One of the tragedy vultures using the Aurora shootings for attempted political gain is Colorado Rep. Ed Perlmutter.

Having previously used the crime that took place in Aurora to call for more gun control, Perlmutter, whose district includes Aurora, is now comforting his concerned constituents by reminding them that if their lives are ever affected by a motivated mass murderer, Obamacare will be there for them:

PERLMUTTER: Affordable Care Act is in place. The Supreme Court approved its terms a couple, three weeks ago. And it will do some things that, in my opinion needed to be done. It will stop the discrimination against people with prior illnesses or injuries, or say some of the folks who were shot in the theater, they would be uninsurable now that they’ve had that wound, but under the affordable care act they can’t be discriminated against starting in 2014.

Cue the shamelessness:

Comments

23 Responses to “Dem Congressman: Thanks to Obamacare, Getting Shot by a Madman in a Movie Theater Will No Longer Render You Uninsurable!”

1. Marshall_Will on July 31st, 2012 5:40 pm

Gosh Ed, that is so comforting. ( Was this guy a used car salesman prior to being elected? )

To my knowledge there's never been a policy exclusion for having a skiing accident or breaking an ankle at church softball? Shows how little these D-holes understood about the issue at hand even -after- reading it?

2. jeffythequick on July 31st, 2012 5:40 pm

Yeah, they're coming unglued…

I'd love to see Romney show this ad: http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-campaig

and then say, "Mr. pResident, you're the leader of the executive branch. If you have enough evidence, arrest me. Put up or shut up."

3. Truesoldier__ on July 31st, 2012 6:22 pm

This is just beyond sick. I would hope his constiuents would vote him out, but somehow I have the feeling he is one of those "safe" districts.

4. Truesoldier__ on July 31st, 2012 6:23 pm

I would not be surprised if he has Holder working on "finding" some evidence as we speak.

5. Truesoldier__ on July 31st, 2012 6:25 pm

Read it. Hell , they are still making it up as they go along.

6. Marshall_Will on July 31st, 2012 6:50 pm

And uh… as GUNSHOT victim ( wouldn't they be taking you to the freaking Emergency Room and TREATING you regardless your insurability status..? )

Just thinkin' out loud here? Yeah no correlation whatsoever. We'll have to get on MM about ways to help CO residents to show this clown the door. I mean even as a CO Dim, isn't this a little embarassing?

7. Truesoldier__ on July 31st, 2012 7:03 pm

Of course that was one of the biggest falsehoods of the whole "healthcare" debate. It was never about healthcare, it was about health insurance. A huge difference, but one that seemed to be ignored by the liberal side of the debate and not articulated at all by the weak spined GOP.

8. Marshall_Will on July 31st, 2012 7:06 pm

Jeff, absolutely. It's time he come out swinging on that. Probably a mistake to sit down w/ Brian Williams ANY way. What a little weasel.

9. Truesoldier__ on July 31st, 2012 7:44 pm

And then Reid decides to show just how dispicable he can be in this campaign:

Reid went on, “His poor father must be so embarrassed about his son,” referring to George Romney’s decision to release 12 years of tax returns during his run for president.

10. Truesoldier__ on July 31st, 2012 7:47 pm

When I was working on a Congressional campaign back in 2006 I told the candidate not to agree to any interviews unless he could record it. This way he had an unedited copy of the interview to counter any selective editing by the lib media. He did just that and there ended up being none of those "gotcha" out of context stories.

Coincidence….I think not!

11. Granny55 on July 31st, 2012 8:03 pm

POS is certainly "out of touch" with reality – those victims would have received the same top shelf treatment they are getting right now – it's the law – before Obamacare!!!

12. SignPainterGuy on July 31st, 2012 8:37 pm

Excellent advice TS !

I may run for the county line soon, would you manage my campaign ? ;-)

A pol would have to be an absolute narcissist or truly devoted to community service (or some combo) to expose himself to the anal exam and underhanded shecanery that even a Town Alderman or City Mgr. catches !

13. jeffythequick on July 31st, 2012 8:46 pm

Reid is all class, isn't he? The voters of Nevada must be so proud.

It'd be fun to have them both in the same office with Thomas S. Monson (the leader of the LDS church) and have him ask, "Brother Reid, tell me the story of Mitt's dad, so I can understand what you're saying."

Seriously, there is an honorable way to have a campaign, and Reid is using lies. I took a class once about ethical dilemmas, and one of the things I took from that is lying is intentionally giving a person a false idea of what really happened.

Reid is almost skilled in that tactic. He is a liar.

14. Truesoldier__ on July 31st, 2012 8:54 pm

Agreed. Far better to be working behind the scenes (where the policies are actually created) than to be the talking head receiving the media anal exam.

15. Marshall_Will on July 31st, 2012 10:36 pm

Yes, true. And b/c the insurers are already victims of "regulatory creep" they left themselves without a leg to stand on. Given the battering they've taken between the hands of Medi, the MD's and drug co's.., they figured WTH..?

Let's cast fate to the wind and see where this thing takes us! Can't be any worse off than we are NOW?

16. ChapBix on July 31st, 2012 11:13 pm

That's right. "As the Secretary may determine/decide/etc. …"

17. SignPainterGuy on August 1st, 2012 12:00 am

Ooooo, wouldn`t THAT be "fly on the wall" time ?

18. Mobile phone bag on August 1st, 2012 5:47 am

Thanks so much for your great page, this is the stuff that keeps me awake through out these day. I've been searching around for your site after being referred to them from a buddy and was thrilled when I was able to find it after searching for some time. Being a demanding blogger, I'm glad to see others taking initivative and contributing to the community. I would like to comment to show my appreciation for your post as it is very challenging to do, and many bloggers do not get appreciation they deserve. I am sure I'll drop by again and will send some of my friends.

19. Truesoldier__ on August 1st, 2012 1:11 pm

Looks like Doug's site has been invaded by the random shopping site link poster.

20. SignPainterGuy on August 2nd, 2012 1:29 am

I was email-alerted to a reply comment, it turned out to be an online dress co. This happens occasionally. The whatever to English translation is sketchy at best !

Speaking of email alerts to replies; sometimes people will reply to a comment in a thread from several months ago with off the wall comments. It`s almost like you`re monitoring a radio frequency and someone breaks in talking about some nothing. You have no clue who they are or where they are or what they want. You can`t get their attention, but they cover up the signal you need. Come on people, find a clear channel !

21. blogc2011 on March 6th, 2013 7:28 pm

I really appreciate your post. It gives an outstanding idea that is very helpful for all the people on the web. Thanks for sharing this information and I'll love to read your next post too essayontime review

22. dianacollins90 on May 16th, 2013 5:11 am

I just want to say that you have done a great work here.

23. Logo Design Services on May 16th, 2013 5:13 am

We are really grateful for your blog post.