Originally I hadn’t planned to mention this but then I remembered that my parents always taught me to never look a gift election metaphor in the mouth, so here goes:

“On Monday I led by example: I mailed in my ballot early,” she said. “I voted for Barack Obama. And I did it because I want to spend Election Day really working to turn out the vote, and that’s something that you may want to think about doing.”

Mrs. Obama continued: “Early voting is important because it gives you that convenience, truly — especially students with busy schedules, families with busy lives.

“You wake up on Election Day — you might have a cold, babysitter gets sick, it’s raining, car broke down, I mean I could go on — toilet overflowing,” she said, to a laughing audience. “There are so many ways to mess up a day when you don’t have a lot of time.”

The pitch has gone from “Change We Can Believe In” to “In Case Your Sh*tter’s Clogged” in just four short years.

Hopefully November 6th brings about an epic flush.

Comments

40 Responses to “FLOTUS: Better Vote Early in Case Your Toilet’s Overflowing on Election Day”

1. Granny55 on October 22nd, 2012 6:45 pm

Oh I soooooo love this

From “Change We Can Believe In” to “Sh*tter’s Clogged” in four short years. Couldn’t have put it better myself.

Yup you outdid yourself on that one Doug!!!!

2. Granny55 on October 22nd, 2012 6:48 pm

O/T but an update on the Yahoo polls. Anything political has been REALLY trending towards a conservative point of view. Now here is Yahoo's newest trick. It appears that Yahoo is limiting the answers when the trend is getting out of hand so a notice pops up that says they are experiencing "difficulties". Yaaaa righhhhhttttt!!!!!

3. backwoodsconsr on October 22nd, 2012 6:49 pm

Toilets do tend to get clogged when they get too much Obama in them. The economy is suffering from more crap than it can handle too.

4. Truesoldier__ on October 22nd, 2012 7:18 pm

So now we know what Obama's weekend of debate prep looked like….

5. Truesoldier__ on October 22nd, 2012 7:27 pm

My wife said she has noticed the same thing on MSN.

6. Granny55 on October 22nd, 2012 7:40 pm

h/t Legal Insurrection – Great Ad

7. archer on October 22nd, 2012 8:21 pm

Bet it sucks to be you right now, mamabama. From free world travel on AF-1 and free five-star hotels on the American taxpayer’s dime to bending over the dumpster and pumping loafs with a plunger. It couldn’t happen to a more deserving lump of lowlife flesh.

How far they have fallen. One might almost pity you but, NOT!!

If over one billion dollars pilfered and stolen from the U.S. Treasury and other ill-gotten gain couldn’t buy four more years in the WH, does your ego really think you’ll make a difference on the last day?

You’re a deal breaker, mamabama, and we’ll give The Donald the last word re you and your weasel: “You’re …!”

8. Granny55 on October 22nd, 2012 8:44 pm

I am thinking Trump has something to the effect that Ozero enrolled in college as a foreign student. I just hope he doesn't make an a$$ out of himself over something that we already know and throw support to Ozero zombies.

9. Truesoldier__ on October 22nd, 2012 8:54 pm

I hear you on that. If he doesn't have some concrete evidence he really needs to just stop else he could do more harm than good.

10. SignPainterGuy on October 22nd, 2012 8:55 pm

Yep, the economy is on Very Low Flow the last 4 years and we know how THAT moves "things" along. Look at Lost Angeles and their clogged pipes !

11. Granny55 on October 22nd, 2012 9:00 pm

The political poll they had up today had "problems" all afternoon. I looked at the poll results and the conservative view had a 10 pt. lead. At 6pm they had changed the poll question.

I find it very amusing when the Yahoo poll does not get the desired result and drops it like a hot potato!!!

12. Granny55 on October 22nd, 2012 9:07 pm

Once again – we have an alternative to the debate tonight here in Michigan. The last couple of debates – our Detroit Tigers were battling for a spot in the World Series. Tonight the Detroit Lions will be up against the Chicago Bears. Hopefully they can kick some Ozero a$$ on the football field (although there is no difference between the cities – they are both democrat/socialist strongholds) still – gotta root for the home team. And will do so and occasionally peek in on the debate. I can read all about Ozero's "unexpected", "unbridled", "absolute command", "unfettered command" and what other BS to describe his big "win" on foreign policy debate over Mitt. When, in real time, all Ozero is going to brag about is – I killed BinLaden. End of story. Liberal media rejoices!!!!

13. Granny55 on October 22nd, 2012 9:07 pm

Hey Doug just got flagged again!!! And it was a great comment too!!!!

14. SignPainterGuy on October 22nd, 2012 9:12 pm

So classy ! Obowmaomamabama adds that new dimension of laughter that`s been lacking in past administrations; laughter AT us !

15. Marshall_Will on October 22nd, 2012 9:13 pm

"bending over the dumpster and pumping loafs with a plunger"

And what does that say about the ECONOMY her hubby GAVE these people!? Right Mamabama, millions find after the last 4 years their lives are so tentative a flat tire repair would be about all it'd take to blow their budget.

Don't know where YOU have been Moochelle but these people not only get the thread their day to day lives dangle by, hell, they've LIVED it! Now you're asking them to commit to 'another' four..?

16. backwoodsconsr on October 22nd, 2012 9:29 pm

"Hopefully November 6th brings about an epic flush."

As a symbolic gesture, I suggest that at the moment Fox News declares Romney the winner, we all flush our toilets.

17. Granny55 on October 22nd, 2012 9:40 pm

At least here in Michigan we have an alternative to the debates – Go Detroit Lions! Kick some Chicago/Socialist/Bears A$$!!!

18. Granny55 on October 22nd, 2012 9:40 pm

Site Admin does not like A$$

19. Granny55 on October 22nd, 2012 9:41 pm

Flagged again – DAMN!!!!!!

20. Granny55 on October 22nd, 2012 9:42 pm

Okay let's try this again – Go Detroit Lions – Kick some Bears/Ozero/Socialist Behind!!!

21. Granny55 on October 22nd, 2012 9:43 pm

Flagged again – site admin does not like anything associated with Ozero/socialist???

22. Granny55 on October 22nd, 2012 9:43 pm

I am narrowing it down and it appears if you put Ozero or Obama and the word socialist in the same sentence you get flagged by site nazi

23. SignPainterGuy on October 22nd, 2012 9:44 pm

Speaking of "epic"; loyal listeners to Glenn Beck`s radio show have heard Pat Grey sing "Happy Days Are Here Again" with his trademark modifications to fit the dem losers on the days after elections. He did it after the 2010 elections and then when Scott Walker won re-election. 11-7-12 should be EPIC !! I can`t wait !! I know my sides will be hurting !

24. Granny55 on October 22nd, 2012 9:44 pm

OMG Doug – no matter what I type I am getting flagged – almost 10 posts now!!!!!

25. backwoodsconsr on October 22nd, 2012 9:55 pm

I never knew you were such a dirty old lady! ;)

26. Marshall_Will on October 22nd, 2012 10:30 pm

Ha! Swirl we can BELIEVE in..!

I like it. Sounds not only fun but necessary as well. Just let's not get all surprised when they simultaneously back up. Turds this size usually do.

27. backwoodsconsr on October 22nd, 2012 10:43 pm

Spread the word. I think it's an idea that could become wildly popular. The symbol of a cleansing movement.

28. SignPainterGuy on October 23rd, 2012 1:20 am

It`s "so-cial-ist" that gets ya. Notice how Jeffy spells it sew-shall-ist ? I`ve seen the "posterior" word go thru.

I usually fuss at Doug for not feeding the admin. It works after a while.

29. SignPainterGuy on October 23rd, 2012 1:21 am

Doug hasn`t fed the admin. again or your posts are really delicioso !

30. Marshall_Will on October 23rd, 2012 1:43 am

No, seriously, I ab-so-lute-ly LOVE it!

Sometime back MM had science fun at the expense of idiots doing "Jump Day" where supposedly all these people timing their jump can somehow alter the earth's rotation or something. Junque science acolytes at their worst.

But THIS..! We can call it Dump Day…

31. backwoodsconsr on October 23rd, 2012 6:33 am

Catchy title. Well done.

32. Yazsters on October 23rd, 2012 10:16 am

I was joking to myself yesterday that, I'm happy to have the right to vote, but having to drive 19 hours to the voting booth seems excessive and a possible attempt at voter disenfranchisement! I'll have to see about early mail in voting.

33. jeffythequick on October 23rd, 2012 11:47 am

On the ground report:

At McCollum Park, at the 128th Street Exit in Mill Creek, WA, there were at least 10 cars dropping off ballots at noon yesterday, including 2 votes for Romney, McKenna, Baumgartner, and Koster

Hopefully, Romney wins WA state by at least 2 votes. Hope springs eternal, I guess….

34. jeffythequick on October 23rd, 2012 11:55 am

WOW! On Rasmussen, Romney hits 50%!

I'm a believer in this: As long as you're above 50%, it doesn't matter what the undecideds do. This is the first step… and at the right time. Last night, the line about "we have aircraft carriers now" was the clincher. I think a lot of people will think this guy is desparate.

I knew Joe Biden. Mr. President, you're no Joe Biden.

35. jeffythequick on October 23rd, 2012 12:20 pm

I've even seen the F word go through.

I'm starting to think that Doug's admin's last name is Clinton with the words that get through, and those that don't.

36. Truesoldier__ on October 23rd, 2012 1:06 pm

That would be nice, but I am not holding my breath. You know as well as I do that the morons in Seattle and Olympia (and most of the surrounding suburbs) will decide the direction of the state.

I am pleased to see that Obama is now in single digits in WA ST (down from the 14 point lead he had about a month ago), but it would take a lot of work and way more than 2 votes (that would easily be made up in post election shennanigans by KC elections) to ensure a GOP victory.

37. Truesoldier__ on October 23rd, 2012 1:08 pm

I think Romney is at the 50% margin in large part because the undecideds have decided they have had enough of Obama.

This is pretty big news as Rasmussen has been the pollster closest to the actual outcome of the last couple of elections.

38. Truesoldier__ on October 23rd, 2012 1:14 pm

Here is a pretty good article of why one reporter sees Romney as the winner and has a very good chance to win in 2 weeks. The last paragraph sums it up nicely:

We also have to judge this debate as part of the narrative arc of this season. Romney won the first debate by a mile. Because Romney’s win was so decisive, it sparked an image change: Americans started to think of him as presidential material. That’s why Obama winning the second debate by an inch made little impact – people were watching Romney not to see him land punches but to see how well he could take them. He won the third debate because, by the end of the night, his and Obama’s positions in the narrative arc had switched. Romney now looks like the President and Obama looks like the challenger.

39. jeffythequick on October 23rd, 2012 1:20 pm

Yeah, I don't trust "Registered Voter" polls, but I do "Likely Voter" ones.

However, in this election, I think the likely ones that are in the R camp may be more likely than those that are in the D camp, like in 2008.

40. jeffythequick on October 23rd, 2012 1:31 pm

Maybe the admin is admiring your a$$ in private..,
    ;)

(I can't resist these ones…)