This surprises me a little, because off-prompter Obama says what he really thinks even if he later tries to deny he didn’t say what he said:

The Obama campaign has no plans to change the president’s style on the stump in the wake of his “you didn’t build that” remark, which Republicans have seized upon in recent days to argue the president is out of touch on the economy.

Obama made the impromptu remark during a Virginia campaign address earlier this month when he was speaking without a teleprompter, referring occasionally to a binder of notes on his podium. The Hill reported last week that Obama would rely on the teleprompter less so that he could be more spontaneous and interact with his supporters at campaign appearances instead of reading from two glass panes.

The Obama campaign must really believe it’s more important for Obama to “connect” with his audience off prompter even though there’s a risk that what comes out of his mouth will be Marxist drivel and ad fodder for Romney rather than return to the scripted safety that TOTUS usage offers but that makes him appear more disconnected from the crowd.

If they do keep him off the prompter, at some point we’ll get more of these collectivist gems:

Comments

21 Responses to “Good News for Romney: Obama Has No Plans to Bring Back the Teleprompter for Stump Speeches”

1. backwoodsconsr on July 27th, 2012 6:03 pm

Will the real Barack Obama please stand up?

Oh, what am I thinking? You can't stand up. You've got your foot stuck in your mouth.

2. SignPainterGuy on July 27th, 2012 7:22 pm

Makes it hard to sit down as well ! Oddly though, it doesn`t keep him from spouting marxist drivel !

As these photos may help explain, Zero`s "foot in his mouth" is not his only problem; KEYBOARD / SPEW ALERT http://hardnox-in-virginia.blogspot.com/2012/07/l

3. Joe Redfield on July 27th, 2012 7:45 pm

It's hard to believe that, even as sleazy as they are, Axelrod, Plouffe, Jarrett and company have not chained the teleprompter to El Presidente. They are certainly acute enough to realize that a few more spontaneous outbursts from the Greatest Orator Ever will cause the Supreme Court to invoke the electoral Slaughter Rule, and the game will officially be over.

4. jeffythequick on July 28th, 2012 12:17 am

Maybe we can have a double feature:

PBo sans TOTUS as a warm up act for
    Plugs on Drugs!

5. SignPainterGuy on July 28th, 2012 1:53 am

Hey, pssst, lean in close so I can whisper (you did say, "Sshhhh"). Tell Mrs. TheQuick, "Happy Birthday", no wait, this is from ME, so make it, "Happy 29 1/2th Birfday" !! ;-)

6. ChapBix on July 28th, 2012 2:30 am

Works for me! Keep Barry off TOTUS so we can see what other gems he comes up with.

7. jeffythequick on July 28th, 2012 4:33 am

I married young. That is, I was old, and she was young;)

Anyhow, after watching and wrenching over the opening ceremonies, complete with a tribute to Britain's National Health Service (why, I ask…) and seeing a Barack ad about all the new jobs he's creating… ( hint, Barry: people that watch sporting events don't want to see political ads, but keep spending that cash), I have to say that it really wasn't that spectacular.

8. Granny55 on July 28th, 2012 10:10 am

That was the worst opening ceremony – EVER – I tuned out when they started the whole hospital sh!t. WTF?????

9. jeffythequick on July 28th, 2012 11:46 am

The announcers were just as in love with the bed thing too.

"As we Americans argue over the ACA, they LOOOOOVE the NHS here in England."

Part of the music was "God save the Queen" from the Secks Pistols with the queen present. How disrespectful. I love the song, but it was entirely inappropriate for the olympics.

Plus, what was with the children's nightmare theme? My 6 year old daughter was asking about that.

10. SignPainterGuy on July 28th, 2012 3:09 pm

I broke with tradition and thought I "might" enjoy the Opening Ceremonies, so I tuned in NBC, saw them slobbering over the Biebs and tuned out. I had no idea how long it would take to get around to the real thing … and totally lost patience.

Later on the webs I saw the Nurses, Beds n Bouncing Patients pic and knew I`d made the right decision !

11. SignPainterGuy on July 28th, 2012 3:11 pm

You`re not tellin` me I should`a wished the Child Bride "Happy 27 1/3th Birfday" are you ?

12. jeffythequick on July 28th, 2012 3:23 pm

maybe in a couple of years you can… ;)

13. The Watcher on July 28th, 2012 4:03 pm

Well, it the WH's connections to Hollywood, I'll be expecting an animatronic Obama any day now.

Until then, watch to see if they color-coordinate his speech-feeder earpiece.

14. SignPainterGuy on July 28th, 2012 4:37 pm

Any funny looks from hotel desk-clerks ?

15. SignPainterGuy on July 28th, 2012 4:37 pm

Good one !

16. jeffythequick on July 28th, 2012 8:00 pm

funny you should mention that… I was driving from Charleston to Seattle with my two daughters (17 and 16 at the time), and the looks from the clerks was disturbing…

One even asked, and he backed off when I told him that they were my daughters. Maybe it was the way I said it.

17. SignPainterGuy on July 28th, 2012 9:46 pm

3 of us couples went to Myrtle Beach, SC in `77 and went to several motels before we found one that would rent us a room for ALL of us. Really, we only needed a bathroom / shower, who sleeps at times like that ? We stayed on the beach walking n stuff all night long. One elderly couple turned us away with, "We don`t DO that here !"

18. gema on July 31st, 2012 10:51 am

that is why we need to create something like that. That's is why a lot of people are doing the same thing. thanks much for the help. free online pmp training pmp exam questions

19. Aspen Real Estate on September 17th, 2012 3:05 am

You're still trying to argue with someone? who agrees with you. I'm not exactly sure why you're confusing me as your adversary. We seem to share the same views…

20. real estate mammoth on September 17th, 2012 4:07 am

No harm done. I've made the same mistake? more than I care to admit in these discussions…

21. Workers comp expert on October 17th, 2012 1:15 pm

Good to be back in here, have always liked reading through, keep up updated, you are really great!
    Chris Harris