From the infamous “my biggest failure as president is that I didn’t adequately explain to you morons how awesome my policies are” interview, here’s Michelle Obama doing a little emergency lowering of expectations on behalf of her husband.

“Hope™ doesn’t get actualized in three and a half years.” For some reason I don’t recall them offering this disclaimer in 2008. As a matter of fact, wasn’t Hope™ supposed to have been actualized six months ago at the latest?

With any luck, hope will be actualized in 113 days.

Comments

23 Responses to “Eleventh Hour FLOTUS Disclaimer: Hope Doesn’t Get Actualized in Three and a Half Years”

1. Truesoldier__ on July 16th, 2012 5:16 pm

The only thing that the Obama campaign has going for them is the media. If it wasn't for the media he would have been toast a long time ago.

For a follow up from the Obama comment that business owners didn't create anything, here is a story hitting back.

Here is the money quote from it:

'Every small business is not indebted to the government or some other benefactor. If anything, small businesses are historically an economic and job-creating powerhouse in spite of the government.'

2. jeffythequick on July 16th, 2012 5:18 pm

I think they're trying the Hope-a-Dope move…

3. Marshall_Will on July 16th, 2012 5:26 pm

Hahahahahaha!

'Hope' is what was supposed to come -before- all that Change you ditz. You can 'hope' for any THING at any TIME. Most typically when don't HAVE something… like money for example?

Actually I tend to believe they, their handlers and Lefties from way way back KNEW this moment or one more or less like it was BOUND to come. Was BOUND to happen. They'd hoped for just enough a bounce to put a little economic salve to get them thru to their 2nd term. Then… pffftt, all bets are off, they don't NEED us any more and let the REAL corn-holing begin!

They knew this moment would come.

4. Patti on July 16th, 2012 5:34 pm

My only HOPE is to see these two packing in …..

187 days
    21 hours
    28 mins
    10 sec

Bye Bye Mr and Mrs Choombama! is on Sunday, 20 January 2013

O/T Great News…

Conservatives hit magic number to sink Law of the Sea Treaty

5. Marshall_Will on July 16th, 2012 5:35 pm

"Obama, who was speaking in a fire station, tried to equate the economy with state-run emergency services. 'There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don't do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.'

What the… didn't anyone DARE correct him that there's any number of privately owned contractors that for a fee will come in as independents and off their fire fighting services?

This has been a long held, core tenent of the Left. Then they usually point to Bill Gates etc. as their "prime example". Just another way to spin Class Warfare without alluding to it directly. Trolls love this semantics ploy.

6. jeffythequick on July 16th, 2012 5:44 pm

I'd love to have video editing software, and here's the video I'd make (with the scenes in parentheis):

(OWS protests, including poop on cop car guy, rap-e free tents, windows being smashed…)
    We'll be fighting in the streets
    With our children at our feet
    And the morals that they worship will be gone
    And the men who spurred us on
    Sit in judgment of all wrong
    They decide and the shotgun sings the song

(Show Karl Marx, Engels, Rev. Wright, Cloward, Alinsky, Woodrow Wilson, Obama signing ObamaTax bill, and the usual litany of Progressives)…
    I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
    Take a bow for the new revolution
    Smile and grin at the change all around me
    Pick up my guitar and play
    Just like yesterday

(Show Nugent with Romney singing together…)
    And I'll get on my knees and pray
    We don't get fooled again
    Don't get fooled again

(Show the hopey-changey rallies of 2008)
    Change it had to come
    We knew it all along
    We were liberated from the fall that's all
    (Show unemployment the same, Obama yuking it up…MO talking about needing to "change our traditions")
    But the world looks just the same
    And history ain't changed
    'Cause the banners, they all flown in the last war

(Pivot to our own Constitution, Article I, Section 8 emphasized, with Nuge and Romney singing…)
    I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
    Take a bow for the new revolution
    Smile and grin at the change all around me
    Pick up my guitar and play
    Just like yesterday
    And I'll get on my knees and pray
    (10th Amendment stomping out ObamaTax,)
    We don't get fooled again
    Don't get fooled again
    No, no!

(Show ObamaStash Woman, then cut to It is/isn't a tax)
    I'll move myself and my family aside
    If we happen to be left half alive
    I'll get all my papers and smile at the sky
    For I know that the hypnotized never lie

Do ya?

(Show people still unemployed, ObamaStash lady all dejected in her dilapidated house, Minority Unemployment up higher than all others)
    There's nothing in the street
    Looks any different to me
    And the slogans are replaced, by-the-bye
    And the parting on the left
    Is now the parting on the right
    And the beards have all grown longer overnight

(Show founding fathers signing the Constitution, show the effects of freedom and Liberty, Nuge and Romney now singing…)
    I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
    Take a bow for the new revolution
    Smile and grin at the change all around me
    Pick up my guitar and play
    Just like yesterday
    Then I'll get on my knees and pray
    We don't get fooled again
    Don't get fooled again
    No, no!

(I'm Jeffythequick and I approve this message.)

7. Marshall_Will on July 16th, 2012 5:46 pm

Great to hear Patti. More cr@p legislation we never ASKED for. Didn't notice any D's on the list. Were those just the Rep's DeMint was making note of?

Ron Wyden sent me an email saying he wouldn't support it. So I guess now that it's DOA ( thank God ) he doesn't have to sully his rep. in front of ProgOregon huh?

8. Truesoldier__ on July 16th, 2012 5:50 pm

Let's hope that the same type of opposition (or larger) can be mustered when the UN Small Arms (gun control) treaty comes before the Senate for ratification.

9. Truesoldier__ on July 16th, 2012 6:00 pm

I have been employing a new strategy against my liberal in-laws. I know that I will never convinve them to vote GOP even though they are not happy at all with Obama (they would love it if Hillary ran). So I am doing the next best thing…..convincing them they should just stay home on election day.

I told them they ought to send the Dem Party a message and get all their friends to not vote and let Romney win. I told them this way they could let the party know they will not vote for failure and if things don't get better they can just blame Romney come the 2016 election (which they will do anyway).

They seem very eager to put this plan in motion..

10. backwoodsconservative on July 16th, 2012 6:15 pm

Keep up the good work!

11. Marshall_Will on July 16th, 2012 6:30 pm

Brilliant! I…. LOVE it.

And I think Dem's from all walks of life are kind of gravitating that way anyhow. Some because they feel Bammie didn't go far enough ( OWS, PEU's/SEIU purple peeps and the 20% that are so Hard Left there's no SAVING 'em )

Then there's I think a growing number that have really cr@pped themselves and are pretty much in shock in regard to the over-reach!?WTF%@*? Moderate Dims don't see a place for THEM at the table! They either don't have or paid BACK 'their' college loans and are now worried the Rep's in their lives just might be right? One more good shove and we'll ALL be on the hook, for EVERYTHING.

There's plenty there for them to feel fearful about. Even if they don't own a business and work for the State etc. They're seeing the power, water & sewer bills "necessarily skyrocket" and less for them and the charities they -used- to be able to give to..? Pick a front, it's being challenged.

12. Patti on July 16th, 2012 6:37 pm

Well, I'll be……I've been having that very same* little chat* with any and all neighbors and family members…they actually seem to be giving it some thought !

13. clu seatoe on July 16th, 2012 6:43 pm

AMERICA ANXIOUSLY AWAITS!!

Hooray, for Zero care hiring McMD’s from Granada, Ukraine and Jamaica mawn. English your second or third language? No problem. From Trinidad? Bring your beads, bones and bird’s claws.

14. backwoodsconservative on July 16th, 2012 6:50 pm

I heard a friend say that a lot of his coworkers keep saying of Obama, "Give him a chance." I suppose a lot of those same people voted for Bush over Kerry in 2004 to give Bush a chance.

15. Patti on July 16th, 2012 6:51 pm

Yes, really great.

Looks like all the D's are for this. ? Surprise….

The way I understand it, the 34 R Senators have said…. if this piece of sh*t is brought to the floor they will block it as only 34 are needed to accomplish that.
    So it's DEAD this year. And, some have said Choombama can't EO a treaty ?
    We'll see.

16. Marshall_Will on July 16th, 2012 6:56 pm

Right, if you liked Afghanistan, you're gonna' LOVE Iraq!

In terms of, the economy, all Bush did was talk Alan Greenspan into lowering rates. So there wasn't a lot of tinkering or intrusion and a lot of us suffered trying to get out of the post dot.com wreck.

But that's life and sometimes it sucks but ya' just live with it.

17. Marshall_Will on July 16th, 2012 7:02 pm

We can only hope. I'd like to see teh Bumster take it in the shorts and drop a few Deep Blue states that will HAUNT him until death. One of those states that make ya' wanna' say hmm…?

A few "didn't see that coming?" where we can say to Dims, you're not even ON the bus, but are welcome to run behind, Tommy Boy. I'm looking for a real endzone celebration complete with spiking etc. We'll need it to get so many of these states back in line. That way HI, CA, IL etc. and their deathgrip on State houses will look all the more ridiculous as the rest of us right our woes.

18. Truesoldier__ on July 16th, 2012 8:22 pm

If that were to happen I think I would have to take a week off from work just to sober up from the party.

19. Marshall_Will on July 16th, 2012 8:47 pm

Seriously.

Many of us are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. It's been a long HARD road back. The 2010 Mid's feel like a lifetime ago and were DEFINITELY not part of the Soft Coup Plan.

In ways, that made it worse. Bam-Holder felt pressured to step every aspect of Da' Plan to break neck pace.

20. clu seatoe on July 16th, 2012 10:00 pm

America has always been a free market driven society. The current economy notwithstanding, an individual may place his or her labor skill-set, or education, or a combination of both on the market to secure a position of employment in the same way manufacturing company may place it’s product on the market to secure sales, etc.

The marketplace will happily absorb any sort of foolishness, frivolity, or even stupidity (witness the Frisbee, miniature golf, or the pet rock) and with innumerable proven results. Any sort of foolishness, that is, except for one thing: the effortlessness of the LAZY, or SLOTH. Only the U.S. Government will pay for THAT (witness the welfare system). In fact a whole political party has grown up to tout themselves as the saviors of those in the free-fall of the welfare abyssal, but all they do is create generational perpetuation.

Because Affirmative Action helps are free or at vastly reduced cost for those who live in SLOTH, and therefore qualify, and yet it is still refused, one can only surmise that it’s due to the EFFORT NEEDED to take hold of one of the lifesaving Affirmative Action devises and create something marketable.

To create a marketable life might take more effort and a longer period of time than trying out for a sports team. But even with all the effort put into trying to help with Affirmative Action, all that is heard back are cries of “RACIST, not good enough” as the help is refused. So they sink away in despair and disappear into their chosen part of the society, the unmarketable welfare systems.

The only effort needed to create the unmarketable life is to learn to complain loudly and in the right places, to learn street corner sales of drugs and such, to learn the art of blaming others, and to learn to use direct deposit and a debit card.

21. SignPainterGuy on July 16th, 2012 10:35 pm

More good news, the DISCLOSE ACT went down 51 – 44. 60 votes were needed for cloture !

The "Horse Thief and Train Robber`s great-great Nephew" fails to get another one !

Aaaah ha ha ha haaaaaa !!

22. Granny55 on July 17th, 2012 3:57 pm

According to Dick Morris yesterday – all Hillary has to do is sign the treaty and it is immediately implemented according to UN. Dingy Harry then doesn't bring it to a vote on the floor and as long as it stays dead in the senate it is law because we are signed on to the UN. We need to get loud and verbal about this one!!!

23. Granny55 on July 17th, 2012 4:02 pm

I would love it to be Michigan – only because the strongholds of Detroit, Flint and Saginaw are the population centers and they are all Democrats so the rest of the state gets screwed.