There’s probably a scarcity of hotel rooms at the Democrats’ convention because I heard that the DNC booked Bill Clinton an entire floor of rooms at the Hooters Grand Hotel to have all to himself — and some… friends. But the rooms that have been reserved for some of the media are apparently about as physically appealing as Henry Waxman.

John Fund of National Review:

I can’t speak for the delegates or ther foreign dignitaries, but many of the journalists I have spoken with here are appalled at the accommodations in Charlotte to which they were assigned by the DNC. National Review was assigned to two Knights Inn properties. Everyone who saw them fled immediately across state lines to an available Marriott in South Carolina rather than stay there.
[...]
It’s not as if the DNC couldn’t have figured out something was wrong with the properties. TripAdvisor had these recent comments on one of the Knights Inn properties: “wouldn’t recommend it to my worst enemy,” “scared to death,” and “pimps and prostitutes at night.”

Nor was National Review singled out. Staff members from Politico and the Hill abandoned their assigned hotels, too. Staffers from the Hill found refuge in a cheap Microtel and considered it a comparative oasis.

Tucker Carlson, editor of The Daily Caller, told me that the Quality Inn his staff was assigned to was “the worst hotel you can imagine.” TripAdvisor carried these recent reviews: “barely a Bates Motel,” “scary area and parking lot,” and “the worst.”

Come on, John… the DNC is just trying to help get the media better acquainted with their base.

As for the Daily Caller, I wouldn’t have expected the entity that employs Neil Munro to be offered five-star accommodations.

On top of all this, the rooms the DNC booked might be plagued by blood sucking insects. Oh, and there’s also a concern about bedbugs.

Comments

39 Responses to “DNC Books Dumpy Hotels for Media — Because Easy Access to Crack and Prostitutes is One of Our Most Fundamental Rights”

1. jeffythequick on September 4th, 2012 12:28 pm

I've stayed in some fleabag hotels in the past (one where I was woken by the police looking for "working women" on Orange Blossom Trail in Orlando, first time there…) but to have someone book one for me, and assign me to a hotel, well…

O/T: Apparently, the spelling bee bench on the D party runs deep…

2. Truesoldier__ on September 4th, 2012 12:33 pm

It would be interesting to find out the accomadations for those "journalists" from MSNBC/NBC, ABC, CBS and PBS…..

3. Marshall_Will on September 4th, 2012 12:41 pm

How about we just not cover their convention period? Dims don't get it. Or don't WANT to get it.

This is SO far past a call for "good natured ribbing" it isn't funny. We're trillions in debt WE in no way authorized, your administration is so scandal plagued it takes an ARMY of just-a-bloggers to stay on top of it and… you pull a little stunt like this! Like you were stealing the other team's mascot or something.

How pathetic. Trying to turn the last 4 years of Soft Coup (TM) into some jovial pranking. Stuff it @holes. Then try getting serious.

4. Truesoldier__ on September 4th, 2012 12:48 pm

Then again the Dems may just appreciate if no one covered their convention. That way no one would see all the bused in people filling what would have been empty seats, hear the shrill call of the feminazis or see the Carter video that is just one more reminder of whom Obama is most like when it comes to presidents.

5. dancermommd on September 4th, 2012 1:05 pm

Thank goodness you are back!! Hope you enjoyed your long weekend.

6. backwoodsconsr on September 4th, 2012 1:30 pm

Yeah, Doug's back. The good news is we get new posts to read. The bad news is we have to start behaving ourselves again. :)

7. Granny55 on September 4th, 2012 1:31 pm

I am not watching at all! I think I will continue canning my tomatoes and watch the jars cool off – way more fun and worth my time and effort. Why, yes, I did make that!!!

8. Marshall_Will on September 4th, 2012 1:33 pm

Lol, yeah maybe they can call on the Ray Nagin Memorial Motor Pool to provide the transpo?

It just infuriates me when someone that's taking a well-deserved azz-kicking resorts to "comic relief" like this as a means to draw attention away from said azz-kicking.

Not unlike the pRez's handlers response to Eastwood's empty chair "This seat is taken" schlock. As if there were some level playing field or equal footing in the marketplace of ideas?

9. Truesoldier__ on September 4th, 2012 1:49 pm

"Not unlike the pRez's handlers response to Eastwood's empty chair "This seat is taken" schlock."

Speaking of that, did you see what one union leader did in response to the Wastwood "chair"?

10. Truesoldier__ on September 4th, 2012 1:52 pm

Actually, putting up the media at hotels such as this seems quite fitting. Where else would you expect them to take their media whores?

Here is a question. With the Dems treating their lapdogs so poorly as to put them up in these dumps, do you think they media will finally wake up to the fact that they have been used?

11. jeffythequick on September 4th, 2012 1:54 pm

O/T: Time for the Democrat Spelling Bee championship (Celebrity Edition)!

12. jeffythequick on September 4th, 2012 1:54 pm

Great… the moderator thing is back…

13. jeffythequick on September 4th, 2012 1:55 pm

I used the word, Democrat, Spelling, and Bee (and had a link to Corey Booker…

14. jeffythequick on September 4th, 2012 1:56 pm

Demo and crat together seems to set it off…

I guess that is worse than the F word…

15. backwoodsconsr on September 4th, 2012 1:58 pm

It is, but an appalling number of people don't realize it.

16. jeffythequick on September 4th, 2012 2:02 pm

It was a witty observation about Corey Booker and the D spelling bee, celebrity edition:

17. jeffythequick on September 4th, 2012 2:03 pm

It was an attempt to link a prominent mayor in New Jersey and his spelling prowess…

18. jeffythequick on September 4th, 2012 2:03 pm
  19. jeffythequick on September 4th, 2012 2:04 pm

…but it's the Blaze link that's now setting it off.

20. Doug on September 4th, 2012 2:04 pm

Probably much better indeed. Word is that the Dems are providing Chris Matthews with a Hope-down pillow stuffed with locks of The Tinglebringer's hair.

21. Doug on September 4th, 2012 2:05 pm

Thanks so much, and yes, it was a fun weekend with the kids.

22. Doug on September 4th, 2012 2:07 pm

Yikes! Your approvals are now all up to speed! The filter is annoying but if I turn it off there are a dozen spam comments an hour. I'll stay on top if it from here on…

23. Marshall_Will on September 4th, 2012 2:15 pm

Think about it; the head of the AFSCME delivering fiery speechifying and beating on inanimate objects to hoops and hollers in support 'of'..?

A Budget that hasn't been passed in over 1,200 days? In support of continuing to operate on a Continuing Resolution? With no clear answer or PATH as to how their funding will uh… continue?

It just goes to show the ridiculous corner they've allowed themselves to be painted into.

24. Truesoldier__ on September 4th, 2012 2:17 pm

That is a cruel joke there Doug. If Matthews has a tingle inducing pillow he will never be able to get his needed beauty rest and will be even more cranky than usual.

25. Truesoldier__ on September 4th, 2012 2:19 pm

Of course the anger is simmering over due to having to be in a right to work state…..

26. Marshall_Will on September 4th, 2012 2:35 pm

I have many friends that work in the Federal system from the VA to full-timers down at the Guard base and our own daughter.

Supporting an O'Drama 'win' makes no sense to me? From a fiscal standpoint it's like praying that can of Fix-a-Flat that's been rolling around in your trunk the last decade still works?

Even if it did work, it's just as liable to blow up in your face as get you to the next off ramp.

27. SignPainterGuy on September 4th, 2012 2:36 pm

Before my Buddy`s biz took off, we stayed in LOTS of flea bag Mom n Pop motels. Oh, no thanks for the memories !

A Knight`s Inn was a regular stop in Peru, IN for a couple years until they finished the Best Western across the street. THAT was like a step up to the Ritz by comparison. It was then we learned from the etched-glass walls commemorating the Dem Training Center, oops, I mean, the Circus Clown College was nearby there. (Had to look on Google Earth for the town name – I see they`ve rebuilt and vastly upgraded the Knight`s Inn)

28. Marshall_Will on September 4th, 2012 3:03 pm

What I've learned is it's hard to go by the chain 'name' alone. We've stayed at supposed fleabags that turned out to be very adequate to quite nice. And we've stayed at some "high end" big names that turned out to be DIVES.

It's all a matter of local management. But when Dims specifically drop off Conservative pub's reporters in the worst part of town, intentionally?

Hey maybe we should ask Dims if these hotels have ADA Access and 24/7 lifesaver attendants?

29. archer on September 4th, 2012 3:03 pm

O/T

“Charlott-istan.”
    20,000 moslems invited to open the DNC with prayer. Wonder where they stayed.

Zero has turned his back on Israel, and therefore officially caused America to do the same, and yet the American Jews continue to shill for and support him

30. jeffythequick on September 4th, 2012 3:33 pm

You da man!

That's why I keep coming back here! The quick and personal service provided at no additional cost!

Hope you had a great weekend with the family!

31. jeffythequick on September 4th, 2012 3:36 pm

Where did that hair come from? His hair (on his head) is always nicely groomed.

I think I just self-ewwed…

32. SignPainterGuy on September 4th, 2012 3:44 pm

"….. a matter of local management." Absolutely and that extends to restaurant chains as well. My fave Holiday Inn Express was in Birmingham AL and the worst McDonalds was next door, BOTH because of mgt.

33. SignPainterGuy on September 4th, 2012 3:46 pm

My Nephew travels to Israel often. He told me they laugh at, hate and worry about what Obama will do next to stab them in the back !

34. Marshall_Will on September 4th, 2012 3:52 pm

The hospitality industry is rife w/ contradictions. If Mrs. Will and I find a place we really love and has great prices ( why would we give it a grand write-up on Trip Advisor etc? ) So they can jack up the prices?

I'll have to dredge up Doug's coverage of the round-the-clock "lifeguards" Crew Bammie planned on hiring. Seems funny 'now' but at the time plenty of M & P hotel operators were shaking in their boots.

35. SignPainterGuy on September 4th, 2012 11:34 pm

My local talk radio host is in Charlotte doing some reporting. Today his first guest was the organizer of the muslim jumah (Friday prayers) and was adamant that although the DNC DID include them on their website, the DNC and the Bureau of Indigenous Muslims (the group who put on the prayer service) are NOT connected, were NOT invited by the DNC; in fact, the BIM self-invited.

SO, according to this guy, we should ignore any reports or suspicion that the two are in any way connected or were invited by the DNC.

NO, I ain`t really buying the "total separation" either !

OH, the "20,000 muslims invited turned into something more like 300.

36. ChapBix on September 5th, 2012 1:40 am

I don't expect them to.

37. ChapBix on September 5th, 2012 1:42 am

I would think probably all of those suitcases were left behind rather than take them home with bed bugs.

38. hank freid on October 17th, 2012 5:29 am

Great… the moderator thing is bac

39. alvin on May 9th, 2013 5:23 pm

Actually, putting up the media at hotels such as this seems quite fitting graphic designers in long island