All of the Obama surrogate “arguments” for why we should vote for their guy are predicated on those listening being stupid enough to believe Obama isn’t the incumbent. Sadly, that approach works far too often. They pretend things have been done Mitt’s way and only voting for Obama will keep it from getting worse (can it get worse than being “buried”?).

Here’s Bill Clinton in New Hampshire today, essentially telling people they shouldn’t vote for Mitt Romney because median family incomes are falling. Huh? People would love to make more money but they haven’t been able to because there’s a chance Mitt Romney might be president someday? In a fully attentive country with average IQ’s higher than Michael Moore’s hat size, Obama would be down about 30 points down right now, especially with this kind of “help”:

(h/t Jim Treacher)

Comments

19 Responses to “Bill Clinton: People would love it if family incomes weren’t falling, so… vote for Obama”

1. sizemorew on October 3rd, 2012 6:00 pm

For anyone who's ever asked "How dumb do they think we are?", this video should provide an answer.

2. Truesoldier__ on October 3rd, 2012 6:00 pm

"It’s even more baffling when you consider Bill Clinton is the guy who is alleged to be Obama’s greatest asset in this election. All he seems to do is make arguments as to why people should try voting for the other guy."

Clinton wants to make sure there is still a country for Hillary to run for President in during the 2016 election timeframe.

3. sizemorew on October 3rd, 2012 6:05 pm

Assuming her "how could they do this to us?"-esque remarks after September 11th's embassy attacks didn't totally disqualify her in voters' eyes.

4. SignPainterGuy on October 3rd, 2012 6:07 pm

Two different people on radio today asked, "Who are these guys (Bill and Joe) campaigning for again ?" One was a clip of Jay Leno asking it about Joe.

5. Truesoldier__ on October 3rd, 2012 6:07 pm

They are counting on the voter's having a short memory. Sadly, they may be right.

6. Truesoldier__ on October 3rd, 2012 6:52 pm

When it comes to Joe I am not certain that even he knows the answer to that one.

7. Marshall_Will on October 3rd, 2012 7:42 pm

Hey dear! Long time no see, good to have you back.

Bammie has been pretending he isn't the pResident for, well as long as he's been pResident! At least since 2010 when he took a severe BEATDOWN.

Truesoldier offers it in jest but like all good comedy, there's an element of truth to what he says about there even BEING a country to run in. I can assure you, coming from the standpoint of a financial planner, Bubba is NOT in any way 'helping' here.

His carefully coded and crafted words tell Dim voterz, "My wife can't run at the moment, but if you vote Mitt… ( let's all go back to 1995? ) I PROMISE you can be Hillary's loyal subjects come 2016!" It's another way of saying; "who wants a re-set!?"

8. Marshall_Will on October 3rd, 2012 7:44 pm

SPG,

Can anyone PLEASE tell me Jay's punchline from yesterday? Mrs. Will trampled all over it and… I didn't want to make issue of it? TIA

9. SignPainterGuy on October 3rd, 2012 9:29 pm

It was basically, recited the "middle class has been buried …." line, then he asked, "Tell me again, who is Biden campaigning for ? I forget."

I had to wonder if he caught any grief from dear uber-lib wife when he got home ?!

10. SignPainterGuy on October 3rd, 2012 9:39 pm

IF Obama were to win re-election and we fail to take the senate majority this election and again in 2014, I fear there may not be much more leftward lurching for Shrillary to take the country in 2016.

11. Marshall_Will on October 3rd, 2012 11:07 pm

Live blogging the debate?

We're not 10 seconds IN to this and we're getting schmoozy feelgood rambling…

Yes DUDE, we know your WIFE'S freaking name already..! Nice PLUG for FLOTUS tho'? What was the question again?

12. Marshall_Will on October 3rd, 2012 11:13 pm

Oh Yea-Uh! Mitt went there! The 'B' word….

Buried! The Middle Class is buried. He went there.

13. SignPainterGuy on October 4th, 2012 1:01 am

Anyone who watched debate #1 – any doubts now about Romney`s capabilities to take it to Barry AND the moderator ?

14. Marshall_Will on October 4th, 2012 2:49 am

Not (1) post debate comment about Leher's.. fairly even handed approach to the evening! Loved Mitt's line about "Sorry Jim, I love PBS ( but I'll have to cut your funding OFF )" btw.

I'm thinking there was some betrayal going on. That was the source of O'Drama's, well drama. As a parent, supervisor, spouse, you can really KILL your opponent's momentum simply by clearing your throat, cutting them off at the knees or otherwise breaking their momentum.

In fact we see it every day. If there was a pre-arranged agreement between the Democratic Media Complex and Obama, it was BROKEN. Hence the "see me after class" glare. Believe me, heads will ROLL after tonight. What am I saying, they already HAVE.

15. jeffythequick on October 4th, 2012 2:58 am

I think the word we're looking for is PWND.

Now, what Romney needs to do is keep doing it. The time to rest is in 34 days, and not one moment before.

The best time to kick a man is when he's down.

16. SignPainterGuy on October 4th, 2012 3:03 am

Weasel Zippers had great open threads for the R pres. candidate debates and continued tonite; over 1,550 comments. You need to register with Disqus.

Others and I pointed out that Jim was hard on Mitt for running over, but Mitt didn`t take it, went on. Finally, Jim started controlling Barry, but even HE didn`t take it. Jim AND Barry got their butts handed to them.

Dennis Miller (tweeted ?): Obama better hope a "kicked ass" is covered by Obamacare" !

Some noted it appeared that Zero gave facial signals to Lehrer, but Lehrer missed them or was inept or uncaring about giving him any help / rescue !

17. Granny55 on October 4th, 2012 11:02 am

Priceless!!!! Howard Fineman is blaming OZero's poor performance on Lerher!!!! The liberal press – eating their own!!!

18. SignPainterGuy on October 4th, 2012 2:40 pm

The Goracle says it was because of the altitude; Obama arrived at Denver too late for his brain to become accustomed to 5,000' ….. Hmmm ?

19. sizemorew on October 10th, 2012 12:35 pm

Good to be back! I keep running into issues with the website. I use Google Chrome because it's easier to do web development on it than Firefox though if it keeps giving me grief, I'll give it the finger and go back to Firefox.

Hear, hear!