This was in my email in-box earlier today accompanied by a leaf of arugula to tide me over:

I know your life is full — with work, or school, or family — and yet you still find the time to help out when you can.

You may have a tight budget, but you give what you can afford.

That is the commitment that drives this campaign.

If you can support Barack with a donation today, please know it makes a huge difference. If we win, it will be because of what you did at moments like this:

Thanks,

Michelle

The “skip dinner and save our foundering campaign” approach is accompanied by the “pitch in and own a piece of this campaign” tactic — which is kind of like the White Star Line trying to sell stock in the Titanic after it hit the iceberg.

Comments

32 Responses to “FLOTUS Fundraising Email: How About You Lardasses Skip Dinner and Donate the Money to Barack’s Campaign?”

1. Truesoldier__ on September 5th, 2012 5:53 pm

"A woman recently told the campaign her family skipped a pizza dinner at their favorite place so that they could make a difference in this election."

Many a family have "skipped a pizza dinner" out of necessity due to the policies of your husband.

2. Truesoldier__ on September 5th, 2012 5:54 pm

Of course if Obama gets a second term Michelle has plenty of plans for everyones dinner plans:

3. backwoodsconsr on September 5th, 2012 6:03 pm

Amazing. This appears early in the article:

First Lady Michelle Obama said she wants to "impact the nature of food in grocery stores" with the aim of cutting sugar, fat and salt.

Followed later on by this:

"I work with a lot of young women—we have interns coming in and out, and this is always one of the first questions they ask—and the thing I try to remind them is that we have fought so hard for choice and options with our lives…"

She's all about choices just as long as everyone choose what she wants.

4. jeffythequick on September 5th, 2012 6:24 pm

I think our family will stick with the once/month thing we do:

We don't eat for two meals, and send what we would have spent on it to the church, so they can help feed those that need it.

It's good for all of us. We get to fast and pray to that God you took out of the Democratic platform, and the hungry get the food they need. Two blessings for one act.

I bet Mitt and Ann Romney do it too. It's called Fast Sunday in the LDS church.

5. jeffythequick on September 5th, 2012 6:30 pm

Hi! I'm <insert Democrat Name here>, and have I got a deal for you!

First, we asked you to put us on your registry, not as a person to buy you stuff, but to send money to, next, we offered to have you as a third wheel on our date, and now, we want you to starve yourself to keep Obama president.

He got gray hair, and Grecian Formula is difficult to come by, and we need to have your food and entertainment money to make Him win! Just think, when your neighbors are out of work in the next 4-12 years, you can tell them that you were first to go without! Think of the respect you'll have, knowing that you sacrificed first to make Obama the first post-Constitutional President!

Signed,

<a loyal D-lackey>

6. archer on September 5th, 2012 6:40 pm

Due to siphoned off campaign funds (like all other funds) Zero’s exit speech will be recorded – and blamed on Bush.

7. Marshall_Will on September 5th, 2012 6:51 pm

What a beautiful thing. Something I didn't know about LDS. It's great for the kids to see that level of tithing and sacrifice too. Since I work closely w/ the finance comm. ( it's more about… "the really great tax advantages of a charitable trust!" )

Or basically taking money away from heirs that have long benefitted from their parents thrift. We're all familiar w/ the Jew's concept of Shabbat and frankly as a Catholic, once a YEAR w/ Lent kinda' freaked me out? Once a WEEK?

Good for you and I'll leave it at that!

8. Marshall_Will on September 5th, 2012 6:56 pm

Amen brother. They're already paying X 2 + for their GAS so they can't afford the delivery -either- way.

Or is she talking DiGiorno's? Isn't this all kabuki anyway, to show the big donors they still have grassroots 'support'?

9. Marshall_Will on September 5th, 2012 7:00 pm

“Taps, when it’s played by a live, professional musician, is much better than having a machine play it,” Villanueva said Wednesday. “No matter how you think you can hold the instrument, it doesn’t really appear that you’re playing it.”

No, no it does NOT. But Bammie's all about the military right? What a j@rk.

10. Truesoldier__ on September 5th, 2012 7:11 pm

The last time I remember this happening where they used the "fake bugles" to play taps was when Clinton was in office (I was on one of the funeral details on a firing team for the 21 gun slaute for Ft Campbell, KY back in the early to mid 90's and that was a great honor to be able to do so at so many funerals).

What possibly could be the connection…….

11. jeffythequick on September 5th, 2012 7:12 pm

It's once a month (first Sunday of the month), and it's good teaching for them.

And thank you for the compliment at the beginning.

12. Truesoldier__ on September 5th, 2012 7:29 pm

Speaking of gas prices. I heard plenty of POed Obamabots today at the gas station yelling and screaming about the .10 hike at the pump today. They were complaining that the evil oil companies were raising the prices after Labor Day to try to make Obama look bad.

There was a fuel truck driver getting ready to unload. He heard them and told them Obama didn't need any help from the "rich fat cats" to look bad, all he needs is his EPA for that.

Of course it went right over their head, but I got a good laugh about it.

13. backwoodsconsr on September 5th, 2012 7:43 pm

Clinton is trying to help Obama. Perhaps he could give him some advice on how to have a successful presidency.

"First, you need a Republican Congress…"

14. Marshall_Will on September 5th, 2012 8:00 pm

Firstly, thanks! I have friends that do HG all the time and it ain't easy. Filled in a few times, that's it.

I think the bugler's point was that, as say a guitar player, I can spot a fake a MILE away. But guitar is a technical thing. Only guitar players can tell.

But anything in the brass or woodwind family requires lung power. It would take as much effort to FAKE it as it would to PLAY it. So why not just play it? Where are our priorities!?

15. Marshall_Will on September 5th, 2012 8:12 pm

Jeff,

Blogging is about learning. It's about sharing. I hope to KEEP learning about the LDS. It can only make me a better person.

After a bit of effort, we re-centered our tithing BACK around sacrifice vice CTC. ( Cut The CHECK ) mentality. Hey, I GET it. Everyone knocks on your office door and every time you're hoping it'll be the last you see of them.

What kind of world is that?

16. jeffythequick on September 5th, 2012 9:04 pm

Will,

I read your comment as "once a WEEK" referring to Fast Sunday, and I just wanted to be sure that you knew it was once/month, not a weekly thing (but my waistline could probably handle once/week…)

I'm with you on the tithing thing, but it's really a miracle how 90% of your check goes farther than 100%. I also believe it is the stuff of miracles, as Mrs. thequick was in Oregon at the Portland Temple, mentioned to one person that we were going to sell our house there, and we wound up selling it to them at a deal that was good for both of us. No real estate commission, just a good deal that was negotiated over the phone.

I will, to my dying day, give credit to God and tithing. Nothing else will convince me that it was a coincidence.

17. SignPainterGuy on September 5th, 2012 9:09 pm

Faking it is as hard as playing it …. Just like the dem`s lying. If they just told the truth, it would be so much easier to remember, the results would be better for all AND they`d garner a bit of respect at the same time. NOPE, gotta lie !!

18. Marshall_Will on September 5th, 2012 9:53 pm

Just as our struggling youngest ( married to a recent college grad in THIS job market! ) daughter rented what I refer to as "The Villa Nellcote" from one of our church members. At $800 bucks a month, the rent they pay covers their prop. taxes and… little else.

Even taking into consideration the current market, I can't see Nellcote selling for under $400k. They didn't even ask for the usual, first, last + sec. dep. Just take CARE of it like it was your own.

Often Mrs. Will sneaks our grand daughter a tithing envelope so they have something to offer. Absolutely, 90% goes a lot farther. Maybe someday I'll figure out the 'math' on that?

19. Marshall_Will on September 5th, 2012 9:58 pm

SPG,

Slowly ( I think they're figuring that out? ) RedDog posted a link to The American Thinker on Frank Marshall Davis yesterday and the LENGTHS they went to do cover their true intentions was an effort just to READ.

Of course knucklehead got his start in the 50's ( before HI was even a state ) but there's no longer any purpose for Dim's to declare anything than what they ARE. So-shuh-LISTS. There, I said it FOR them. How hard was that?

20. SignPainterGuy on September 6th, 2012 12:12 am

DOUG, the comments won`t come up on the next thread, Dems Adding GOD ….

I get the error 404 alert – page no longer exists. A brand new post and its comments "No Longer Exist" ? Now that`s just too weird !

21. backwoodsconsr on September 6th, 2012 12:14 am

Try not to boo when Doug puts it back in.

22. SignPainterGuy on September 6th, 2012 12:17 am

I promise I won`t ! ;-)

I`m in the cheering section !

23. SignPainterGuy on September 6th, 2012 1:44 pm

I can`t yet say the left has realized it`s "better" to tell the truth, it appears to me they`ve reached a point where they believe the truth won`t hurt them, they`re powerful and in control enough that all the contingencies are covered !

24. ChapBix on September 7th, 2012 8:13 pm

"That is the commitment that drives this campaign."

Or crap and insanity that drives the Obama campaign.

25. ChapBix on September 7th, 2012 8:16 pm

The Obamabots have been so deeply programmed inoculated that they are totally immune to fact, truth and logic.

26. ChapBix on September 7th, 2012 8:21 pm

Outside of divine intervention/blessing, good luck with figuring out the math on tithing and how we do better when we tithe.

27. ScubaDude on September 11th, 2012 10:15 am

I find it interesting that a conservative blogger would receive fundraising requests from the Democratic Party, but perhaps you subscribe to get a balanced view. That being said, I am subscribed and get a plethora of fundraising request from Obama's campaign and the Democratic Party, amongst other organizations. NOT ONCE have I received the letter above, and therefore, in my opinion, consider it a fraud. Also, this letter differs from another purported SIMILAR letter on another website, but they are not exactly the same. Amazing that a blanket e-mail somehow is different? Trust me, I've ran my own campaign, that this is a dead giveaway you're being hoodwinked by liars……I'm sure the one on THIS website will change to match….BUT I HAVE SCREEN SHOTS OF BOTH NOW…..LOL. And a friend of mine at Google has archived both as well…..LMAO.

We have enough real issues to debate let alone trying to resort to misinformation. How sad and pathetic this makes you look, and even worse if the readers don't demand the truth.

…..I'm even happier now to have left the GOP several years ago….

28. Michelle Malkin » Latest fundraising effort: National yard sale for Obama on September 15th, 2012 9:14 pm

[...] fundraising initiatives have included the Obama gift registry along with “skip a meal and send us the money instead.” Recognizing that their followers may have already given up [...]

29. Latest fundraising effort: National yard sale for Obama | Conservatives for America on September 15th, 2012 10:01 pm

30. Latest fundraising effort: National Yard Sale for Obama | Inspirations, dreams, humaniora on September 16th, 2012 9:01 am

31. Desperation "National Yard Sale For Obama" - HCS Snowmobile Forums on September 16th, 2012 9:56 am

[...] [...]

32. Save us Chuck Woolery - Saving American One Trillion Dollars at a Time. on September 16th, 2012 1:59 pm

[...] fundraising initiatives have included the Obama gift registry along with “skip a meal and send us the money instead.” Recognizing that their followers may have already given up new [...]