President Obama, speaking at a fundraiser yesterday:

Of Mr. Sorkin, the president said he ‘writes the way every Democrat in Washington wished they spoke.’

Clip from an episode of HBO’s The Newsroom, written by Aaron Sorkin:

For the record, Obama’s right. Sorkin does write how many Democrats wished they spoke — it’s just that they can’t or else they’d never get elected in the first place. That’s why they usually keep their true beliefs hidden behind closed doors at high dollar fundraisers and live them vicariously through the creations of their fellow leftists in Hollywood.

You’ll also notice that usually Sorkin or his ilk who can find any number of countries just as good or far better than the US ever choose to go live in them, even though they can afford to go anywhere. I wonder why…

Comments

31 Responses to “Obama: Sorkin ‘Writes the Way Democrats Wished They Spoke’”

1. SignPainterGuy on August 7th, 2012 4:59 pm

Why don`t those lib richie richs go to other countries to live if they are so much better ? As truesoldier pointed out in the Sean Penn thread, those other countries don`t want them there !! If they aren`t happy in the greatest country the world has ever known, they`d be positively miserable anywhere else and that`d likely rub off !

2. Doug on August 7th, 2012 5:03 pm

Like I've always said, the Hollywood left might be stupid, but they're smart enough not to live in places that actually practice what they preach!

3. archer on August 7th, 2012 7:06 pm

The very fact that someone could sit and run through a diatribe like that and not be arrested proves the very point he’s trying to refute.

Or, in other words, although trying to refute the premise of the question, the fact that he gets up and freely walks out of the auditorium in the end proves the premise to still be true.

Double-speak, double-speak! This is why so many people were, and a lot still are fooled by Zero’s oratory. If you know you’re in the wrong confuse them with many words. People don’t listen that well anyway.

Therefore, Zero’s quote may be accurate in a way he hadn’t thought.
    That is: though they may wish they could, DEMOCRATS CAN’T SPEAK TRUTH.

If you have Democrats in your life, are they truth-tellers and truth-seekers?

The incapability of truth and honesty and the anemia of character are the Ebola’s of liberal higher education campuses and liberal voter registration.

4. SignPainterGuy on August 7th, 2012 7:35 pm

This is classic lib writer / producer / Hollyweird trying (and failing) to speak conservative, or at least republican. Jeff`s character is full of it like a Christmas turkey. America isn`t what it once was and is headed down the wrong path, but I`m here to tell ya, America is by far the greatest country the world has ever known, STILL, and #2 is way down the line.

I also submit that we don`t hate libs because they lose, but because they ARE losers ! Everything they stand for is losing propositions !

5. archer on August 7th, 2012 7:50 pm

“This is classic lib writer…trying (and failing) to speak…”

It’s all fantasy. All scripted. All make believe. And this is what Zero dreams about being. This is what and who Zero admires and wants to emulate. He’s caught up in the Hollywood fantasy big-screen life of make believe.

6. SignPainterGuy on August 7th, 2012 7:59 pm

His entire life has been fantasy after fantasy, doors opened for him without much output on his part. Who can blame him for thinking life is a fairytale; for him, it has !

I do think, however, that his mind must be a jumble; so many teachers and all of them a wee bit different. None actually opposed to another, but so many ways to scam the system must be confusing, especially after he`s clicked his heels umpteen times and the fantasy hasn`t snapped into place !

7. Truesoldier__ on August 7th, 2012 8:08 pm

Yep…he is nothing more than a narcissist with severe delusions of grandeur.

8. backwoodsconsr on August 7th, 2012 8:12 pm

When he mentioned the things this country ranks first in, he left out that we attract more investment by foreign companies than any other country. It has a lot to do with property rights and the certainty of being able to keep the returns from the investment, something the Dumbocrats are hell-bent on changing.

For anyone wanting to know where I got that information I would refer them to Thomas Sowell's book Basic Economics.

9. SignPainterGuy on August 7th, 2012 8:14 pm

Heading for a life-shattering fall !

10. SignPainterGuy on August 7th, 2012 8:17 pm

Hmmm, those wonders still haven`t stopped ceasing; you`re back to your old personna and # ! Fascinating !

Great point by you and Dr TS !

11. backwoodsconsr on August 7th, 2012 8:25 pm

Yeah, I got logged out of my backwoodsconservative moniker and couldn't figure out a password to get back in. The whole thing is a mystery to me.

12. backwoodsconsr on August 7th, 2012 8:32 pm

The Democrats I know whole heartedly believe everything their beloved politicians tell them and have no interest in looking beyond it. Shallow thinking is the order of the day.

13. SignPainterGuy on August 7th, 2012 8:34 pm

A strange and mysterious mystery !

14. backwoodsconsr on August 7th, 2012 8:41 pm

Curiouser and curiouser.

15. Marshall_Will on August 7th, 2012 9:49 pm

I've already commited to reading it, but that much should be self evident. Well… at least if you're not a flaming Libtard..?

16. Marshall_Will on August 7th, 2012 9:56 pm

archer said,

"This is why so many people were, and a lot still are fooled by Zero’s oratory. If you know you’re in the wrong confuse them with many words."

After lengthy hiatus, I returned to a Housing Bubble Blog I basically co-founded. While Conservative in its origins, we quickly became overrun w/ Professional Leftists from all corners of the country. I hadn't been there in years.

Incredibly after all that time ( 2008? ) many are STILL hammering away on, albeit 'softer' talking points, SOCIAL JUSTICE! Oh they've tailored their approaches and dither on whether they support Occupy's basic premise? But make no mistake, once a Leftist ALWAYS a Leftist and they're not apologizing for the FIX they've put this country in ONE BIT.

In ways I understand. To step the hell up and take accountability for what Mooderates and Independents wrought upon this country is basically volunteering for the electric chair. They're still blame spinning and mincing semantics. It's practically an art form where they're concerned…

17. SignPainterGuy on August 7th, 2012 10:56 pm

OK, Ok, I`ll go buy it ! Sheesh !

18. joyannaadams on August 7th, 2012 11:47 pm

Wow…I bet Obama would LOVE to put that speech at the Democratic convention. Really,…the party of morality? The party that are going to send MILLIONS of the sick and old to an early death with Obamacare? Hitler would be jealous of the new Obamacare coming genocide–killing you with a happy face. So much "nicer" than gas chambers, and much more…untracable.

Ah yes…those moral, upstanding, righteous, and ignorant liberals, who have taken our country down the drain, for their own simple greed.

Idiots.

Notice…how easily they blame the conservatives…Thanks for posting that Mr. Powers…I am now very glad that I cancealed HBO.

19. ChapBix on August 7th, 2012 11:49 pm

Great one, Doug!

20. ChapBix on August 7th, 2012 11:52 pm

Compounding that is the need to parse Zero's words, every one of them.

21. SignPainterGuy on August 7th, 2012 11:54 pm

I cancelled HBO and The Movie Ch. and started my current beard at about the same time….. 27 years ago !

22. ChapBix on August 7th, 2012 11:57 pm

As they enrich themselves at the expense of the middle class and poor.

23. joyannaadams on August 7th, 2012 11:59 pm

Uh…your beard is 27 years old? Wow. Joyanna Adams

24. SignPainterGuy on August 8th, 2012 12:09 am

Fascinating isn`t it how the "smartest president EVAH" requires so much parsing of his words, so much clarification and so much delay for consultation among advisers and spokespersons. I would think such a smart person could be counted on to "say what he means and mean what he says" …. the FIRST time !!

25. SignPainterGuy on August 8th, 2012 12:11 am

I DO trim it, FWIW ! ;-) I just remembered, this moostache has been dusting cookies continuously since late `78 …. nearly 34 years.

26. backwoodsconsr on August 8th, 2012 6:34 am

I threw that in there because I didn't know an online reference I could link to. You're right, flaming libtards would never understand it, most won't even read it. It doesn't follow The Precious Narrative, and is therfore blasphemy.

27. backwoodsconsr on August 8th, 2012 6:35 am

Sorry, not trying to beat anybody to death with it. I do wish I could cram the knowledge in it into some liberal heads.

28. backwoodsconsr on August 8th, 2012 6:39 am

Obamacare and many other liberal programs would work very well if the government had an unlimited amount of money. It's amazing how many people seem to think it does.

29. backwoodsconsr on August 8th, 2012 8:35 am

Maybe I should stop being so lazy and look for online references. The numbers run counter to the assumption that all the jobs are going overseas and we're not getting anything back.

30. backwoodsconsr on August 8th, 2012 9:23 am

My beard is only 10 years old. It's still a young'un. However, it is prematurely gray.

31. SignPainterGuy on August 8th, 2012 1:25 pm

You and M_W mentioned it, so on one hand I felt surrounded and on the other, I felt left out. It was too much pressure !

(Just tryin` my libby whine) ;-)

Now to decide whether to risk a drive over into the San Fran of the East Coast and Barnes & Noble for a hard copy or chance the Amazon hack and buy it for e-Kindle. Too many decisions !!