Eco-lunatic and enviro-hypocrite Ted Turner is still doing his stuff, but these comments during a discussion about more soldiers dying from suicides than in combat is even more twisted than his usual fare:

Appearing on CNN’s Piers Morgan Tonight on Wednesday’s evening, CNN founder Ted Turner said it is “good” that more U.S. soldiers are now dying by suicide than in combat.

Morgan said: “You made the point to me in the break there that more American servicemen are–

Turner interrupted: –are dying now from suicide over there than are dying in combat.”

Morgan asked: “I mean, that’s shocking isn’t it?”

“Well, what, no,” Turner said. “I think it’s good, because it’s so clear that we are programmed, and we’re born, to love and help each other, not to kill each other, destroy each other,” the media mogul said. “That’s an aberration, that’s left over from hundreds of years ago. It’s time for us to start acting enlightened.”

The clip below ends just before Nurse Ratched arrived with Ted’s meds cup, but I can’t even muster further comment on that.

Comments

16 Responses to “Ted Turner — Still Insane After All These Years”

1. SignPainterGuy on October 25th, 2012 7:17 pm

Ted is in the running for the Stoopidest and Most Despicable person classification. And they call the Governor "MoonBeam" ?! Gee whizz !

2. SignPainterGuy on October 25th, 2012 7:21 pm

O/T: Zilla Stevenson of Zilla of the Resistance is suffering from chronic, long-term Lyme Disease and now has COPD. She was admitted to the hospital on Tue. and needs our prayers and generous tip jar hits. Please keep her in your hearts and minds and help if you can ! Thanks so much !

3. archer on October 25th, 2012 7:22 pm

This sort of person stirs up such internal churning and distasteful emotions that useable words just don’t come easy, one needs to step back and take deep breaths in order to speak.

For someone to have such contempt for and to turn on the country from which they received everything they have is beyond words.

And this is the kind of person that the zero attracts and the zero seeks out for advice and support. Doesn’t that make the zero even lower on the scale of humanity for seeking to glean from such a one as this?

When this contemptible individual speaks he says volumes, not only about himself but, about the kind of people in his entourage as well.

4. backwoodsconsr on October 25th, 2012 7:23 pm

What do you expect from a man who would marry Jane Fonda?

5. jeffythequick on October 25th, 2012 7:34 pm

Somehow, I thought he was taking one for the team…

6. Granny55 on October 25th, 2012 8:21 pm

Of course he says something like this in the comfortable confines of CNN studios that he helped build under the freedom provided by our soldiers. What an absolute A$$hole. It make me just sick to my stomach that those who enjoy the fruits of what this nation allows individuals to pursue and earn can turn so ugly on those who have died here and abroad to protect that individual's right to live free, build a life and a successful business.

I actually had tears running down my cheeks when I read this article earlier today. My heart goes out to all who have lost a father, mother, child, brother, sister or friend in the military – no matter what the circumstance.

Ted Turner just needs to STFU and go away. In the mean time, as his words go viral – I don't think he will be showing his face anytime soon.

7. Doug on October 25th, 2012 9:01 pm

Thanks for the info, SPG.

8. SignPainterGuy on October 25th, 2012 9:17 pm

Yas`suh !

9. SignPainterGuy on October 25th, 2012 9:27 pm

Oh, this is too cool and it goes great on a post about a real D`Bag; some vets are buying anti-Obama ad time during the first showing of the Seal Team 6 movie ! If you didn`t know, Zero has interjected himself into the final editing of the film. http://weaselzippers.us/2012/10/25/veterans-group

Aaaaaah ha ha ha haaaaaa !

10. Marshall_Will on October 25th, 2012 11:22 pm

If that wasn't enough, he's also typical of the kind of a-hole that has greased the way for faux barricades to entry that PREVENT younger entrepreneurs from getting so much as their FOOT in the door!

He and Warren B. need to lube up for a marathon nude bocce ball tourney at Serene [chemically sedated] Estates. J@goffus Supremus…

11. JetHeadJoe on October 26th, 2012 10:35 am

Ted Turner needs to pull his lower lip over his head, and then swallow. Sheesh. No wonder Chicken Noodle News still sucks — it inherited suckdom from its founder.

12. blogc2011 on December 3rd, 2012 4:52 pm

I actually had tears running down my cheeks when I read dentist in lexington ky article earlier today. My heart goes out to all who have lost a father, mother, child, brother, sister or friend in the military – no matter what the circumstance.

13. blogc2011 on December 6th, 2012 6:34 am

If I couldn’t know for sure where this man will be spending the rest of his eternity (based on how he views and speaks about our Creator) I’d be upset. ???????

14. term papers online on February 12th, 2013 6:06 pm

Most People explore their business through online. Today most business owners promote their business on website. Nowadays every business needs proper marketing strategy to develop their business. Internet marketing is useful for those who want to promote or advertise of their products.

15. Harga Nokia on June 10th, 2013 8:10 am

nice info… thanks for sharing

16. Harga BlackBerry on June 10th, 2013 8:11 am

Nice post. I learn some thing tougher on distinct blogs everyday. Most commonly it is stimulating to learn to read content from other writers and exercise a specific thing there. I’d would rather use some together with the content in my weblog no matter whether you don’t mind. Natually I’ll provide you with a link in your web weblog. Many thanks for sharing.