To me this comes across no different than Captain Smith coming out after the Titanic hit the iceberg and saying to the passengers, “new maritime protocol: everybody except the captain goes down with the ship — can I count you in?”

The guy who had a hand in adding $5 trillion to the national debt in less than four years — who called Bush “unpatriotic” for adding $4 trillion in eight years — now wants to be re-elected on a platform of “economic patriotism”?

(h/t Weasel Zippers)

Comments

35 Responses to “Obama Ad: A New Economic Patriotism”

1. Marshall_Will on September 27th, 2012 4:05 pm

Projection, ( running as a Republican ) glossing over the glaring failures of the most RECENT 4 years and more projection as he "doubles down on stupid" insulting us w/ more green boondogglery like we've never even HEARD of Solyndra? And of course another 100k 'teachers' and college fo' LIFE for those that find the real world scawy.

If you're big on not loosening up on Wall Street regulations ( why isn't Corzine in jail again? )

2. Granny55 on September 27th, 2012 4:09 pm

Economic Patriotism = I am gonna bleed you dry!!!

3. Marshall_Will on September 27th, 2012 4:20 pm

Ah… the Kiss Method, I see..?!

Wonder how some might feel as a suggestion for when President Romney takes office? Since most of us only grudgingly made "make do" purchases over the last 4 years, what about bringing all those band aid purchases we've made since Obama took office down to Goodwill and getting all NEW stuff!

Seriously. I'm not saying run out and get a new car ( on some sort of Cash 4 Clunkers sham ) or even run up credit! Just look around your house and garage and… donate it ( or smash it in the STREET for all I care? )

To be honest, anything I've purchased over the last 4 years didn't NEED any warranty 'longer' than 4 years. I mean, what would have been the point? It only needed to last until we were marched off to re-education camps anyway…

4. archer on September 27th, 2012 6:25 pm

Can there really be such a thing, at this point in time, as an undecided voter? If so, what is that person’s mental block to be undecided at this late date? Otherwise, who you talking too?

Re the video:

OK, in my living room.

Zero, it’s October before the November election and you finally have a plan?

Cut oil, AGAIN? Cut coal, AGAIN? Are the one million new jobs stated above going to be running on solar or wind energy? How does that work for industry? What’er you going to do for the millions put out of work by your cuts?

More teachers? The ones we have aren’t doing their jobs! You’d just be bolstering the picket lines! That’s your plan?

Reduce OUR deficit? You created it, now you talk about in the third person like it’s so important to fix what someone else broke. Are you admitting that it was a mistake? Are you admitting it didn’t work?

Let the middle class thrive? You mean by taking money from a majority of the upper class and giving it to the lower class and thereby reducing them to middle class status? How about getting the lower class off the dole and making them learn something and move them up be a productive part of the middle class? I have an idea, give them phones, that’ll move them up, right?

Or… here’s a better idea, your plan sounds like a call to VOTE FOR ROMNEY!

5. Granny55 on September 27th, 2012 6:34 pm

Heads Up: Said it wouldn't take long for Yahoo to try the political polls again!!!

Question: Would you support significant tax cuts?

58% Yes – the economy needs them
    42% No- we can't afford them

Yahoo just can't help themselves – we will see how long that type of poll sticks around when they are not getting the answers they want.

It says something about the presidential polls too – they are not to be believed. The LSM is doing every thing in their power to BUY this election for Ozero.

6. Truesoldier__ on September 27th, 2012 6:38 pm

This is more like a "patriotic Obama Economic" voter:

7. Truesoldier__ on September 27th, 2012 6:40 pm

Of course Obama's "plan" doen't tell you how he plans to do any of the things he claims he wants to do.

8. Marshall_Will on September 27th, 2012 6:50 pm

Zero, it’s October before the November election and you finally have a plan?

Did you mean, one he hasn't SPRUNG on us like a bear trap already? Could you believe the plug for alt. energy? Is this dude serious? Spot on w/ the teachers.

I would have thought of that, well IF I'd have thought of it? More Prog math, this way they'll all get plenty of me time -during- the school year.

9. Marshall_Will on September 27th, 2012 6:58 pm

Nope. Not.A.Clue

Just more stump-ready sound bites for the masses. Caught an OPB Special last night on "Getting Stuff Cleaner" and it must have been pre-Solyndra. NPR dutifully reporting "all the exciting 'possibilities' that are out there just WAITING to be discovered!"

Couldn't believe they'd have the brass to RUN it? Just shameful. Chevy Dolt, Fiskars ( offshore ) debacle. DOE rubber stamp loan default of the week? Helloooo?

10. SignPainterGuy on September 27th, 2012 7:00 pm

He can`t tell us what he really plans to do, he`d NEVER get elected, much less RE-elected ! He is just giving these grand, pie-in-the-sky ideas without details so the moron vote-dim-or-die voters can paint in whatever they want`a hear or see ! It worked great in `08 !

11. Marshall_Will on September 27th, 2012 7:10 pm

Probably in pre-production propaganda before they were providing Doug w/ a job saved/or created reporting insolvency filings?

12. Marshall_Will on September 27th, 2012 8:10 pm

"Cut the cost of college in HALF!"

Really? How SO mista' pRez? In terms PARENTS can understand!

Even if he could find 0% money ( with our Credit Downgrade ) and get every Dean in the country to take one for the team, the cost of everything from GAS to food to insurance to… _____ has done nothing but "necessarily skyrocket".

Sounds like the typical freshman "elevator pass" to me.

13. jeffythequick on September 27th, 2012 8:13 pm

He'll tell us the details on November 7th.

We have to elect him to find out what's in him.

…or not. We still haven't in the last 4 years.

14. Granny55 on September 27th, 2012 8:30 pm

Yeah like he is going to get all those college professors/union members to cut their salaries in half ????

15. jeffythequick on September 27th, 2012 9:18 pm

I'd like to see them paid what they're worth.

Luckily, I went to a technical school, and in the 9th trimester, we had to take a class called "Social Issues in Technology", and the teacher thought she was the most important part of our education, even more so than microprocessor programming, Differential Equations, and our senior projects (mine was a voice controlled R/C car).

She wanted a 5 page paper from us, each week (there are 12 weeks in a trimester), and we told her that it was much more than we could handle with interviews and such. She told us that these papers were mandatory, and sources would be checked. (not sure how, the Internet was not as popular in 1989 as it is today).

We went to the dean, and told him that we understood the purpose of the class, but having that much homework for that class would ensure that we all failed, as most of us had jobs as well.

In the next class, we were advised that "no one in this class will fail."

She wasn't as smug as she was on the first day of class, and we all enjoyed the class much more after that.

After graduation, the dean explained to us that he let her know how the money came from us, and if we didn't graduate, it would impact future students, and how that would impact her job. He said he was very persuasive, and he got his point across very clearly.

16. SignPainterGuy on September 27th, 2012 9:29 pm

Sounds like John F`n Kerry, who I`m sure y`all recall, (or is that you`ns ?) did in fact serve in Vietnam, said, "You have to elect me to find out what my plan is.", but after some prodding finally relented and spilled the beans; "I have a plan; and my plan is, I have a plan !" Now Lurch was a guy who had faith in the electorate not to get all bogged down in the details of his multi-point plan ! What`a guy !

17. SignPainterGuy on September 27th, 2012 10:21 pm

When I went to tech school for Drafting and Design, we used slide rules. The computers in the lab were the size of refrigerators and spit out 3" x 8 1/2" punch cards after WE programmed it and it took a 3" stack of those cards to perform quite simple tasks.

This little voice in my head told me not to take that slide rule thing too seriously, it`d be obsolete soon and besides, they weren`t extremely accurate. Sure enough, at the end of school, just before graduation in `73, Texas Instruments released a pocket calculator (the size of a large TV remote today) for $110. that would do most any calculations we could need at the time, just too late for our training. That same calculator today is 1/4 that size and costs you about $13.

18. jeffythequick on September 27th, 2012 10:33 pm

I got one of those for Christmas, I think in 1977.

Once I got in college, I became an HP calculator guy, with their reverse polish notation way of doing things.

19. jeffythequick on September 27th, 2012 10:36 pm

Well played Excellent use of strike-trough!

20. jeffythequick on September 27th, 2012 10:40 pm

Alex, I'll take Texas Sayings and Politicians for $1000:

What candidate in 2012 presidential politics is All hat and no cattle?

21. Granny55 on September 27th, 2012 11:16 pm

I work in the retail end of surveying and engineering services field and we have some old timers that still call every once in a while looking for the HP calculators. We just tell them go to Ebay and there is silence on the other end of the line.

22. Granny55 on September 27th, 2012 11:59 pm

Doug – If you get a chance I wish you would give our readers here insight into the Democrats way of doing things by following the Kwami Kilpatrick trial here in Michigan. I have read every transcript and deposition since day one and followed this because. we the taxpayers, here in Michigan have been forced to support Detroit, it's cronyism and corruption for years – and it is now coming to light just how much and how bad it is, was and how we are still paying for it.

23. Marshall_Will on September 28th, 2012 12:54 am

Yeah, uh, no probalo!

My point exactly. And now, the North American Progsnake ( known for its monochromatic turd brown colorings ) begins to consume itself. Half of Bammie's CABINET retreated to academia!

24. SignPainterGuy on September 28th, 2012 12:56 am

I have a feeling Blogoyevich had nothing on this Detroit bunch !

25. Marshall_Will on September 28th, 2012 12:58 am

What a memory! I'd completely forgotten about Jawn's original gaffes. It's not like we were cluelss back then, we knew BS when we stepped in it.

But the Right Blogosphere was NOWHERE near as ordely and consolidated as what you see today. They'd had from FL 2000 to rehearse their talking points. The minute blogs were up and running, they were almost -instantly- dominated by the professional left.

26. Marshall_Will on September 28th, 2012 1:01 am

Thanks to you! The vid link is purely for ref. purposes alone. I'd never ask anyone to sit thru that hogwash. Jay Leno can be a really great guy and he tries to explain to the NYT's "tech editor" much of what he's alluding to is no more than wishful thinking.

Then there's the other 59 minutes….

27. Marshall_Will on September 28th, 2012 1:09 am

"The defense tried to suggest that Carlita Kilpatrick offered to work for free.

Williams said that never happened.

"Her work was never for free," Williams testified, adding that Carlita Kilpatrick also stopped working on the project altogether at one point. "She never offered to come back and work until she knew that we had more money."

So… what's the PROBLEM!? Carlita Obama, Michelle Kilpatrick.., I'm so confused? Ahem, in Deep Blue states, never is there a worry in the world b/c your homies always got your back. I can SAY homies b/c in 97% WHITE Oregon we go thru the same almost PRIMAL cr@p.

Before anyone gets in a hussy, by primal I mean a State SO dominated by the presence of a Blue Citadel, all tribute flows one way.

28. SignPainterGuy on September 28th, 2012 1:23 am

It`s not that I remember a lot, it`s that I remember the durnedest things ! ;-)

Yep, our "just-a-bloggers" are on the ball and up to speed.

It`s just a shame the Tea Party has died and Romney can`t win after his "47%" gaffe ! / Heavy sarcasm

29. SignPainterGuy on September 28th, 2012 2:08 am

Jay is definitely the most interesting parts of this vid. I clicked ahead hunting his sections and yelled "IDIOT" at every mention of GoreBull Warming. The host apparently didn`t catch his own foibles, the plant he held taking in CO2 and giving off oxygen (why can`t the gw alarmists realize that`s the key) and the biofuel run engines giving off no "new" carbon. Some companies with vehicle fleets have been mandated to use a certain % of biofuels, but the required fuels aren`t available. No matter, the gooberment just fines the fleet owners anyway ! It`s all good !

Why is it illegal to shoot people when some of them so richly deserve it ?

30. blogc2011 on December 2nd, 2012 9:04 am

A million new manufacturing jobs? Why only one million? Why not two million or three and will they be American jobs? In America for Americans, let me clarify that, in the United States for U.S. citizens? Why not something to also put back to work the multi-millions you’ve put out of work and are now on food stamps and lost their houses, autos and all their other possessions? botox

31. blogc2011 on December 4th, 2012 5:27 pm

A million new manufacturing jobs? Why only one million? Why not two million or three and will they be American jobs? In America for Americans, let me clarify that, in the United States for U.S. citizens? Why not something to also put back to work the multi-millions you’ve put out of work and are now on food stamps and lost their houses, autos and all their other possessions? Tom Deluca

32. blogc2011 on December 6th, 2012 6:13 am

Present very insightful. Never thought it was so simple after all. I had spent a great deal of my time looking for someone to explain clearly to this topic and you are the one who has ever made. Kudos to you! Keep it up ..???????

33. mamun116 on December 16th, 2012 4:52 am

This is just the information I am finding everywhere me and my friend were arguing about an issue similar to this! Now I know that I was right thanks for the information of your post. I just subscribe your blog.Greenspoint Dental

34. blogc2011 on December 25th, 2012 6:26 pm

A million new manufacturing jobs? Why only one million? Why not two million or three and will they be American jobs? In America for Americans, let me clarify that, in the United States for U.S. citizens? Why not something to also put back to work the multi-millions you’ve put out of work and are now on food stamps and lost their houses, autos and all their other possessions? Power Ranch real estate

35. @orlandoroofleak on November 14th, 2013 12:31 pm

Roof repairOrlando Roof Leak Repair. Orlando Roofing Repair is urging homeowners to check their attic for signs of roof leak damage. The recent long stretch of intense rain has left many homes in need of a roof leak repair. Contact us on 407-925-7361 for a free roofing estimate today our prices on Orlando roof repairs will be less than you think Orlando roofer