The economy is in the tank and there’s nothing for him to campaign on except tired excuses and lies, so now President Obama’s newest slogan seems to be “drunk enough to believe you’re better off than you were four years ago, America?”

He bought beers for several people at the Iowa State Fair, and now he’s even carrying brew on his bus to give away:

A surprising anecdote from a White House pool report this morning:

Campaign official also offers up that potus was talking about white house beer, which apparently the white house brews, she said, and one cafe patron requested a bottle, so potus sent out to Ground Force One and gave him one.

And, in a subsequent pool report from press secretary Jay Carney’s gaggle, we get this:

There was some extended discussion about beer brewery at the white house, which turns out a light and dark beer that carney said he had seen the president drink. No comment on how often Obama travels with beer.

He’ll probably be shooting beers out of a converted hot dog cannon by the time it’s all over.

Semi-related: Perfect headline.

Update: Some beer drinkers might enjoy Obama’s presence…. beer sellers, maybe not so much.

Comments

11 Responses to “Obama Determined to Win the Election One Beer at a Time”

1. Truesoldier__ on August 14th, 2012 6:46 pm

Doug, that is what Obama meant by "shared prosperity". As the beer tent owner put it, “I was in a position to make a campaign donation against my will"

2. archer on August 14th, 2012 7:10 pm

I just gave tens of thousands of dollars a week ago to this grifter to listen to him prattle and had to spend time with people I hate and this is what he’s doing with my money??

3. SignPainterGuy on August 14th, 2012 7:54 pm

When is a store owner or vender gonna grow a spine and tell Obama to go away, he`s hurting business ! ?

So now Obama isn`t satisfied with businesses going bankrupt weeks or months after his visits, he wants it to happen RIGHT NOW !!

4. backwoodsconsr on August 14th, 2012 10:09 pm

There are no beer goggles thick enough to make his record look good.

5. jeffythequick on August 15th, 2012 12:24 am

150,000,001 bottles of beer on the wall,
    150,000,001 bottles of beer…
    take one down, pass it around,
    150,000,000 bottles of beer on the wall.

One thing I never understood about that song is why they pass it around. There seems to be plenty of beer bottles for everyone, why not just take down what you need, and everyone just have a bottle to themselves? A lot less chance of getting a communicable disease, too.

6. SignPainterGuy on August 15th, 2012 2:50 am

OK, so everybody would have their OWN beer. What`re ya gonna do then, sing "I Like Beer" ?

7. backwoodsconsr on August 15th, 2012 9:58 am

Obama has to drink a lot of beer so he can continue to make his devoted followers believe he's making it rain.

8. jeffythequick on August 15th, 2012 4:51 pm

My religion keeping me from consuming any (more) beers, I guess if I was second in line with MM*, SE Cupp, Megyn Kelly*, Kimberly Guilfoyle*, Dana Perino*, Andrea Tantaros, or any of the other conservative hotties…

* While I'm in my fantasy world drinking beer with them, this fantasy also has them as single… and Guilfoyle is still married, but separated, so she's still off limits.

9. SignPainterGuy on August 15th, 2012 9:06 pm

Yep, gotta refill !

10. SignPainterGuy on August 15th, 2012 9:22 pm

Hmmmm, when you fantasize, you at least go 1st Class ! ;-)

My Dad had ONE beer a day, EVERY day. He`d say, "I don`t drink any more. I don`t drink any less, but I don`t drink any MORE !" While on vacay at the beach, the next-door neighbor insisted all us adult men have boiler makers; two days in a row. Those were the only times I ever saw my Dad at all tipsy. He was funny. Boiler makers are a short, straight road to RURNT !!

11. backwoodsconsr on August 16th, 2012 9:59 am

Among my circle of friends we called them Neutron Bombs. They blow your head away and leave your body intact.