The lead story on Drudge outlines the strategy:

biden2

They don’t say which participant will be playing the part of the dope, but I have my suspicions.

Obama said that to win tonight “Joe just needs to be Joe,” but if Biden takes debate advice from his boss he’s dumber than I thought.

While we wait, for your viewing pleasure, here’s Obama deputy campaign manager Stephanie Cutter practically being laughed off the air on MSNBC’s Morning Joe after insisting the Obama campaign isn’t bleeding after The One’s debate debacle while insisting Plugs will do great tonight:

Comments

22 Responses to “Ryan/Biden Debate Tailgate Party: The Mathmeister vs. Gaffeshyster”

1. archer on October 11th, 2012 4:23 pm

"You ever see me rope-a-dope?"

Are you saying that you’re pretty good at it?

Here’s something I’ve never seen:
    I’ve never seen you “Vice President” anything.

Anyone watching you over the last four years has got to be asking themselves:
    What is the office of Vice President for? Aren’t there any responsibilities that come with the office? Isn’t he supposed to do something for his salary, if so, what?

2. Marshall_Will on October 11th, 2012 4:57 pm

archer,

The last four years have been all about "redefining" whatever the American people thought about trad. roles. Dutiful journo-tools paved the way by describing Cheney and Bush as "co-Presidents".

It's really what allowed for Sheriff Joe to just be Sheriff Joe and preside over the Porkulus handouts. I recall cringing then for that very reason.

Funny, like Stephanie Cutter, when I'm out of FACTS I tend to draw my 'laughter' out a lot longer to fill the time and run out the clock, we all do. Ironically, the Left Media Complex is now openly embracing a Romney Presidency in an effort to bolster their ratings. As much as those on the RIGHT did!

3. backwoodsconsr on October 11th, 2012 5:35 pm

Big Bird isn't doing so well so Obama is sending in Dodo Bird to take his place.

4. archer on October 11th, 2012 5:50 pm

I hope that Ryan has been practicing drawing the gaffeshyster into gaff-diculous responses. Someone with that size of an ego and that loose of a tongue should be really easy to draw out.

Stick him with the left, punch, punch, stay on point, jab with the points that him and his people have been lying about. Just like their state department people, get him to blurt out different versions of, and keep changing the same story.

When someone is machine-gunning facts and asking questions of liars, responsive statements can’t help but conflict, no one can keep a straight account of lies.

5. archer on October 11th, 2012 5:52 pm

Good shot! ;-)

6. Marshall_Will on October 11th, 2012 8:43 pm

Certainly not that AMOUNT of lies. There's more than enough willing to pooh-pooh the VP debate, but given the positively STARK differences ( how can this help but be interesting? )

This has every potential to be as damaging as Round 1. Given Ryan's role, he's the LAST person they wanted to see on Mitt's ticket. Joe will be absolutely flailing. Live blog..?

7. Granny55 on October 11th, 2012 9:06 pm

Well sitting here on the edge of my seat – two big shows tonight! Our Detroit Tigers do or die game and the VP debate. Praying Justin Verlander and Paul Ryan kick some major a$$ tonight. It's gonna be a long night…….sigh.

8. Granny55 on October 11th, 2012 9:08 pm

Hey and O/T – has anybody here read the article over at the Daily Caller – Lizard King? Evidently a former Ozero staffer has written some sort of dossier and sent it to them and they are reprinting it. Pretty sleezy stuff so far……interesting behind the scenes stuff.

9. Truesoldier__ on October 11th, 2012 9:09 pm

Speaking of Stephanie Cutter. I wonder if this will get her tossed out of the campaign (though with her Bidenisque responses I hope it doesn't):

STEPHANIE CUTTER: In terms of the politicization of this — you know, we are here at a debate, and I hope we get to talk about the debate — but the entire reason this has become the political topic it is, is because of Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan. It’s a big part of their stump speech. And it’s reckless and irresponsible what they’re doing.

BROOKE BALDWIN: But, Stephanie, this is national security. As we witnessed this revolution last year, we covered it–

CUTTER: It is absolutely national security–

BALDWIN: –it is absolutely pertinent. People in the American public absolutely have a right to get answers.

10. Truesoldier__ on October 11th, 2012 9:10 pm

And here is the Romney campaign response (this one is going to sting):

“President Obama’s campaign today said that Libya is only an issue because of Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan. They’re wrong. The reason it is an issue is because, for the first time since 1979, an American ambassador was assassinated and President Obama’s foreign policy strategy of ‘leading from behind’ is failing. This administration has continually misled the American public about what happened in Benghazi and, rather than be truthful about the sequence of events, has instead skirted responsibility and dodged questions. The American people deserve straight answers about this tragic event and a president who can provide leadership, not excuses.”

11. Truesoldier__ on October 11th, 2012 9:14 pm

It might not take that much to get Biden to that place. Just think, they have had Mr. Gaffetastic sequestered for almost a week, without any opportunity to release the pressure on his gaffe valves. We all know from science class what happens if you continue to let pressure build up without a periodic release. Makes me wonder if we will see that experiment recreatted on national tv tonight.

12. Jim on October 11th, 2012 9:16 pm

INSIDE SCOOP: To properly prepare for Joe Biden, Paul Ryan practiced debating against an orangutan with Down Syndrome.

13. archer on October 11th, 2012 9:36 pm

M_W,

I never heard of Biden before 2008 and had no opinion. But, since then my sense of the guy is that his comments to the reporters at the airport are less of confidence and competence and more of arrogance.

I perceive him as an interrupter of another’s sentences, rarely allowing one to verbally finish a thought.

Won’t be long now, we’ll see him in a disagreeable situation.

To use a conclusion of Zero’s:
    I could be wrong. I remember I was once before. It was that time I thought I made a mistake.

14. Marshall_Will on October 11th, 2012 9:42 pm

TS,

It's no longer even a MATTER of "being truthful" or "getting answers". This Administration has conducted themselves as if the House and Senate have already been summarily DISMISSED.

They're annoyed to even have to RESPOND to the American people or feed talking points to the LSM that THEY haven't wanted to release. Aftr the 2010 mid's the whole schedule got accelerated. These events weren't supposed to be un-responded to until WELL into the 2nd term.

15. Marshall_Will on October 11th, 2012 9:45 pm

OH…. OH…. Puhleeze do not wait an extra minute to post that! Btw, that would be an INSULT to the REAL Lizard King! After all, Jim showed a better grasp of reality.

16. Marshall_Will on October 11th, 2012 9:50 pm

The Murders In The Rue Morgue:

"this is no human hair", he concludes. Dupin puts an advertisement in the newspaper asking if anyone has lost an "Ourang-Outang".

I think we've found our, er… uh.. Man!

17. Marshall_Will on October 11th, 2012 11:01 pm

archer,

I had, but only in passing and when it comes to East Coast, Dim a-holes Joe PALED in comparison to Bawney Fwank, Bernie Sanders and of course, the Lion of the Senate that perfected and personified All That Progs Stand For!

Many on the Right questioned Obie's choice of running mate at the time? Here we had all this Hope & Change (TM)/BS and He picked the Whitest Male he could find? Why not another minority? A woman?

18. Marshall_Will on October 11th, 2012 11:52 pm

Great 'debate'. So far it's Joe Biden 1, Joe Biden 63, Joe Biden -107, Joe Biden, moderating….

19. The Zoo Keeper on October 12th, 2012 2:38 am

Biden's debate grin. It all becomes clear: http://twitpic.com/b3aqur

20. Marshall_Will on October 12th, 2012 2:55 am

Excerpt from the Daily Caller's "Lizard King"

At the University of Chicago, I was your typical privileged college progressive. I joined all the progressive campus groups: Kyoto Now!, College Democrats, Black Students United, Hermaphrodites are People Too, Black Hermaphrodites United, Straight Friends of Lesbians and Gays (SFLG), which later be came Straight Friends of Lesbians, Gays and Bisexuals (SFLGB), which later became Straight Friends of Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals and Transgenders (SFLGBT), which finally (I think) transformed into Straight Friends of Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals, Transgenders and Questioning (SFLGBTQ).

( People, if that isn't funny I don't know what IS?

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/08/the-lizard-king

21. archer on October 12th, 2012 3:00 am

It’s the grin of the monkey spanking embarrassing exposure.

22. jeffythequick on October 12th, 2012 11:07 am

Wow… I always wondered what a sh!t eating grin looked like…

Biden: I love my teeth!

Geez… even interrupting my posts…