Jesse Watters from the O’Reilly Factor spoke with some people at an Obama fundraiser in Hollywood featuring Katy Perry, Bon Jovi, George Clooney and Earth, Wind and Fire.

The event raked in $1.5 million from the people supporting the guy who wants to take the money out of politics or something.

Ding-a-ling alert throughout:

Comments

16 Responses to “‘Meet the People Who Cancel Out Your Vote’ Part XXIV: Hollywood Edition”

1. Marshall_Will on October 16th, 2012 11:24 am

Given I was so completely WRONG about Hillary not going quietly under the bus..?

I truly feel this may be another milestone for this election cycle. We'll look back and say it was the last time Hollywood's default setting was in-the-tank for Fill-In-The-Lib/Lib Cause.

Its just not good for business. How will they transition from being asked to weave O'Care themes into their scripts when a Rep. is President?

2. archer on October 16th, 2012 11:47 am

I would’ve liked to hear each one asked if they planned to vote.

People that clueless have nothing emotionally, intellectually or personally invested and probably won’t make the effort to vote, though they might if there would be entertainment at the voting booth.

It’s like:
    I can’t think for myself but, I can and like to be entertained. That way I can sit in a lump of human flesh and I don’t have to think.

If one were to ask them on the way out of the event what Zero talked about they would have the blank look on their faces.

Zero appeals to those kind of people because he is shifting sand and has nothing solid to stand on so he can have those people on his side all day long.

3. archer on October 16th, 2012 12:11 pm

It’s easy to see a major glaring difference between the two candidates:

Zero needs to put big entertainment names up on the marque to get people to come out whereas Romney/Ryan gets people out with just their names and ideas.

Wanna go vote? Naw, I’m going shopping and then to the beach and party, then get my nails done.

4. jeffythequick on October 16th, 2012 12:23 pm

With people like this, I thank God and the Founding Fathers for the electoral college.

I also feel sorry for Phil over on MM for having to trifle with these fools on a daily basis.

5. Truesoldier__ on October 16th, 2012 12:28 pm

One thought I had was that this is yet another Bill and Hillary ploy to look like they are helping Obama, but in reality they are hurting him.

Think about it. If Hillary were to resign say a week before the election the only thing that would be talked about is Hillary resigning over Benghazi. This not only keeps Benghazi in the news (which Obama doesn't want), it also will piss off the Hillary supporters (which Obama cannot win without). If Hillary resigns look for Bill to start making rumbles (through a middle man like Stephanopolous) that Hillary was coerced to fall on the sword. This will insulate Hillary from blame in the long run and may even add some sympathy from feminists groups and libearls in general.

6. Truesoldier__ on October 16th, 2012 12:34 pm

What gets me is how many of these Hollywood types actually believe anyone really cares what they think politically. Let's face it, If people want to hear politics they turn on Rush, Foxnews, MSNBC or CNN (for the liberals). They tune into their favorite shows to forget about their lives and their reality for a short time.

7. jeffythequick on October 16th, 2012 1:08 pm

This is nothing but good for Hillary. She gets these things:

1. She's the man in the administration, not to be confused with the empty chair and the smile and no brain.
    2. If the buck stops with her now, she can use it to have it stop with her later. She can easily say, ":yep, that was mine, and I'm sorry people died, but Obama denied the funding for those requests."

If/when Obama loses, he'll have more tire tracks on him than roadkill at a Greyhound terminal.

8. Truesoldier__ on October 16th, 2012 1:13 pm

Hi Doug, I saw this one from your neck of the woods and am hoping that the people of MI are not crazy enough to do it:

"Michigan groups aim for green energy mandate in state constitution"

Here in WA ST they had an initiative that mandated a certain percentage of power be from renewable energy sources. People signed onto it in droves figuring it sounded good and we were already at that goal through hydroelectricity. Of course they didn't read the fine print to discover that hydroelectricity is not deemed to be renewable (yeah I know crazy in the PNW) so now are rates have skyrocketed due to all the penalties being passed onto the consumer (like us Conservatives warned would happen). Of course the greenies are blaming the evil greedy power companies for the higher rates and are even trying to change the power company in my county over to a public utility company.

9. SignPainterGuy on October 16th, 2012 2:04 pm

" How will they transition from being asked to weave O'Care themes into their scripts when a Rep. is President?"

Perhaps they`ll write in the relief that it has been repealed and hospital and clinic staff are keeping their jobs and have SOOOO much less paperwork to do ?!

10. SignPainterGuy on October 16th, 2012 2:15 pm

It was proposed at one of Zilla`s A-C posts that Team Obama had something on Shrillary that prodded her to fall on her sword. I wonder. It`s possible I guess, but the Clintonionnis are known for their mastery of this game. She may have gone willingly to the under-bus, but I`ll bet the bus won`t roll over her.

11. SignPainterGuy on October 16th, 2012 2:21 pm

Speaking of Bill, I`ve been a bit surprised to see him campaigning for Zero, when everyone knows the Clintons hate the Os. He and Shrillary MUST have something in the works to work for their enemies and take an embarrassment like this. It has to be beyond party loyalty; they feather their own nests or they don`t participate !

12. SignPainterGuy on October 16th, 2012 3:23 pm

"Hillary diving head first under the bus like this makes me wonder what is really going on."

There must have been sniper fire !

13. Marshall_Will on October 16th, 2012 4:19 pm

Good points. And again, we can speculate the 'dirt' on her isn't anything that's been out there before?

Oh whoa' is ME. Please don't..?

Yeah whatever. GO for it…

14. Marshall_Will on October 16th, 2012 4:21 pm

archer,

True, any Poll we've had trotted out by alphabet netwerkz SUPPOSE these likely voters won't have a manicure appt. that day?

The sheer amount of No-shows will leave Dim's reeling.

15. Marshall_Will on October 16th, 2012 4:23 pm

TS,

Saw this recently on my very Base. Someone stood up and voluntarily "jumped on the grenade" to 'save' a career that um… already ENDED. It's a way to look like a hero at no personal expense to yourself.

Oh, and nobody bought it HERE either…

16. SignPainterGuy on October 16th, 2012 9:45 pm

Y`all know about my current UBER DEMOCRAT Ma Bev Perdue; she isn`t running for re-election, THANK GOD in Heaven !! Her LT.Gvnr, Walter Dalton IS against the R candidate, the past Mayor of Charlotte, Patrick McCrory.

I`m watching their 2nd debate. McC is polling way ahead of Dalton; the state is fed up with dem policies and it looks like NC will elect R&R and McCrory. I haven`t heard much about the Lt. Governor race; they are separate and can be of different parties, though I don`t recall it ever happening, and I don`t know who is polling ahead in that race, but I`m hopeful.

This debate is an example of just how far apart two ideologies can be.

It sounds like the western 150 miles of NC may finally get recognized when McC wins. Dalton represents Obama on the state level; promise the moon, sound centrist, but deliver a wickless candle & outlaw matches and govern from the far left.