When I saw the full video of Barack Obama speaking to a predominantly black audience in 2007, I remembered the word of Howard Fineman wrote shortly after the inauguration of The One in 2009: “In place of a generation’s worth of individualistic thinking, Obama brings a renewed commitment to another facet of our history: our belief in the ideal of unity, common purpose and community.”

That Fineman is one seriously funny guy.

Last night Sean Hannity featured a side-by-side comparison of Barack Obama. People like Howard Fineman talk up the Obama on the right while pretending the Obama on the left doesn’t exist. They have to — otherwise he never would have been elected president (video by way of Weasel Zippers):

Predictably, the Obama campaign is claiming this video is a desperate attack on the part of the Republicans. It is pretty underhanded of the GOP to go back to 2007 and make Obama say all those racially divisive things. Apologize, Republicans!

As a refresher, listen to the man Obama affectionately referred to as “my pastor” here.

Update: The Looking Spoon on the difference between the “secret” Romney tape and the “secret” Obama tape:

obama_and_romney_tapes

Comments

17 Responses to “Obama vs. Obama”

1. Truesoldier__ on October 3rd, 2012 3:30 pm

"It is pretty underhanded of the GOP to go back to 2007 and make Obama say all those racially divisive things."

Yet the Obama campaign (via the MSM arm of the campaign) can go back to Romney's prep school days and report on a bully incident that looks like it may not have even happened.

2. Truesoldier__ on October 3rd, 2012 3:31 pm

Of course my favorite defense I have heard of this is that CNN covered it back in 2007. Of course CNN showed a heavily edited version of the video, you know one without the shout out to Rev Wright and all the race baiting.

3. Marshall_Will on October 3rd, 2012 4:18 pm

How about a t-shirt that says:

"I am absolutely not going off-script here?" That way Mitt can kill two Disinformation Birds with (1 ) Hanes?

I don't know about YOU guys but I'm feeling like TONS better now that we've weathered the worst of the sure to surface mini-bounce that engorged the LSM like an explosion at an ED pill factory.

And I mean in the men's room, the LADIES room, the parking lot, under tables and finally, a Crisco-laden grope-fest right on the production floor! Ewwww, disgusting. We've broken their faux 'momentum'.

4. Truesoldier__ on October 3rd, 2012 4:21 pm

Very similiar to what happened to Carter in the 1980 election….Yet one more comparison to that election can't hurt.

5. Marshall_Will on October 3rd, 2012 5:23 pm

Not that you mention it I DO recall a certain vague sense of dread there'd be a 2nd term no..?

As per usual, there's a dual msg. in Doug's approach. Obama really IS running against Obama. And this is why we heard so many criticisms of Mitt lately. "It's almost as if he's inconsequential!?!&@$#>?"

Newsflash; when played out against the incoherent, ego maniacal RANTINGS of a madman going over the edge, who were we supposed to run? Hulk Hogan!

6. SignPainterGuy on October 3rd, 2012 5:59 pm

"Apologize, Republicans !" Stephanie Cutter DID demand that Romney apologize for making the Daily Caller play their un-edited version of the vid. Heard it on Rush.

You just can`t make this stuff up, or as Rush pits it, "even when I`m joking, the dems do it !"

7. TheLiberalMedia on October 3rd, 2012 6:14 pm

It's not a defense, imbecile. It is pointing out that the FOX EXCLUSIVE bombshell has been available for 5 years to anyone who wants to see it.__The "bombshell" is nothing. He says nothing in this tape that George Bush didn't say.

8. TheLiberalMedia on October 3rd, 2012 6:15 pm

The fact that you listen to "Rush", he of the drug addiction and multiple marriages, tells me all I need to know about you. (that means I think you are stupid).

9. Marshall_Will on October 3rd, 2012 6:21 pm

Or…

This is a waking nightmare spinning out of control! I can't DEAL with it any more!? PLEASE make that vid on the left disappear.., please? You can kiss my @$$ in the county square cuzz' I am buggin' OUT man. I just wanted to learn how to COOK? I just wanted to learn how to cook…

( Jay Carney voiceover ) Stephanie Cutter was wrapped too tight for DC. PROBABLY wrapped to tight for Raynham, Massachusetts..?

10. Marshall_Will on October 3rd, 2012 6:41 pm

Firstly, IMBECILE…

Tucker CARLSON at the Daily Caller broke the [heavily edited] vid. I'm sorry, none of us seem to recall Boosh making comments remotely of this nature nor is there a RECORD public OR private.

If it's not a BOMBSHELL ( then WhyTF did TheLiberalMedia deem it so necessary to expunge whole portions from public view? ) Your Messiah's past is finally catching up w/ him. Dipw@d.

11. Truesoldier__ on October 3rd, 2012 7:27 pm

Looks like the whole thing has hit a nerve with teh left. CNN showd a heavily edited version of the video (hence Doug poitning out that this is the FULL video). You calim it has been available all this time, fine then post a link to one site dated 5 years ago that has the FULL version of the video. You cannot do it.

The left is just pissed, because this video shows the blantant race baiting and utter contempt that Obama has for a good portion of America.

12. Truesoldier__ on October 3rd, 2012 7:38 pm

Your showing up the way you did with your bowels in an uproar tells me all I need to know about how badly your side fears how badly this could hurt your chosen Mesiah.

13. jeffythequick on October 3rd, 2012 7:54 pm

Well, the MSM said it did happen, and Romney and the family that the guy belonged to said it didn't, therefore, everyone involve, including the alleged victim's family is saying it didn't, so therefore, we need to investigate further, and answer these questions:

Why is Mitt Romney denying this?
    Did Mitt Romney drink Mountain Dew on the day of the alleged attack?
    Why is the family of the hair cuttee terrified of Mitt Romney, so they lie?
    Is the family on Mitt Romney's tax returns?
    Does the family know the man whose wife was killed by Mitt Romney?

Until we get to the bottom of this on our November 7 special, questions will linger about Mitt Romney and his Satanic vision for America.

14. Truesoldier__ on October 3rd, 2012 8:03 pm

You forgot one….the incident that may not have happened was all Bush's fault in the first place.

15. SignPainterGuy on October 3rd, 2012 10:11 pm

Well, looky here ! It`s the spineless, brainless jell fish showing us his new trick, imitating a buzzing green fly !

I don`t believe the Liberal Media OR TheLiberalMedia !

16. Anne on October 3rd, 2012 11:08 pm

Off topic, but is it just me, or does BO seem to have more of that "southern" type drawl in the old video? Like not pronouncing his y's in "everybody." It seems to have disappeared in the new video (and all other speeches unless he is putting on a character for a certain group).

17. SignPainterGuy on October 4th, 2012 12:55 am

Character for sure; Barry is a phony of the first order !