate the break.

(h/t Warner Todd Huston)

Comments

22 Responses to “Michael Moore Apparently Doesn’t Believe He Deserves Electricity”

1. Truesoldier__ on July 9th, 2012 3:35 pm

Yet another do as I say, not as I do moment from the left.

2. SignPainterGuy on July 9th, 2012 4:28 pm

Exactly right, TS !

3. SignPainterGuy on July 9th, 2012 4:31 pm

Michael Mooooooore-For-Meeeee is typical of the left, the DNC, soc-ial-istas; force others to follow the rules and pay till you bleed, but for themselves, it`s save, cheat, avoid and blame !!

4. Truesoldier__ on July 9th, 2012 5:09 pm

Speaking of thing sof that nature. Don't you love how Obama and his press office (i.e. the MSM) are going about saying Obama is extending the Bush tax cuts, but only for the middle class; yet when the Bush tax cuts were passed we were told endlessly how they were only tax cuts for the rich.

Has anyone heard if the Romney camp or the GOP in general have made that point?

5. SignPainterGuy on July 9th, 2012 5:29 pm

I`ve not been hearing it much, but I`ve been saying it ! FOR YEARS !

If you made enough to have to file a tax return, you got a tax CUT. By extension, and by watching the dims in action, it seems the dims think, if you file a tax return, YOU ARE RICH !!

The next and subsequent years, you paid at that RATE ! NOW, it`s again called CUTS. Fascinating !

Oblamer and the dims are just continuing their Class Warfare !

6. SignPainterGuy on July 9th, 2012 5:34 pm

Rush mentioned today that many uber-rich liberals are renouncing their US citizenship and moving away. No mention of "where TO" ! Their 150+" yachts ? I ask because there are very few places besides your own island that do not tax the rich more heavily than here ! It makes me think that they are leaving for reasons OTHER THAN high taxes !

7. Truesoldier__ on July 9th, 2012 5:41 pm

I heard that today as well. I know in the case of Denise Rich she is planning on taking up residence in England and isn't it funny how England just recently did aware with their "millionaires and billionaires" taxes (because the taxes backfired).

8. backwoodsconsr on July 9th, 2012 5:52 pm

Obama says he isn't going to raise taxes on the midlle class, but Obamacare has just been ruled a tax. He favors taxing everybody; he just doesn't want it to be obvious enough for the sheeple who vote for him and his ilk to wake up and realize it.

9. SignPainterGuy on July 9th, 2012 6:00 pm

I heard that, but since get talk radio and news on AM radio, with its static and weak signals and other interference, I missed WHERE the taxes backfired. Thanks for that !

I doubt the evidence in England would sway the French and Germans and others, though !

10. backwoodsconsr on July 9th, 2012 6:18 pm

Evidence rarely sways the socialist dreamers.

11. backwoodsconsr on July 9th, 2012 6:20 pm

One of my comments just went into moderation. I can't understand why the websites software would expect moderation from a staunch conservative.

12. Truesoldier__ on July 9th, 2012 6:33 pm

Maybe the Germans, but not the French.

Here is more on the tax reversal in England:

13. backwoodsconsr on July 9th, 2012 6:33 pm

Thanks for coming to the rescue, Doug.

14. SignPainterGuy on July 9th, 2012 6:50 pm

Correctomundo ! Why else do you write 2,700 page bills ?

15. backwoodsconsr on July 9th, 2012 6:54 pm

So you would have something to not read?

16. SignPainterGuy on July 9th, 2012 7:00 pm

There was a small piece I read last week about a group pushing to raise taxes on the rich in Germany. It hasn`t passed yet and I doubt there`s widespread support for it.

Thanks for the English article !

17. SignPainterGuy on July 9th, 2012 7:03 pm

It`s election season and all the wizards of smart will tell you, everyone must moderate to win ! ;-)

18. SignPainterGuy on July 9th, 2012 7:10 pm

Right ! Even lawyer / congresscritters don`t have time (or the inclination) to hire a couple lawyers to read them !

19. backwoodsconsr on July 9th, 2012 7:25 pm

I don't do moderate. I go all out on everything I do. I think you got an inkling of that when you saw me chowing down at The Beacon.

20. SignPainterGuy on July 9th, 2012 7:56 pm

How you ate ALL of that mound-o-food is amazing ! I had to snicker, watching them pile everything on the plate. Your huge chili-cheeseburger and a heaping, double handful of fries- placed on top and held in place till it settled in ! Ha ha !

Next time I eat there, I want a second plate so I can spread it out !

You attacked the stairs at Chimney Rock well too ! Neither of us were in shape to go at it like the kids and military folk we saw !

21. backwoodsconsr on July 9th, 2012 8:29 pm

I made it to the top of those stairs on sheer determination. In my younger days I could have made short work of them, but the body I had then is just a faded memory.

22. sknapp on July 13th, 2012 8:08 am