You just know this is one the Obama campaign would like to be able to yell “cut” like a Hollywood director in order to stop down and re-script the entire speech. Why? Because it put too much of the real Barack Obama on full display. That’s exactly how he thinks, and everybody should know it. This new Romney video helps spread the word:

The Associated Press was nice enough to spin like a top for the administration by informing readers what Obama’s intention was in that statement.

Comments

27 Responses to “New Romney Video Hammers Obama’s ‘You Didn’t Build That’”

1. Truesoldier__ on July 19th, 2012 1:38 pm

Of course there is Debbie Downer's spin to all of this:

"now [it’s] absolutely ludicrous to suggest that taking the President’s statement, which was in the middle of a speech, that that’s what that said,"

2. Obama bin Biden on July 19th, 2012 1:40 pm

Great commerical- when the teleprompter is resting, the true commie comes out.

thanks for sharing.

ObB

3. Truesoldier__ on July 19th, 2012 1:43 pm

I just saw a great line for what Obama said about small businesses. They are now calling this statement Obama's Re-Marx.

4. Truesoldier__ on July 19th, 2012 1:47 pm

I read the text of the video over at the Washington Examiner (YouTube is blocked at work). Sounds like a very hard hitting ad and I cannot wait to show it to my wife and kids tonight when I get home.

5. Marshall_Will on July 19th, 2012 2:13 pm

"We’re all in this together and that’s the approach President Obama takes to governing, so to suggest that he said anything other than that is a distraction," she said.

Mason said he watched the clip of Obama's speech "like, ten times.”

“I don’t know how else you can interpret it,” he said.

Sorry to break it to ya' Deb but Biz is cutthroat, backstabbing and spiteful. There's no "we're all in this together" TO IT. Loyalty is to the CUSTOMER, not some Gov't overseer. It just works BETTER this way. So obviously YOU don't get it either.

6. Marshall_Will on July 19th, 2012 2:17 pm

Like all good comedy..?

For many connected people, from both parties actually, all they have ever known is crony capitalism. Boodle has become such an accepted way of "doing business" you have politicians explaining to the rookies; "You can't just HAND me the cash like this. There's certain CHANNELS we still have to go through!?"

7. SignPainterGuy on July 19th, 2012 2:18 pm

"Obama`s Re-Marx", heh, sounds like a commie real estate agency. I just saw a pic of an Obama office upstairs over two closed bizs.

Rush and Glenn have both pointed out that IF a biz should flourish because there`s a giverment road in front of it, why are there so many closed bizs with roads in front of them ?

My Dad went to college for a degree in commercial art in the late 20`s and early 30`s, without giverment aid, btw, and then worked for several sign companies till entering the Navy in WWII, where he had a blast as a CB co. artist and signpainterguy. Then, he returned to other cos till `52, when he and Mom moved here, he got on at the local paper mill as their signpainterguy and also started a side biz of his own in our basement and a room upstairs, AGAIN, without giverment help. I started working with him in `81 and took over in `90, also without giverment help. After all these years, other than the necessary infrastructure we ALL use and benefit from, roads and bridges and police protection and various city services, the gooberment has done more to take from me and be in my way than making it possible for me to do biz as I`d like and my customers could appreciate !

Unless you`ve been in the biz, you cant believe how restrictive the licensing process and requirements are. For instance, I can letter all over cars and trucks under my sign biz privilege license, but if I want to pinstripe a vehicle, I must have the same license as a body shop !

8. SignPainterGuy on July 19th, 2012 2:21 pm

Real bizs compete for biz, but that`s like sunshine to a vampire for a lib !

9. Truesoldier__ on July 19th, 2012 2:32 pm

The whole were "in it together" thing is no different than Obama saying "yuo didn't build it on your own", so how is anything taken out of context?

10. Truesoldier__ on July 19th, 2012 2:35 pm

I don't doubt it one bit. I just saw that the US Post Office will default on Aug 1st. If Govt is so great beacause of the roads and infrastructure and all how is it that the PO is going under?

11. SignPainterGuy on July 19th, 2012 2:48 pm

That one`s actually fairly easy to explain. First, there is no competition for the type of delivery service the PO provides. No other delivery service is required by law and charter to deliver to EVERY address in the US and do it at such a regulated rate. Second, the union(s). Like GM, the unions have cost their host-companies $ Begillions extra to provide retirement and other bennies to an old and growing hoard of people. There is now too few workers paying in to cover all the entitlements and regs won`t allow for rate increases that would cover those costs, PLUS, neither you nor I would pay the rates required to make the PO profitable !

Gooberment should NEVER be involved in running ANY biz !

Some idiot said last year, the way for the PO to return to profitability is for them to handle "even more" junk mail ! I rest my case !

12. LauraLee on July 19th, 2012 3:11 pm

LOL! The left the master of spin, trying to declare spin is being used against them…..laughable at the least, insane at the most!

13. Truesoldier__ on July 19th, 2012 3:18 pm

But, but, but you just explained why it didn't work because of Government and Obama is saying businesses can only be created because of government……/sarc

14. Marshall_Will on July 19th, 2012 4:00 pm

LauraLee,

We're never too sure WHAT to make of DWS around here? We've caught her in so many LIES we've lost track. Yeah I'm sure Mitt is shakin' in his boots over wild, unfounded and maniacal Bain Claims…

15. Marshall_Will on July 19th, 2012 4:06 pm

Our neighbor works for the P.O. She's actually a pretty good worker ( but a TERRIBLE gossip ) and forever walking around smugly over how "her retirement is going to be 'this' and she's going to have 'that'..?

I just don't have the heart to tell her how tentative ( and skeptical ) that whole scenario is. I put the chances of her getting everything they'd advertised at less than 10%. The same for nothing at ALL with the 80% liklihood of *severely* reduced benefits.

So keep voting for any & every utilities/HOA hike that comes down the road Missy. Don't worry, YOU'LL be able to 'afford' it..?

16. Patti on July 19th, 2012 4:41 pm

Hi guys… this is off topic, but wanted to let you know, by way of Right Scoop, Christie hasn’t been picked to be the keynote speaker at the Convention, seems to have been one of many *rumors.* ?

17. SignPainterGuy on July 19th, 2012 7:44 pm

Well, at least the "rumor mill" is still running at 100% ! ;-)

I read a few days ago that Ron Paul has sorta, kinda, in-a-way, just about, almost, nearly ended his campaign and will not speak at the convention in Miami, BUT his supporters WILL be there in force ! No word on whether the faux republican Paul will endorse Mitt or Libertarian Johnson or anyone else for that matter …..

Is that like "clear as mud" ?

18. SignPainterGuy on July 19th, 2012 8:34 pm

From the "You just can`t make this sh!t up" dept, the O`Campaign is now saying that Zero did in fact NOT say that "If you have a biz, you didn`t build it" !

OK, OK, that`s not a direct, verbatim quote, but whatever it was, Zero DID NOT SAY IT ! Got it ?!

19. Truesoldier__ on July 19th, 2012 8:52 pm

Not only are they saying he didn't say it, but their new ad shows a side by side comparison with what Romney says he said and what he actually said and guess what they are identicla. I kid you not. Check it out here:

20. backwoodsconservative on July 19th, 2012 9:13 pm

"Did I do that?"

Yes, Barack O'Urkel, you did.

21. SignPainterGuy on July 19th, 2012 9:23 pm

Yes he did, he said that ! That`s what he said, he said that !

(say it real fast) I remember some old, OLD, cartoons from the `50s probably of an old country woman saying that, and others too. I tried YouTube without results.

22. SignPainterGuy on July 19th, 2012 9:28 pm

The funny thing is, they don`t realize how lame and stupid they look trying to pull this crap !

It`s like in `08ish, James Carville on his show repeating something a conservative said, then flopping his hands out in the "Duh!" fashion, as if just repeating what we say is proof WE ARE stupid.

23. ChapBix on July 20th, 2012 1:32 am

I hope this is but just the first of many such ads. Using Barry's (and the Dems) words against is a definite winner in my book. Hard, if not impossible, for the Obama'Dems kool-aid drinkers/guzzlers to 'splain this away.

24. jeffythequick on July 20th, 2012 3:44 am

Yeah, the next one should be Obama's re-marx and then the Democrats all saying he didn't say it.

Way to take them out 6 at a time… maybe make a chorus out of it and set it to music!

Obama: …You didn't build it…
    Debbie: He (stretch it out…)
    Matthews: He (higher pitch, stretch it out…)
    Nancy: He (higher pitch, stretch it out…)
    Juan: He (still higher pitch, stretch it out….)

All together: He didn't say it! (have the harmony together as all they show clips of them all denying that Obama said it.

cut to Obama…

Obama: If you have a business, you didn't build it!

Mockery is the easiest thing with these rubes.

25. jeffythequick on July 20th, 2012 11:06 am

My heart goest out to the families and people of Aurora, CO, especially the families of the ones affected by the madman that perpetrated that horror.

26. SignPainterGuy on July 20th, 2012 2:06 pm

And some of the best sunshine ! Sunshine is the best disinfectant !

27. New Romney Ad Blasts Obama on July 22nd, 2012 4:12 pm