We talked a little bit about Donald Trump and Gloria Allred’s “October Surprises.” Trump just revealed what he has, and it’s more of an offer than a revelation: Trump just said via a YouTube announcement that he’d write a check for $5 million to the charity of Obama’s choice if he releases all his college and passport records and applications.

So anyway, we all know there’s a better chance of Debbie Wasserman Schultz telling the truth about something or of Biden going gaffe-free for a month than of Obama ever releasing this stuff, so let’s get back to the business of focusing on winning the election.

Comments

12 Responses to “Trump Makes His ‘Special Announcement’”

1. Truesoldier__ on October 24th, 2012 3:03 pm

My guess is Trump is thinking this is a win-win situation. If Obama accepts he gets the records, if he declines then Trump will claim it as proof Obama is hiding something. Of course the media will ignore it regardless of the outcome so it doesn't matter much.

As for Allred's surprise, it looks like to me that Allred is hoping to show Romney as an evil rich go who helped another evil rich guy in a divorce proceeding with the testimony Romney gave as a financial expert. From the looks of it, Allred only wants Romney's testimony released and the gag order lifted on that and that alone. If that is the case I suspect Romney (in the second hearing on this tomorrow as Romney's team has asked for a day to review everything but does not expect to object to the release) will ask for the entire record to be unsealed (not just his testimony). This way they can counter andy claims that Allred and her client will levy in the next Obama ad.

2. SignPainterGuy on October 24th, 2012 3:15 pm

Trump could have a win-win goin` for him, but it won`t amount to much.

For All-Red, "It`s the seriousness of the charge, not the voracity of the evidence" ! It`s just more of the same as in the anti-Romney ad running here playing the excerpt, "It is not my job to worry about those people".

3. Truesoldier__ on October 24th, 2012 3:20 pm

Just one more reason All-Red wants Romney's testimony unsealed and the gag removed so her client can star in an Obama ad. Of course she will fight tooth and nail to release any other details of the divorce (especially the ones that would counter anything her client would say).

4. SignPainterGuy on October 24th, 2012 3:21 pm

O/T: Headline at Drudge, "City of Springfield gives up hope for getting paid by campaign".

It would seem reasonable to me that these cities should announce publicly that they will provide Police protection, crowd- and traffic-control ONLY AFTER the pre-paid check clears !

5. Truesoldier__ on October 24th, 2012 3:30 pm

That would be way too efficient for any government agency.

6. Marshall_Will on October 24th, 2012 4:40 pm

"he’d write a check for $5 million to the charity of Obama’s choice"

Which is HIMSELF of course! Make that out to Barry Sotero..? shall I Mr. pResident?

Gosh, glad it wasn't ME. I've testified on behalf of clients MANY times over the years in divorce/heir disputes. The intended recipients always feel there's more equity/iiquidity in the kitty than there ever really WAS.

You may have to provide testimony on what the portfolio was worth -AT- the date of the death cert. Rules have changed over the years and you uh… can't just write in the est. value any more. They match ticker tapes to coroner's T.O.D.

When it comes to privately HELD entities it gets infinitely more complex. I just know this, if it were MY but in a sling I can't think of another guy I'd want make a fair and just valuation than Mitt. The rub is, if your expert wit. intentionally undervalues the holdings, it only infuriates the ex/heir's atty! BTDT

7. archer on October 24th, 2012 5:45 pm

Just returned from the voting booth.
    Voted early this time for a HOPE and CHANGE.

Went to another town where I HOPE the machines are less likely to be tampered with and a CHANGE of pace and scenery on the drive.

Makes me ill to think I may be the last generation to have voted (in the past) in a free and open election in America.

There was someone there with an “observer” badge on but I’m not sure what power, if any, they’re endued with.

VOTE ROMNEY!!

8. Joe Redfield on October 24th, 2012 6:58 pm

Doug, I think I caught a typo. When you said "…a better chance…of Biden going gaffe-free for a month…" I think you meant 'minute'; there aren't enough zeroes in the Universe to express the odds of Biden going gaffe-free for an entire month.

9. SignPainterGuy on October 24th, 2012 7:28 pm

Aah yes, audio + visuals = greater chance for memory; I see the rationale now.

10. SignPainterGuy on October 24th, 2012 7:28 pm

Yeah, it WOULD be too much like a BIZ model and not gubmit !

11. SignPainterGuy on October 24th, 2012 7:37 pm

Yeah, that`s a pretty slim chance indeed ! You can count on that; similar to the original definition of the unit of measure, ROD: the left foot of the first 16 men out of church on Sunday. You could count on them being heel-to-toe at the door.

12. Obama bin Biden on October 25th, 2012 10:06 am

I wish Trump would make me that offer. It is hard to believe that we have an interloper in the WH whose been protected by his pawns in the media.