I’m pretty sure Paul Ryan won the debate last night, as evidenced by many mainstream media reports that only speak of a “fiery debate.” If by “fiery” they mean that Biden embarrassed himself with his “disprove your opponent’s claim by laughing at it constantly” strategy, I guess they’re right.

The GOP has a compilation. There were times I thought Biden might have to be carried away in a straight jacket. This is a guy without an argument:

As for those moments when Biden stopped laughing long enough to speak, I was particularly baffled by his justification for being pro-abortion in spite of being Catholic. Biden’s answer was something along the line of “I don’t believe my personal religious beliefs justify using my position to tell others what they can and can’t do with their bodies.” Does the Bible say “Thou shalt not kill… unless you get elected to public office, then it’s really none of your business”?

As a side note, I thought Martha Raddatz wasn’t a great moderator, but at least she ran a tight ship — only letting Biden interrupt Ryan 82 times.

(h/t Joyanna Adams)

Comments

23 Responses to “GOP Ad Hits ‘Chuckles’ Biden”

1. archer on October 12th, 2012 11:32 am

Ryan has to be A winner and THE winner just by virtue of his sitting through “THE NIGHT CONDESCENSION” and keeping his self-restraint. I applaud him for it. I’m afraid I might have been up on an assault charge.

2. Obama bin Biden on October 12th, 2012 11:33 am

Biden's Polident was working overtime. Ok- now that we saw the pompous Biden in full swing: Romney mops the floor with Obama again.

3. archer on October 12th, 2012 11:43 am

CNN.COM DECLARES RYAN THE DEBATE WINNER!

With CNN.com calling the moderator the “real winner” and the “3rd debater” we know that without putting it in print they give it to Ryan.

4. Dexter_Alarius on October 12th, 2012 12:03 pm

Biden reminded me of one of those wind-up toy monkies with the banging cymbals. Only wound up waaaay too tight. Pretty much the same facial expression.

5. jeffythequick on October 12th, 2012 12:21 pm

My cymbal monkey is insulted by your reference.
    ;)

6. jeffythequick on October 12th, 2012 12:22 pm

From MM, I couldn't agree more…

On October 11th, 2012 at 11:38 pm, jrgdds said:

Did Clint Eastwood nail this or what?
    The Empty chair and the Big grin with a body behind it.

The New Yorker has their next cover.

7. Doug on October 12th, 2012 12:47 pm

Yeah, you can tell who the media thinks won the debate based on what they're not saying.

8. Truesoldier__ on October 12th, 2012 12:47 pm

This ad by the RNC was good, but there are a few other ads that would be better.

1) Have the clip from the debate with Biden saying "I always say what I mean" (when Ryan brought up his tendency for gaffes) and then have the video clip of Biden saying you have to spend more money to keep from going bankrupt.

2) Have the clip from the debate in which Biden says that the Benghazi consulate had all the security they asked for then cut to the clip from the Congressional hearing in which LTC Woods and Eric Nordstrom testifying that their requests were additional security was denied, the security forces were cut, but their danager pay went up due to an increase in the amount of danger. Then cut back to the debate when Biden says, "Who do you trust on this?"

9. Truesoldier__ on October 12th, 2012 1:18 pm

Once again, another Obama campaign and MSM narrative of who someone is was destroyed last night. No, I am not talking about Ryan (though that is true as well). I am talking about Biden's nice guy average Joe persona. He utterly destroyed that image. Just look at what the MSM is saying about him. He came across angry, condencending, rude, etc.

10. The Zoo Keeper on October 12th, 2012 1:30 pm

At least Biden knows how to look directly into the camera and scare seniors into a new pair of Depends.

11. Truesoldier__ on October 12th, 2012 1:33 pm

He does that to more than just the seniors. He scares most everyone into a new pair of drawers just thinking that this guy is one heartbeat away from the presidency…..try that one on for a scary Halloween story.

12. The Zoo Keeper on October 12th, 2012 1:33 pm

The RNC could be knocking this out of the park, but instead, we get the chuckle video.

13. archer on October 12th, 2012 1:36 pm

And by the MSM’s ignoring of the three-year-olds infantile antics, like a parent ignoring a tantrum in the grocery store because the kid didn’t get her…, it puts the spotlight square on the arrogance and immaturity of the current VP’s nasty, condescending attitude.

14. Truesoldier__ on October 12th, 2012 2:29 pm

Uh oh…..Obama know only has a lock on 10states. These are the states now listed as a toss up

Colorado (9)
    Florida (29)
    Iowa (6)
    Michigan (16)
    Missouri (10)
    Nevada (6)
    New Hampshire (4)
    North Carolina (15)
    Ohio (18)
    Pennsylvania (20)
    Virginia (13)
    Wisconsin (10)

Not good news for Obama this late in the election.

15. SignPainterGuy on October 12th, 2012 3:20 pm

Last I heard yesterday, NC is going R&R as well as FL! Tee Hee !

16. Truesoldier__ on October 12th, 2012 3:39 pm

I heard that as well, plus now polls in Virginia are showing Romney up 51% to 44%. My guess is that RCP is being cautious and waiting for multiple polls to confirm the numbers.

17. archer on October 12th, 2012 3:45 pm

Just like islamophiles, when liberals are left to themselves they will cannibalize each other. Even springing on one old enough to be his father.

Once again, commend Paul Ryan for his self-control in last night’s Biden debacle of showing facets of his true nature.

18. Truesoldier__ on October 12th, 2012 4:14 pm

And Biden gets caught in another lie from last night:

“By the way, they talk about this great recession like it fell out of the sky–like, ‘Oh my goodness, where did it come from?’” Biden said. “It came from this man voting to put two wars on a credit card, at the same time, put a prescription drug plan on the credit card, a trillion dollar tax cut for the very wealthy.”

“I was there, I voted against them,” Biden continued. “I said, no, we can’t afford that.”

Then Sen. Biden voted for the Afghanistan resolution on Sept. 14, 2001 which authorized “the use of United States Armed Forces against those responsible for the recent attacks launched against the United States.”

And on Oct. 11, 2002, Biden voted for a resolution authorizing unilateral military action in Iraq, according to the Washington Post.

19. SignPainterGuy on October 12th, 2012 5:36 pm

Yes, Crint Eeswood NAILED it, except I`d go for a "high-chair" for the Man-Child. Biden is definitely the "intellect of the dem party" ! He delivered what so many progressives wanted !

20. SignPainterGuy on October 12th, 2012 5:39 pm

Oh yeah, at least two polling agencies have pulled out of NC (and some other states); their results are solidly R-leaning, so what`s the use ?!

Also, the DNC, DCC, DCCC, whatever, have pulled the big money out of NC and others; again, polling is showing Rs ahead and gaining.

Keeeyewell !

21. SignPainterGuy on October 12th, 2012 5:48 pm

The LSM acknowledged surprisingly quickly that Ryan won last night, even complimenting him and Biden the loser, characterizing him as "condescending, rude, etc." then announced in effect, nothing else to see here, on to Romney not paying his taxes !

I can`t count the diehard libs / trolls on threads convinced and argumentative that Biden trounced Ryan. I guess they`d have approved of Biden taking off a shoe and hitting Ryan with it ! ……… While smiling !

22. Truesoldier__ on October 12th, 2012 7:26 pm

But of course they would. After all it is Ryan's fault Biden was smiling in the first place:

23. ChapBix on October 15th, 2012 11:37 pm

Even more effective would be asking folks in embassies that are in danger zones who they trust.