At least that’s the spin at the top of this ESPN story about the regular NFL officials getting back to work as of Thursday evening:

The negative backlash from the Green Bay Packers’ loss to the Seattle Seahawks on “Monday Night Football” pressured the NFL into getting this deal done. With President Obama expressing his disappointment with the replacement officiating and poor officiating being the lead story of network news coverage, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell had to act — and he did.

Gutsy call. Chris Matthews will no doubt be fondling himself over this for the next several weeks. Obama is reported to be pleased, though I don’t know why — there’s now one less thing not related to the lousy domestic economy or the Middle East powder keg with which to try to distract voters.

Take an anti-nausea pill, because I expect a large chunk of the MSM (and select sports outlets) to run with the “Obama saves the NFL” angle all weekend. It beats talking about things that really matter.

(h/t Ace of Spades)

Comments

14 Responses to “Obama Saves the NFL!”

1. archer on September 28th, 2012 2:09 am

Come November the American people will show the result of their disappointment with Zero as a replacement president. If there’s any accuracy in this “disappointment” report then he knows how the world feels, and in particular the American people.

With each passing day he becomes more and more of a sad, inept, mental and emotional cripple who’s already acting like a pitiful excuse for lame duck president.

2. joyannaadams on September 28th, 2012 3:10 am

I heard the wierdest thing on Charlie Rose today. He was interviewing Tim Geithner and he bacially was sad because "Timmie" would not be staying on with the 'new' President. What?

I swear I heard him say that. Did anyone see that interview?

I'm sorry. Obama throws a baseball like a girl. I can't imagine him throwing a football, although we do know he likes his picture taken. He thinks he's EYE CANDY..So he killed bin Laden and saved the NFL. That means he qualifies to run a football team in Pakistan. He should go. Now. Soon. Before he loses the momentum.

Okay…uh…I'm speechless…but never surprised. Somebody help us! AHHHHHH

(Sorry Mr. Powers…can I scream here? )

3. Marshall_Will on September 28th, 2012 11:54 am

So stealing that! Which hey, I think he'd be great at it. No, I did NOT hear that audio clip. Let me do some digging. Timmy's not too swift on the updraft so I'm unsurprised he didn't catch it himself?

4. JetHeadJoe on September 28th, 2012 11:55 am

Additionally, Obama awarded the win to the Green Bay Packers by executive order, ruling the play an interception….oh wait…the Packers are still 1 – 2. Evidently the NFL didn't get that memo, either.

5. Marshall_Will on September 28th, 2012 12:01 pm

Many of MM's posters would readily assert, this election is the risk we took when none of the GOP had the b@lls to begin impeachment procedings. While there's no contesting your appraisal of His mental state, this squarely SQUARELY rests on the GOP's shoulders.

God forbid this fraud scams his way into a 2nd term, we need to replace each and every GOP Rep. in DC. Fight like HELL ( or start packin' )

6. backwoodsconsr on September 28th, 2012 12:07 pm

President Not For Long.

7. Truesoldier__ on September 28th, 2012 1:01 pm

I think he meant stay on if Obama is re-elected. This is something Timmy has been saying for awhile.

8. Truesoldier__ on September 28th, 2012 1:03 pm

Meanwhile, I see the the Prime Minister of the UK has found something better to do than take Obama's phone calls:

'Tell President Obama I'll call back, I'm playing tennis', David Cameron said

9. jeffythequick on September 28th, 2012 1:19 pm

So, let me get this straight…

Da preezy has Prime Minister Cameron on speed dial, calls him up and wants to shoot the breeze(y) with him, or what?

If the CEOs of companies behaved like this, the economy would be in a world of hurt, even more so than now.

At least have your people talk to his people and let them know that you'll be calling at 10am, and what you want to talk about, not just pick up the phone and say, "Hey Dave, wazzup?"

Something else tells me that the pResident thinking that he can just do this shows his arrogance… again.

10. archer on September 28th, 2012 1:23 pm

Another example of ineptitude and arrogance by Zero and staff to think they can go outside internationally accepted protocols and just pick up the phone to call another national leader and expect them to come running.

11. Marshall_Will on September 28th, 2012 1:30 pm

TS,

Well right, that's something bandied about for a coon's age. So we assume Charlie would have known. Perhaps Joyanna can weigh in again but it almost seems to imply that Obama is staging such a drastic 'makeover' "that if you vote for me again, I PROMISE I'll be that totally new and refreshingly HIP guy all over!"

Kind of like when bored couples play dress up and then pretend pick each other up at a bar or something? ( Where did you get that blonde WIG honey! ) 'Honey'? ( We're not supposed to 'know' each other, remember..? )

12. Marshall_Will on September 28th, 2012 2:33 pm

"He tweeted: “I’m guessing Obama wasn’t really on the phone & that’s just the pre-agreed ‘out’ the clerks always give Cam once a meeting has run an hour."

Must be a Brit thing. I read once the Stones got so tired of screening Mick's phone calls ( keeping GF's at a distance from one another ) they developed a code name for him. Brenda. Or in the Yank's case; O'Brenda.

13. Truesoldier__ on September 28th, 2012 3:18 pm

In another example of this arrogance. The US ambassador to the UN (Rice) is skipping Netanyahu speech to have lunch with Hillary, but the US Envoy sat through Ahmadinejad's speech.

And in the ineptitude departement, Romney now leads Obama on dealing with terrorism:

14. visit the site on November 15th, 2012 8:24 am

NFL was once the best league in America. For so many years they are facing real threat. They lose all their popularity. But it is good that Mr. American President saved NFL from degradation. A good act by Obama.