The awesome responsibilities of the presidency have certainly pumped The One full of humility:

This evening at the president’s “NBA heroes” fundraiser in New York City, featuring Michael Jordan and Carmelo Anthony, Barack Obama was star struck.

“It is very rare I come to an event where I’m like the fifth or sixth most interesting person,” President Obama said, according to the pool report. “Usually the folks want to take a picture with me, sit next to me, talk to me. That has not been the case at this event and I completely understand.”

No longer the Most Interesting Man in the World — but don’t worry, he’s still the most arrogant:

In other Obama news, have you seen the most fitting picture of Obama ever taken?

(h/t Andrew Malcolm)

Comments

25 Responses to “Barack the Humble: It’s Very Rare I Come to an Event Where I’m Like the Fifth or Sixth Most Interesting Person”

1. jeffythequick on August 23rd, 2012 12:27 pm

I heard that if he wins re-election, they're not going to paint the oval office. They're going to just cover the walls with mirrors.

2. Truesoldier__ on August 23rd, 2012 12:35 pm

I don't think that has anything to do with the rest of the guests, I am thinking it has more to do with the same reason so many Dems in tough re-election bids are skipping the convention.

3. Truesoldier__ on August 23rd, 2012 12:36 pm

That and plenty of self portraits. I even heard that the reason Obama gave the Churchill bust back is he was making room for his own. At least that is what some anonymous caller told me the other day on the phone.

4. Truesoldier__ on August 23rd, 2012 12:36 pm

On August 23rd, 2012 at 10:31 am, Truesoldier said:
    O/T…It looks like Bidenitis is contagious:

Michelle Obama, speaking yesterday at a campaign event in Florida:

So that one new voter that you register in your precinct — think about it — that one neighbor that you get to the polls on November the 2 I want you to understand, that could be the one that makes the difference. That one conversation, that one new volunteer you recruit, that could be the one that puts this over the top.

The presidential election this year is November 6.

5. SignPainterGuy on August 23rd, 2012 12:58 pm

By all means then, let`s encourage the dems to show up on the 2nd !

6. Marshall_Will on August 23rd, 2012 1:19 pm

More humorous than perhaps you'd originally intended! Lol

In keeping w/ Doug's observation "making the Kardashians seem reclusive"; Bammie is the victim of his OWN over exposure. He's plastered up when checking your email, in the checkout line and in the conduit of your home's wiring. Short of electronically JAMMING the 10% remaining media space, TMAMITW has reached near total saturation!

Bulls/b-ball fans only get to see Jordan in Hanes commercials…

7. backwoodsconsr on August 23rd, 2012 3:55 pm

The 2nd week of November would be even better!

8. Patti on August 23rd, 2012 4:19 pm

Hi guys…lol….I was going to share the 'Mooch" gaffe..( think she's choomin' something, too ? These people are so much smarter than us, right? )

Hitler finds out Ryan is the VP pick

9. jeffythequick on August 23rd, 2012 5:37 pm

…in 2008 would have been better-er.

10. Marshall_Will on August 23rd, 2012 6:03 pm

"Everyone who thinks Ryan has boyish good looks, leave here!"

Oh that is TOO good. I never tire of it. Probably b/c be it in school, sports, our corp. lives, we've ALL blown a major lead and managed to p!ss away our every natural advantage. Complacency mostly…

And who hasn't been told to close the door BEHIND us!? Cancel the 1,200 cases of champagne and close out my E-Trade account.., freaking priceless!

11. backwoodsconsr on August 23rd, 2012 6:18 pm

Of course they want the Democrat voters to show up on November 2nd. Their motto is "Vote early and often."

12. SignPainterGuy on August 23rd, 2012 8:07 pm

After the event WOULD be better ! If they show up early, they`ll just come back on the 6th.

BTW, did you send me an email this morning ? Just checking to see if it`s legit or your hacker before I respond !

13. jeffythequick on August 23rd, 2012 8:27 pm

I didn't… I will check the e-mail logs when I get home. What time did it come?

14. SignPainterGuy on August 23rd, 2012 8:37 pm

Sorry, that was for bwc. It was at 8:07 am et.

15. backwoodsconsr on August 23rd, 2012 8:45 pm

Fortunately the hackers haven't got to me lately.

16. jeffythequick on August 24th, 2012 12:40 pm

Wow… I think I got Obamitis as well.

I thought it was about me.
    ;)

17. SignPainterGuy on August 24th, 2012 1:25 pm

It`s been said that for those who think people are always talking about them, they`re usually not !
    There`s also the correct point that "You`re not paranoid if they really are out to get you !"

You can feel comfortable somewhere in the middle !

You`re welcome ! ;-)

18. backwoodsconsr on August 24th, 2012 4:37 pm

The way I've heard it put is, if you're worried about what people think of you, you'd be surprised how seldom they do.

19. Physics games on September 21st, 2012 12:57 am

I seriously want to see some information regarding think chocolate – think Amelie Chocolat however accidentally I spotted your website. Your Herschel Space Telescope is very insightful and it's one of a kind.

20. Elgin on October 9th, 2012 1:30 am

This was an excellent article. It has some valuable content on this topic. Thank you for compiling it into an easy to read and well written post.

Elgin graduation cap and gown

21. Memphis on October 23rd, 2012 7:33 am

We clearly realize complications that different students have got writing their academic assignments and we give these students an opportunity to buy custom papers.
    Memphis graduation gowns

22. Chattanooga on October 27th, 2012 1:01 am

Accidentally went to your site, and now I can not tear myself away, I read at work and at home)) It's great that you can find information that does not always find in the literature!
    Chattanooga graduation cap and gown

23. Joey Atlas review on May 23rd, 2013 8:17 am

President Obama impresses with speech at White House Correspondents' Dinner If you have any desire to lead a group of people plz share your comments

24. 31 day fat loss on May 24th, 2013 4:55 am

The Obama President Takes Dinner In white house If u have any thing In your Minds share More Comments Here.

25. kyle leon on August 21st, 2013 9:25 am