Because the cops will have nothing better to do:

Tampa Police will hand out a guide with tips for protesters during the Republican National Convention.

The Tampa Bay Times reports the guide has maps of the official parade route, the designated protest areas, and places to use the restroom, cool off, get water and seek first aid.

The guide lists banned items, gives advice on avoiding heat-related illnesses, and provides phone numbers for the RNC call center, the Hillsborough County jail and the America Civil Liberty Union’s hotline.

The guide was written with input from the ACLU.

Tampa officials say the guide is part of an effort to reach out to groups ranging from downtown businesses to out-of-town protesters.

Places for protesters to use the restroom? Since when is that a problem?

So, will the police be handing out tips and DNC phone numbers to protesters at the Dem convention in Charlotte? I know… had to ask though.

Comments

13 Responses to “Tampa Police to Hand Out ACLU-Written Protester Guides at GOP Convention”

1. Truesoldier__ on August 21st, 2012 4:06 pm

Of course with the prospect of a tropical storm, or perhaps a hurricane if it strengthens enough, currently heading in the direction of Tampa it could become really entertainig watching the protestors deal with the wind and rain.

2. archer on August 21st, 2012 4:17 pm

I’m thinking it’s much more the PO’s union (under who’s authority they are) than the PO’s themselves.

Labor trouble is ALWAYS union instigated.

3. Marshall_Will on August 21st, 2012 4:37 pm

Oh I doubt there'll be any 'protestors' that aren't perfectly LOCAL and well familiar with " advice on avoiding heat-related illnesses". The free advertising the Dims/PEU's are getting from handing out this pablum is about all the farther it'll go.

At least I HOPE Dims aren't counting on some sort of "mass influx" slithering in from the darkest reaches of Occupy Daily Kosland? And if there ARE it will be 10X for the Dim Convention!

And how VERY obedient of the TPD…

4. Granny55 on August 21st, 2012 5:50 pm

The Tampa Bay Times reports the guide has maps of the official parade route (so OWS can plant incindiary devices in advance), the designated protest areas (so OWS can set up their rape rooms), and places to use the restroom (no need for these facilities they will just crap where ever), cool off (not likely), get water (to go with their "medicinal drugs") and seek first aid (for the OD's and rape victims).

Little editing to clear matters up.

5. jeffythequick on August 21st, 2012 6:07 pm

Where will the council rooms be so they can decide if a legitimate rape occurred?

Up-Twinkles if you agree
    Down-Twinkles of you think Juanita is lying about Bill

6. Marshall_Will on August 21st, 2012 6:40 pm

Granny,

So true. These aren't "hand outs" or guides, they're INVITATIONS!

And as you pointed out yesterday w/ homecare providers, done so at 49.9% of the Conservative population's EXPENSE! Hope they're done up all nice and whatnot?

7. Granny55 on August 21st, 2012 6:47 pm

Atkin is on with Hannity right now – he is staying in. I am afraid he just handed Obama a win :[

8. jeffythequick on August 21st, 2012 7:05 pm

Can we get Murkowski (R-AK) down there to organize a write-in for someone else?

9. Marshall_Will on August 21st, 2012 7:25 pm

It's frustrating no doubt, but does his willful IGNORANCE of Biology 101 necessarily translate into a silver platter Win for CM..?

I'm not so sure. And at the SAME time, I'm not sure I WANT to see this s_x ed. washout win? We already have (1) gaffetastic pol. running around out there!

10. SignPainterGuy on August 21st, 2012 9:12 pm

The Tampa PD found bricks and pipes on rooftops along the parade route. Nice of the ACLU to advertise the route well in advance !

11. jeffythequick on August 22nd, 2012 9:58 am

Levin had it right. This idiot put himself over the country, party, and us. We already have one of those in the White House.

I can just see it now…

January 20, 2013, White House

Obama: Todd, I need to get ready for my inauguration. Can you help me?
    Akin: Sure
    Obama (clearing throat): Me me me me me me me me
    Akin (clearing throat): Me me me
    Obama (interrupting): Todd! You got it wrong. It's about me. Me me me me me
    Akin: Sorry, let's do it together. One, two, three…
    Obama (together with Akin): Me me me me me me
    Akin (with Obama): You you you you you you you

12. jeffythequick on August 22nd, 2012 10:01 am

I don't think this will be 1968. That was the Democrats bringing their own protesters.

I think if they show up at the Republican convention, it'll bring more votes to the conservative side.

They failed last summer with OWS. My kids saw what they did and were disgusted.

13. SignPainterGuy on August 22nd, 2012 1:59 pm

Last year, just a few weeks into the OWS movement, I met a young girl working the BK drive thru. She asked me if I`d heard of OWS and what did I think of it ? She was leaving that weekend to go up to NYC to take them supplies and thought it was great ! I told her it was utterly stupid and if they got what they claim to want, they`d hate it. We argued a moment (she could do without ALL modern technology) and I went on, not wanting to block the line.

She STILL works at that same BK and recognizes me, gives me cool (temp-wise) looks, but is cordial. I haven`t had the chance to ask if she has changed her mind, but obviously, she hasn`t given up her job.