Spotted being towed by an airplane above a recent Romney campaign event:

Geniuses. So glad their side has wrested control of our health care.

We shouldn’t hold these people accountable for their atrocious grammar or spelling — I mean, look at who they follow:

Comments

15 Responses to “Aerial Protester Unwittingly Encourages Romney to Focus on Improving the Educational System”

1. Truesoldier__ on August 27th, 2012 12:57 pm

If you want to see truly abysmal execution of 'English' enroll in an online college course that has a class discussion board. You need a translater to get through the text speech.

The sad thing is, the students later wonder why they fail English 101.

2. backwoodsconsr on August 27th, 2012 1:01 pm

You can't expect people who are dumb enough to be Democrats to know how to spell.

3. Truesoldier__ on August 27th, 2012 1:26 pm

No kidding. There is no time for English gramar classes at public schools anymore. Not when they have to give the kids diveristy training, culutral awareness and understanding lectures, LGBT tollerance studies, global warming classes and all around self-esteem self help clasees. When would they have time for things like reading, writing and arithmetic?

4. backwoodsconsr on August 27th, 2012 1:30 pm

And the hell of it is actually learning something would make the self esteem classes redundant.

5. Marshall_Will on August 27th, 2012 1:44 pm

None of which we should find surprising EXCEPT for the fact these people aren't even AWARE of their obvious failings and actually think "they're articulate"!

What's more deflating than legions of "pubic educators" openly flaunting they "don't feel spelling etc. is all that important"?

6. Granny55 on August 27th, 2012 2:22 pm

I am just amazed too at the lack of reading, writing and spelling skills. I worked with my kids tirelessly prior to their very first day at school. I read to them constantly and we played school almost weekly. By the time they started school they were reading, could write the entire alphabet out and numbers up to 50. If was a fun way to spend time with them at an early age. They all turned out to be great students.

If I can do it – why can't this current crop of teachers teach the basics?

7. Truesoldier__ on August 27th, 2012 3:44 pm

Well they first have to know how themselves and with the way the colleges are it is no surprise that the some of the new crop of teachers are less prepared than some of their students.

Add in the teachers unions and the district rules and requirements of all the extra crap they are requried to put out there and you can see why the school systems are failing.

Parents and grandparents are concerned about teaching our children/grandchildren the basics and how to think for themselves.

Public schools are more concerned with teaching the children what to think.

8. SignPainterGuy on August 27th, 2012 7:43 pm

So true ! And from MM`s responses to her hatemail, she has really thick skin and a great sense of humor !

9. Anne on August 28th, 2012 1:40 am

Absolutely! My school district just decided this year that we cannot have "negative" consequences, including no time-outs or "bad" notes in their daily folder. After all, these kids need to learn that there are no consequences in the real world! So today I taught in a classroom where a 6 year old called me a bitch for not allowing him to destroy my things. Brilliant. When I was little, that could have been enough to get you suspended. Now it's just another day of teaching.

10. SignPainterGuy on August 28th, 2012 1:55 am

Bless your heart, Anne ! A 6 yr old ?

It would be great if you could change your school district`s policies, but it`s more likely that you`d find a better district first.

My prayers for your safety and better situations !

11. Truesoldier__ on August 28th, 2012 2:37 pm

Back in my day that wouldn't have just led to a suspension, it would have led to a date with the paddle!

12. Truesoldier__ on August 28th, 2012 2:39 pm

You know it is bad when my wife's ultra liberal great uncle quit teaching because the kids were becoming so unruly and his hands were tied so he could not do anything without fear of a lawsuit.

Of course he blames it on anything but the liberalization he soooo believes in.

13. SignPainterGuy on August 28th, 2012 2:47 pm

Hmm, yep, first a paddling from the teacher and / or the Principal; then a meeting with my parents to decide if a suspension would be appropriate and THEN, another paddling and grounding.

14. SignPainterGuy on August 28th, 2012 2:50 pm

No, with liberalism, the cause is never the "cause". It`s the symptom / result that`s blamed !

15. jeffythequick on August 28th, 2012 11:29 pm

If I did that when I was 6, I'd still be looking for my face, as it probably would have been slapped into 2013 from 1975. And then, I'd spend the next 10 years getting the soap taste out of my mouth.