Media bias is like watching flowers bloom or the construction of a building: It’s a lot more striking when viewed in a time-lapse.

Here’s ABS News’ completely unbiased correspondent George Stephanopoulos covering the last nine presidential debates. He only thinks the Democrat candidate emerged victorious in eight of them though. So let that one remaining debate Stephanopoulos gave to the Republican serve as a shining testament to Steph’s objectivity:

This takes a little pressure off President Obama tomorrow. Going in he knows that in the eyes of George Stephanopoulos there’s an 89 percent chance he’ll win the debate. For Chris Matthews and others that number goes up to 120 percent and then some.

Comments

41 Responses to “Gee, I Wonder Who George Stephanopoulos Will Think Won the Debate Tomorrow”

1. Truesoldier__ on October 2nd, 2012 2:12 pm

There is no reason at all to watch the post debate coverage of any of the debates. The MSM will claim the D's won every debate no matter what, including the Ryan/Biden debate. They will conclude that Biden was far superior to Ryan, while Ryan's performance was far below what was expected and that he may not be as smart as people have made him out to be.

2. SignPainterGuy on October 2nd, 2012 2:12 pm

I`ll take it as a sign that not everyone is getting the same memo; David Axelgrease said he expects Obama to lose the first debate "as incumbents often do" !

I do have to keep in mind the difference between policy-makers and opinion shapers.

3. Marshall_Will on October 2nd, 2012 2:15 pm

Dovetails nicely w/ Obama's faux 'heritage' to Chicago. Announcer Jack Brickhouse called the games for the Cubs for 40 years, with the same brazen lack of objectivity George calls debates.

When your team fails to deliver a championship ion after ion ( the LAST thing you'd want to do is have an honest appraisal of the team they are putting on the field! ) Better to keep up the hopelessly slanted happy talk, close your eyes and hope for the best.

For non-Chicagolanders, it was Brickhouse's unabashed jock-sniffing that turned ChiSox fans into Cub haterz. Not the Cubbies themselves.

4. SignPainterGuy on October 2nd, 2012 2:17 pm

During the R pres. debates, I listened while reading and commenting at 3 different blogs. Whew ! The post-debate summaries and analysis stayed on only because I was too busy to turn it off; I did catch a wee bit of the nonsense. Any more than that would have caused a gasket break ! No thanks !

With all 4 moderators libs, I expect lots of shenanigans.

5. Marshall_Will on October 2nd, 2012 2:35 pm

Sure, why not! The night of the 3rd debate they'll pass out brooms for the audience to wave for the "clean sweep!" Not nearly so concerned w/ obvious LSM bias though as I am w/ Conservative media's ongoing LOVE affair w/ Obama.

Fluff out a book, it SELLS! Start a spin off website? A million hits! We have to be honest here; if Bush-bashing graduated from a cottage industry into a SECTOR of the economy, the same has been true for us. If I hear (1) more Fox commentator giddily GUSHING about how "Mitt -has- to do well in the debates" wearing an evil smirk I'll put one TV on MSNBC, the other on Fox and throw them into each other!

6. Truesoldier__ on October 2nd, 2012 2:41 pm

Politically, it makes sense for Axelgrease to say this. If Obama looses, they can say no harm done to the candidate as it was expected. If Obama wins, they can say he outperformed expectations.

7. Truesoldier__ on October 2nd, 2012 2:42 pm

No kidding. The so-called Conservative media pundits really need to get outside the beltway and actually see America or they need to strip away the pretense and call themselves liberals.

8. Marshall_Will on October 2nd, 2012 2:53 pm

It's laziness. P'BO makes for the perfect Lib-villain so why not throw up just enough momentum stealing UNCERTAINTY and keep him around for another four book deals?

I mean four YEARS! I meant four 'years'. NO! That's not what I meant at all!? I'm a 'conservative' and stand for all things conservative so… we've got to make sure we keep reporting the malfeasance so he doesn't get a 2nd term!

Yeah, like the Harlem Globetrotters wouldn't miss the Washington Generals…

9. SignPainterGuy on October 2nd, 2012 2:53 pm

Perzackly !

I DO however see this as one of Axelcrud`s more honest moments; I think he really expects Zero to lose the debate and likely, the election !

10. SignPainterGuy on October 2nd, 2012 2:55 pm

Here Here ! Hear here ! Hear hear ! (One of`em`s gotta be right !) ;-)

11. backwoodsconsr on October 2nd, 2012 2:58 pm

Do you mean that with all those ions they couldn't mount a charge?

12. backwoodsconsr on October 2nd, 2012 2:59 pm

I see it as another opportunity for them to use the word "unexpected".

13. Truesoldier__ on October 2nd, 2012 2:59 pm

I guess we will know if we start hearing insider reports from the Obama campaign hq saying that they are going through a a whole butt load of paper……printing their resumes.

14. Truesoldier__ on October 2nd, 2012 3:01 pm

Yep. Of course they are missing the big picture. They may end up being able to make a lot of money off of book deals on books that are critical of Romney in an attempt to keep him "on track".

15. Marshall_Will on October 2nd, 2012 3:11 pm

Which undoubtedly would provide every bit the rainmaker!

The other tangent is, picking apart O'Drama piece by scummy piece is so damned much fun! Hell, we all haunt the Cons. blogs day after day. It's such easy pickens.

There must be a sense that a 2nd ( severely censured ) 4 year lame duck can't e'f the country up much worse than already has and… I just ran out and bought this ridiculous 2nd home?

I've paid my dues, is this asking so MUCH?

16. Truesoldier__ on October 2nd, 2012 3:11 pm

With how often everyting is "unexpected" to these folks we could all hire ourselves out as psychic's and predict the future for them.

17. Truesoldier__ on October 2nd, 2012 3:22 pm

Of course they are assuming that the fiats would actually stop in a second term, in reality they would more likely increase and would include censuring the dissenting voices ala NoKo media standards.

18. Marshall_Will on October 2nd, 2012 3:38 pm

TS,

Everyone figures they can centrally manage everything these days. Greenspan figured he could tweak and fine tune the economy by manipulating int. rates and the money supply.

Obama figures he can make the Misery Index DANCE, affording him the most PLIABLE citizens in U.S history.

Why wouldn't Conservative Media figure they can keep him in check while maximizing Ratings to the 10th of a percentage point? We are all Maestros..! Right up until it blows up in someone else's face.

19. Truesoldier__ on October 2nd, 2012 3:39 pm

So very true.

20. Marshall_Will on October 2nd, 2012 3:47 pm

Well, clearly I'm frustrated here but it's almost as if Mitt got the nod last week and they're just now learning about him?

Then there's this big set up JOB where they place all this pressure on his shoulders that if he -doesn't- hit on everything each and every commentator sees as "The" deathcard..?

Well then! All bets are off!? They're actually worried he might win.

21. Truesoldier__ on October 2nd, 2012 3:55 pm

And that might be part of the fun. When Romney wins the election it wont just be the lefty media's heads exploding.

22. Marshall_Will on October 2nd, 2012 4:11 pm

Good friend is a lifelong Cubs fan. I once asked him what he would do with himself if they ever WON? He said; "We could always claim that they cheated!"

Haven't we wallowed in enough self inflicted misery? You see this whenever the World Series begins to look like it's boiling down to two cornbelt teams. If exec's had their way *every* series would be NY vs. LA.

When the odds-makers are bigger than the game.

23. jeffythequick on October 2nd, 2012 4:50 pm

Like I said before,

Unexpected is the new expected.

24. jeffythequick on October 2nd, 2012 4:51 pm

Opening statements:

Obama: I am not a good debater. I won! The debate is over.

25. Marshall_Will on October 2nd, 2012 5:08 pm

That approach has worked so far? Wanna' see my sun-glistened pec's?

I see nothing but Advantage Romney as far as they eye can see. Blaming Boosh in 15 to 90 sec. soundbites can be effective ( for awhile ) but 2 HOURS worth..?

Obama doesn't understand the first thing about the financial crisis. Other than he should not let a good one go to waste. Every time the economy comes up and he does the knee-jerk thing he's going to get slammed.

He'll also wear on viewer's PATIENCE when he goes to the well time and again to blather on about how "You're advocating the same de-regulation that got us into this mess in the first place!" ( After the 3rd or 4th time he'll wonder who turned off the applause sign? )

26. backwoodsconsr on October 2nd, 2012 5:09 pm

I hear he's a master debater. I wonder if Moochelle knows it.

27. Patti on October 2nd, 2012 5:16 pm

I try to avoid watching Sawyer and / or Snufagufalus, if at all possible…. for obvious reasons. Lol

Chicago Ground Report: Urban Outfitters pretending that no election is happening.

" If you walk into an Urban Outfitters in October 2012 you'd almost not even know an election was happening. But, in 2008 walking into one was like stepping into an Obama shrine. The Ministry of Truth that is the American media does not want you to know this. Nothing to see here! "

Read more http://hillbuzz.org/chicago-ground-report-urban-o

28. Truesoldier__ on October 2nd, 2012 5:21 pm

Of course Obama thinks the whole thing is a drag:

President Obama played some hookey from his intense debate preparation early this week in Las Vegas, visiting a campaign field office in nearby Henderson and chatting with volunteers for his re-election effort.

"It's very nice. Although basically they're keeping me indoors all the time. It's a drag. They're making me do my homework," Obama joked with volunteer Andrea Stinger.

In otherwords, he is pissed that he doesn't get to work on his golf game, because some upstart GOP type dares to question his right to be President.

29. Truesoldier__ on October 2nd, 2012 5:22 pm

Probably doesn't care as it means she wouldn't have to take part in it.

30. Marshall_Will on October 2nd, 2012 5:42 pm

"his intense debate preparation"

Pffftt..! Guffaw… All he's ever been interested in were surefire, slam dunk sound bites that lead to high fives & fistbumps. The rest of that white paper BS is for staffers.

Mitt will bludgeon him on the facts. Obama will cower temporarily and then attempt to come out swinging in his typical big picture swagger. Mostly his handlers are telling him;

"Forget everything you've been told from your own media on this guy. He can hurt you, he can END it. Stay AWAY from him and for godsake, don't go toe to toe with him. You're not there! Smile and wave a lot".

31. Truesoldier__ on October 2nd, 2012 5:48 pm

And change the subject to the war on women and Mediscare at every opportunity…Oh and don't forget to mention how you killed OBL as often as possible.

32. Marshall_Will on October 2nd, 2012 6:06 pm

Patti,

Great Ground Report. Very int. Urban Outfitters didn't even appear to HAVE a 2012 Bamster tee-shirt design! Coming from So Blue It Hurts 'Oregon' I've been giving people anecdotes like this for the last two YEARS!

We especially notice this in our own relatives etc. 4 years ago they couldn't ram politics down your THROAT fast enough! ( Now it seems to have, just slipped…. their mind? ) Hmm….

33. Marshall_Will on October 2nd, 2012 6:43 pm

Yes yes, can't forget the WoW.

Mitt needs to respond to that GM is alive and OBL is DEAD by saying ( Yes, he IS dead, along w/ our Constitution, Rule of Law… )

34. jeffythequick on October 2nd, 2012 7:22 pm

The worst thing that you ever want to do in preparation for a battle is to underestimate your opponent.

Prepare for anything, and when the unexpected comes up, be deft enough to use your opponent's momentum to throw them to the ground, and then kick them. The thing I never understood in fighting is "never kick them when they're down." I argue, that is the best time to kick them.

Then, if Mr. Romney wins the first debate, continue to win in the second one. Voting will have already begun in several states, and by the third debate, voting will have begun in half of the US states. The time to win is now, and not regroup.

Remember, that in election politics, all ties (or near ties) go to the Democrats. Just as Gregoire and Franken. The time for celebrating is on November 7. Anything prior is foolish, and only opens us up to a fall.

35. jeffythequick on October 2nd, 2012 7:24 pm

Interesting note:

Oregon has moved from "Safe Obama" to "Likely Obama" in the Rasmussen poll…

I know, the odds are about a billion:1 that Oregon goes Romney, but let's "keep hope alive!"

36. SignPainterGuy on October 2nd, 2012 7:39 pm

I threatened last week to set up across the Interstate from the A`vl Airport to get pix of AF-2 and the transport plane(s). Well, I pulled it off, just too late to see the 3 planes land. I did get shots of the motorcade and a bazillion cops and the Highway Patrol Heddiwhopper buzzing around.

BiteMe was at UNC-Asheville and jabbered nonsensically for nearly 45 minutes. It was broadcast on the local talk station, so I figured I could stand it, but I`m paying the price; I know I lost 30 IQ points. The numbers and already-debunked "facts" that doofus throws out and the crowd cheered at EVERYTHING out of his mouth.

After the motorcade passed, I drove into the north end of the airport where the private / smaller aviation cos are and was able to get pix of AF-2 (Boeing 757) and TWO (2) C-130s. ( The pRes. showed up 2 yrs ago in a Boeing 757 and ONE C-17) The Airport Police checked me out right away, but were very nice and accommodating.

They`re reporting on the radio now about road closings while Sheriff Joe heads back to the airport. As the local talk show host just said, "Biden came, he rambled, he`s on the way out !" Heh, GOOD RIDDANCE !!

It`s good to be home !

37. SignPainterGuy on October 2nd, 2012 7:45 pm

Biden was in town today, spoke at a local university. He said, "If we win NC, we WIN !" Well, NC IS a battleground state, but you NEVER hear them say, "If we LOSE NC, we LOSE !" Just Joe bein` Joe ! (gag me !)

38. jeffythequick on October 2nd, 2012 11:35 pm

So, what you're saying was his speech was 20 minutes?

39. SignPainterGuy on October 2nd, 2012 11:48 pm

No (I do get your point), it was nearly 45 minutes of feeling my brain draining out my ears from the Crazy Uncle Joe lies and declarations of ,"I`m serious", "No joke", "Literally", "You can`t make this stuff up" (though it`s obvious he or more likely a crappy-speech writer makes it up). I think he actually believes the Keynesian / Cloward n Piven, socia- l-ist drivel he spe, rambles on about. The man was ALL over the place. And the audience bought it all !!

Heat up the deep fryer, the fish have been caught !

40. jeffythequick on October 4th, 2012 1:42 am

So, did Stephie call it for Obama tonight?

41. SignPainterGuy on October 4th, 2012 4:18 pm

Steponallofus said he didn`t see "any" knockouts. Did he not see the same debate WE watched ? Stephanawfulus should have switched on Closed Captioning; he wasn`t listening.