There are a lot of stories going around out there today, but I decided to focus on the low hanging fruit, and Bill Clinton seemed happy to oblige:

Speaking in Parma, Ohio, Clinton weighed the relative merits of President Obama’s economic plans and those of Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney. “The question is which path will fix it,” Clinton said. “What the American people have got to decide is whether they believe people like me, who are little bit on the outside of this, that this was the biggest economic crash since the great depression.

I can’t speak for everybody, Bill, but I decided a long time ago.

Comments

33 Responses to “Bill Clinton: What People Have to Decide is Whether They Believe People Like Me”

1. archer on October 18th, 2012 5:34 pm

Whaaat??

This is like playing ping-pong with my three year old.

Bubba must have re-registered as a Republican.

2. backwoodsconsr on October 18th, 2012 5:45 pm

It depends on what the definition of "is" is.

3. SignPainterGuy on October 18th, 2012 7:45 pm

Do you believe me or your own lying ears ? Bill was one of the first about whom I said, "If he said water is wet, I`d dip my finger" !

Would someone remind me who Bill AND Joe are campaigning for; it`s getting to where I can`t tell !?

4. Truesoldier__ on October 18th, 2012 8:31 pm

Well there is one statement from Bill Clinton of late that I can believe:

"Governor Romney's argument is, we're not fixed, so fire him and put me in," said Clinton. "It is true we're not fixed. When President Obama looked into the eyes of that man who said in the debate, I had so much hope four years ago and I don't now, I thought he was going to cry. Because he knows that it's not fixed."

5. SignPainterGuy on October 18th, 2012 9:05 pm

When Mitt was hammering Barry Tue., you could see the look in his face. It was not a happy face; I expected him to get angry or pouty, but instead he called for help from Candy ! Maybe that WAS pouty !

6. Marshall_Will on October 18th, 2012 9:13 pm

Firstly, congrats! That's a cute age. May we ask.., how often do you let him/her WIN?

Bubba's doing a stellar job stopping just short of an actual 'endorsement' and leaving things every bit as open as P'BO w/ his Rose Garden/'terrorist' hedging. Cuts both ways Bammie!

7. Truesoldier__ on October 18th, 2012 9:14 pm

You know that he has done that in each of the debates. The first debate he asked Lehrer to move onto another subject. Now the deal with Crowley. What is next? Will he stand behing Shiffer and point at Romney saying, "Make the bad man stop"?

8. Marshall_Will on October 18th, 2012 9:16 pm

Thought Mitt's body language of NOT being intimidated by The Pretender In Chief was top shelf.

To Joyanna Adams' credit, notice BHO didn't try the Mr. $10 Dollar Man shakedown in a feeble attempt to establish supremacy in this last debate. Conservative Blogging WORKS!

9. Truesoldier__ on October 18th, 2012 9:16 pm

Oh wow. Drudge just posted that in the lastest PA poll Romeny is up 49% to 45%. It is only one poll, so no telling if it is accurate or not, but if it is…..

10. SignPainterGuy on October 18th, 2012 9:17 pm

Yeah, and pout, "Nobody believes me !"

11. SignPainterGuy on October 18th, 2012 9:23 pm

And now Mitt is ahead in the Electoral map; http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/pres

Haven`t we been takin` a hammerin` by the left that the Bamster may be slipping behind in the popular voting polls but he has the Electoral College nearly sewn up ?

That`s the best sight I`ve seen all day, even some really beautiful leaf colors !

12. Marshall_Will on October 18th, 2012 9:24 pm

"Make the bad man stop"?

Okay…!? What would you PREFER discuss Mr. pResident? F & F? Solyndra? Your Female staff's wage discrepancies? Mammograms for Males?

Or we could talk about SSDI application surges, the White Sox at Cominskey Park..?

13. SignPainterGuy on October 18th, 2012 9:28 pm

Speaking of "bad man"; since the first debate, nearly every day I`ve read or heard some version of, "Team O and the media have been telling us Romney is this mean, hater, disconnected, uncaring rich man, but I saw him as VERY caring, etc. !"

14. archer on October 18th, 2012 9:59 pm

Clinton said Zero “…put a floor under it and then [began] the long road back” after one year (Zero’s first year in office) of the continual slide.

Well, it’s now three years since “…the floor…” was put in and America still sliding down and circling the drain.

Jobs have dried up and unemployment has given way to welfare, increased by 32% in four years (and that’s probably a low estimate).

Zero and his cadre couldn’t control unemployment payments or the people who receive them because that’s a system regulated by the states but, now that he has the bit and the reins of government welfare in the mouths of the myriads of people whose unemployed has run out he can control them.

Next will come the saddle of Zero’s “medical care” system in ~2014(?) dropped from the liberal socialist elite ONTO the backs of, and reaching ever deeper INTO, the pockets and bank accounts of Americans through the omnipresent IRS, adding another line item to the federal Form 1040.

And Z(N)ero and his female continue to fiddle….

15. Marshall_Will on October 18th, 2012 10:50 pm

"through the omnipresent IRS, adding another line item to the federal Form 1040."

(A)nother line item..? Just the changes already in place would make the "A" look like the EZ. In another 2 years it will be completely unrecognizable! In a strange way, it would help grease The Impeachment.

Now that the avg. [brain dead] moderate & independent can SEE in tangible terms what we've been talking about for the last 5 years?

16. archer on October 18th, 2012 11:16 pm

S/B three year old grandson. I care more about winning than he does so he lets me win but he’s always up for the ice cream celebration no matter who wins.

17. Marshall_Will on October 18th, 2012 11:43 pm

In finally getting a chance to view MM's speech from the Right Online Convention she really drove home the importance of not only fighting the good fight for our children but also to be a powerful influence on them BEFORE they are at the hands of a progressive indoctrination system that is only there to further its own ends.

It's become vogue to say that a grand parent's 'spoiling' them is a selfish SELFISH thing. I beg to differ. While surely a joy, it's also incumbent upon us to share Conservative values at that early age. A joy, AND an obligation!

18. J. Cricket on October 18th, 2012 11:48 pm

sort of like Al Gore and ManBearPig…

19. SignPainterGuy on October 18th, 2012 11:59 pm

It`s bad and can get a whole lot badder. Your choice there Pres. Gutsy Call !

20. SignPainterGuy on October 19th, 2012 12:06 am

The report just released in the last few days that says Gorebull Warming stopped 16 years ago has caused the left to double down on their claims of record heat, incl. Western NC which just set the all time record for HOT ! I live here and it doesn`t match my readings, no 100°s at all. Gotta have a bunch of 100°+ days to be the HOTTEST !

IOW, they`re full of it as a Christmas Turkey !

21. Marshall_Will on October 19th, 2012 12:20 am

And from our "About Fricken' TIME!" files:

"NEW YORK (AP) – Newsweek will end its print publication after 80 years and shift to an all-digital format in early 2013.

Its last U.S. print edition will be its Dec. 31 issue. The paper version of Newsweek is the latest casualty of a changing world where readers get more of their information from websites, tablets and smartphones. It's also an environment in which advertisers are looking for less expensive alternatives online."

22. archer on October 19th, 2012 1:26 am

“The paper version of Newsweek is the latest casualty of a changing world where readers get more of their information from websites, tablets and smartphones. It's also an environment in which advertisers are looking for less expensive alternatives online.”

TRIPE!!
    That excuse is what’s left floating after a low flow flush in North Carolina or frisco.

==============================

When the sales of your product depends on mass appeal, what is the point of making it so deliberately left wing, distasteful and objectionable to more than 70% of the available purchasing public?

And in so doing how could the head of such a product keep their position of leadership?

What if an unmentionable fast food company did that? What would be the result to the management structure?

23. SignPainterGuy on October 19th, 2012 1:51 am

Many print papers have had an online version which many people preferred. Of course, without paying for an online subscription, you don`t get "everything avail. in the print edition. In my paper`s case, the online version does not incl. the all important comics or some special articles or columns. Now the online version offers full access for a fee or 10 daily free articles. They have unexpectedly lost many readers of the online version as a result.

I get the print edition every day, so I have unlimited access to the online version, but if it weren`t THE ONLY professional paper around, their lefty bent would have sent me packin` long ago !

I would expect NewsWeak to lose even more customers when they begin to offer only the e-version and have the audacity to charge a fee to view it.

24. Marshall_Will on October 19th, 2012 3:18 am

"what is the point of making it so deliberately left wing, distasteful and objectionable to more than 70% of the available purchasing public?"

Um… okay, I don't KNOW. To be honest, I think print versions of Right leaning pub's aren't tearing the cover off the ball either, but are faring MUCH better. Townhall, NewsMax etc. Telling the *truth* occasionally… would not be a deficit?

Gawd I remember how sophisticated I felt memorizing every article, armed to the TEETH after having read Newsweek! But the other real issue is; people really don't 'read' any more. And we all know the narrative, "Surveys have consistently shown that Liberals read MUCH more than Conservatives..!"

Yeah, we can tell how "well read" they are by their spoon-fed dated talking points and hatemail they attack us with daily…

25. jeffythequick on October 19th, 2012 4:30 am

Here comes the Mormon card. Take it away, Whoopi!

26. jeffythequick on October 19th, 2012 4:48 am

…and Gallup has R:52%, O:45%

Bob Beckel on The Five said, "If this is correct, it's over."

I say, "It ain't over until it's over. Keep fighting!"

27. jeffythequick on October 19th, 2012 9:18 am

I'm looking for a guy to vote for that treats the deaths of 4 people, including an ambassador, as not optimal:

/sarc

28. SignPainterGuy on October 19th, 2012 1:09 pm

Keep in mind, we can`t trust the polls; CBS is now telling us so.

29. SignPainterGuy on October 19th, 2012 1:16 pm

pRes. Gutsy Call is waiting for his second term to show how much he cares.

30. SignPainterGuy on October 19th, 2012 1:21 pm

In this clip from the same episode of the Spew, Whoopi tries to be a bit more supportive of Ann, but still falls short. Ann shows she can make a large family work. http://potluckbloggers.wordpress.com/2012/10/18/a

31. Truesoldier__ on October 20th, 2012 1:18 pm

Well that is probably because of the placement of their temp gauges. Here in WA ST a few years ago some UW climate studies students discovered that the measurement equipment was placed in areas that would record abnormal heat readings. Like directly next to electrical transformers, directly under the exhaust fans or right next to AC unit air dryer (which for an AC to work the unit heats up the air to dry it out). Once they relocated all the devices the readings had a miraculous drop in temps….especially at night! (yes that last bit was sarcastic).

32. SignPainterGuy on October 20th, 2012 1:52 pm

If I`d put my last comment in the local paper, I`d have been hammered for not understanding that temps are averaged out, that you don`t necessarily have to have the extreme highs and lows to effect the average. I DO know that.

I read several stories about MANY of the 1,000s of weather sensor stations were idled or removed (those in farm fields, in forests, next to streams or lakes, in valleys or atop mountains), while the ones next to paved parking lots, atop buildings next to AC exhaust outlets, next to airport runways where jet exhaust hits them, were kept in service. Sounds like the AGW folks were looking to boost the warm temp. readings and eliminate those 1,000s of nasty cooler ones.

Last week, I heard a report that the computer models don`t incl. (the scientists don`t even know how to calculate it) the effects of the sun OR the oceans on temps and CO2 levels.

Aren`t those the greatest TWO factors in Earth`s temperatures ? They leave them out, but we`re supposed to believe their conclusions ?

We deniers get hammered for (even jokingly) pointing to a cold snap as a reason to doubt warming, but the proponents will point to every warm spell as proof it`s real. Ignorance, stupidity and hypocrisy abound !

33. ChapBix on October 21st, 2012 11:09 am

"Zero and his cadre couldn’t control unemployment payments or the people who receive them because that’s a system regulated by the states"

That could quickly and fundamentally change. As evidence, see what Zero did to the private student loan industry and what is being done to the medical industry.