Paging the Goracle: Antarctica has broken the record for the greatest sea ice extent ever measured at either pole:

Here’s where it gets fun because we can play the same extrapolation game Gore always plays while getting a pass from the mainstream press: If the above trend continues the world will be completely covered in ice within mere decades. Everybody panic!

We won’t see this topic mentioned on Al’s Dirty Weather Report.

(h/t Steve Goddard and Climate Depot)

Comments

26 Responses to “Something for Al Gore to Completely Ignore”

1. SignPainterGuy on October 1st, 2012 1:20 pm

I find it fascinating that every year, the Goracle & Co. go into Thaw-Mongering Mode when summertime has its natural melting effect on the Arctic. This year there was extreme melting in the great UN-frozen North, while as you point out Doug, the Antarctic is experiencing winter and equally extreme freezing. I realize it`s easier to go to the frozen regions in summer when it`s warmer, but at least be honest and report THAT is the reason ice melts there. I expect too much.

2. backwoodsconsr on October 1st, 2012 1:40 pm

It sends shivers down my spine.

3. Joe Redfield on October 1st, 2012 2:15 pm

It's not that the entire globe will be covered in ice, it's that all of the ice will be at the South Pole, thus causing the Earth to tip over…or something.

4. Truesoldier__ on October 1st, 2012 2:35 pm

Better call Rep Hank Johnson of GA to call up the head of NOAH for a hearing on this issue ASAP!!

5. Truesoldier__ on October 1st, 2012 2:39 pm

Of course Doug there is an easy explanation for all of this. The penguins down in Antarctica have figured out "cold" fusion leading to endless clean, green renewable energy.

Now if I could just get a small government grant, say about $300 million, I could assemble a team of crack scientists (MW, SPG and myslef) and we could go study this phenomenom and report back. Of course we could not get any closer to Antarctica than say Brazil as we would not want our carbon footprint to disturb the natural work of the penguins.

6. backwoodsconsr on October 1st, 2012 2:45 pm

Cold fusion? So that's how penguins reproduce!

7. SignPainterGuy on October 1st, 2012 2:47 pm

Oooo, I like your thinking. Brazil would be plenty close enough; I have good binoculars and I really don`t like that much cold. Woo, chilly buurrrr ! ;-)

8. Truesoldier__ on October 1st, 2012 2:51 pm

Of course we would need someone to document the trip. I am sure we could convince the government to give Doug a million $ grant to do the job.

9. SignPainterGuy on October 1st, 2012 2:55 pm

Man, what a conundrum. How would you really KNOW that the Earth is upside down, or even just sideways ? With a round Earth, other planets and stars, how would we tell ? Would the ice flow to the Equator and melt ? Would AlBore order the Equator to shift in relation to the spinning Earth or stay put where it is now ? Would the Goracle fall off ?

SO many Questions !!

10. Truesoldier__ on October 1st, 2012 3:00 pm

Of course there is the other possibility. With the ice forming at the south and melting at the north it could cause the Earth to become unbalanced and spin out of orbit.

11. SignPainterGuy on October 1st, 2012 3:04 pm

With Doug`s "just-a-blogger" status, would he have the creds to document our vacay, er uh, scienterrific observations, would he be taken seriously (and us) or be viewed as a stand up comic ?

12. SignPainterGuy on October 1st, 2012 3:06 pm

I thought it was propulsion; those boogers are FAST in the water ! And have you seen them launch out of the water getting away from the leopard seals ? You did see "Happy Feet", right ?

13. Truesoldier__ on October 1st, 2012 3:10 pm

You forget that Doug has published works in some of the Michigan and National papers. I am sure that the folks at the GSA will be too busy planning their next party…uh I mean working retreat to Vegas to delve too deeply into the subject.

14. Truesoldier__ on October 1st, 2012 3:11 pm

Of course no one is sure which theory is correct. Why else do you think we need to get that grant and take the trip to find out for certain?

15. SignPainterGuy on October 1st, 2012 3:25 pm

Hmmm, yeah, we may have to charter a flyover for a closer look see !

16. SignPainterGuy on October 1st, 2012 3:30 pm

BONUS !!

I figure they will be laughing too hard score him accurately ……WAIT, "accurately ?"; THEM ? What was I thinking ?

17. SignPainterGuy on October 1st, 2012 3:33 pm

Hey, what part of Brazil are you thinking about ? Do I need to pack a Speedo and sunscreen or long pants and sleeves and bug spray ?

18. Truesoldier__ on October 1st, 2012 3:47 pm

Near Rio of course. We have to see the effects of global warming while we are there to incorporate it into the report…its all part of the grant process you know.

19. Truesoldier__ on October 1st, 2012 3:52 pm

True. We better add a million to the grant request…

20. SignPainterGuy on October 1st, 2012 3:53 pm

Well that stands to reason; if it`s "warming" you`re looking for, where better than where it`s always warm ?

Speedo it is ! ;-)

21. backwoodsconsr on October 1st, 2012 3:56 pm

You could also mention that, based on viewing the old Batman TV series, you suspect that Burgess Meredith may have been involved. You could request funding for some forensic experts to join you.

22. Truesoldier__ on October 1st, 2012 4:02 pm

So very true. Welcome aboard the expedition Backwoodsconsr, our new resident forensic expert.

23. backwoodsconsr on October 1st, 2012 4:08 pm

I'm old enough to not need forensics. I can claim to have witnessed it. But I also burnished my forensics credentials by watching several episodes of Quincy.

24. Truesoldier__ on October 1st, 2012 4:11 pm

Good enough for government accountability….

25. Marshall_Will on October 1st, 2012 4:59 pm

We should track down the Congress-critters that are the worst for "fact finding trips" and flood their office w/ faxes and email 'bills' for our trips. Seriously.

Can't speak for either Pole but I'm sure TS would agree, we are having the BEST fall in the Pac. NW for a long long time! While unquestionably fabulous, I've got to admit, it's def. got me screwed up.

We're supposed to be in the low 50's ( upper 40's..? ) with all day drizzle and copious amounts of fog by now! ( Suuuush ) Our's is a very different issue, the PDO ( Pacific Decadal Oscillation ) and unlike the Goracle, this is actually documented. Praise GOD we may be breaking out of the Wet Cycle of the phase that began in the mid-90's..!

26. Truesoldier__ on October 1st, 2012 6:20 pm

It has been down right beautiful for weeks. I have been enjoying it sooo much. I took the last half of last week off (being the end of the fiscal year there really wasn't much to do at work in the first place) and enjoyed the weather with the wife while the rugrats were at school.