Just a few days ago, Hope & Change™ paid a visit to the Tonight Show as Michelle Obama told Jay Leno how proud she is of the job her husband’s doing and how things are turning around.

Then, mere days later, Hope & Change™ paid another visit:

NBC’s The Tonight Show with Jay Leno has laid off between 20 and 25 employees while the host himself has taken a massive pay cut, according to reports.

Leno volunteered to slash his reported $30 million salary to save other staffers from being fired, according to Deadline.

The 62-year-old’s new salary is likely around $20 million, according to the Los Angeles Times.

This comes amid budget cuts from NBC’s parent company, Comcast, which has a number of employees who are big time Obama supporters. Why aren’t they sharing the prosperity like their hero has envisioned?

But at least those laid off will have health care! Or maybe not

Comments

6 Responses to “Hope & Change™ Hits Tonight Show Twice in a Few Days”

1. archer on August 18th, 2012 7:19 pm

“Michelle Obama most proud of health care…”

“Er, umm, that’s the health care I won’t be using because I want to speak directly to my doctor and not have to go through some island interpreter who can’t even read the bones, spit, and crow’s feet.”

2. SignPainterGuy on August 18th, 2012 7:26 pm

Don`t forget that you`ll have to test your way through the death panels first, before you even get to the witch doctors.

3. SignPainterGuy on August 18th, 2012 7:31 pm

I saw this pic and headline on Drudge earlier and resisted another O/T post; I`ve done several lately. (You`re welcome Doug)

It made me wonder if Moochelle has picked up some of her Hubby`s Reverse-Midas-Touch !?

4. jeffythequick on August 18th, 2012 10:33 pm

Imagine my terror when he did this…

It sent chills down my spine, but we may have resisted. We've delivered 17 787's so far…

5. SignPainterGuy on August 18th, 2012 11:18 pm

Bless your heart Lad, I feel your trepidation ! He`s done n touched you !

He said he wants to set up a credit agency so foreigners can buy our stuff. Is like like paying them to buy it ?

He also said (and I believe HE believes this to be the same as touting America`s greatness), "….. American workers will always win if they can compete on a level playing field, …."; isn`t that like saying we can compete if there`s no competition ? He added that he wants to offer financing to US cos to match what their overseas competitors get. Aah, now he wants to subsidize us to level the playing field.

Mmmm, don`t cha just feel so … loved ?

6. backwoodsconsr on August 19th, 2012 10:50 am

All I know is I sure am glad the Democrats love poor people so much. I'd hate to think what they would do to them if they didn't like them.

Or as Jed said to Jethro, "Don't help me, boy."