For those of you keeping score at home, this means that Romney and Ryan have given over $4 billion in tax cuts to each of 120,000 families:

“But you can’t erase what you’ve already done, they’ve voted to extend tax cuts for the very wealthy, giving a $500 trillion dollar tax-cut to 120,000 families.”

Literally!

I might have been wrong to call it a “gaffe.” The Obama administration is getting so intentionally over-the-top in all their claims that this probably wasn’t an accident:

Bonus coverage of Plugs…

Biden in Ohio: Hey, how about all those political ads that are being run here in Iowa?

And yet the party that’s proud to have Biden near the top of the ticket posts a picture of Mitt Romney wearing a dunce cap?

Comments

16 Responses to “Joe Biden’s Gaffe of the Day”

1. backwoodsconsr on October 26th, 2012 7:18 pm

Joe's great mathematical skills are what made it possible for the stimulus money to be so well spent.

2. Truesoldier__ on October 26th, 2012 7:30 pm

Well he had to come up with something to counter this problem:

Bad news will greet Vice President Joe Biden when he arrives in Wisconsin Thursday night. Hours earlier, Oshkosh's largest employer announced that it will lay off 450 employees in January.

I believe this was the stop that he made the $500 trillion tax cut claim at.

3. jeffythequick on October 26th, 2012 7:35 pm

He meant to say, "kajillion."

4. archer on October 26th, 2012 8:11 pm

500 trillion?

WOW! That’s half a buffillion.
    We must have gotten our presses back from Iran to be able to print that much.

It’s seems obvious that conservatives listen to what this guy says better than liberals do.

=====

I’d like to see how many people are in back of the camera.

5. SignPainterGuy on October 26th, 2012 9:32 pm

Wow, 500 trillion, kajillion, buffillion ! That`s like, a BUNCH, Man ! Literally !

I remember when Nasty Pelousi was griping about the terrible Bush economy losing 500 million jobs a month and after being corrected, she said it again about a week later. Must`a been one of those "seriousness of the charge things" ! Anyway, I thought it fascinating that she would claim that America was losing 166% of it`s population in jobs each month.

6. jeffythequick on October 26th, 2012 10:37 pm

Speaking of math… I was doing some calculations, and here is what conservatives need to do to win the following states, and I'm assuming a 60% turnout as a basis for the Calm-you-nist Sew-shall-ist Democrat party, I use an electorate that is divided along Rasmussen's statistics, so if there is a O:51, R:49 split, there needs to be a 62.5% turnout from the R camp to win the election to counter the 60% that will (per my assumption) turn out for O:

Using statistics from Rasmussen Electoral College 10/26/2012: http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/ar
    State and (electoral votes)
    Colorado (9): 55.2% (This means only 55.2% of the R voters need to get out… I'm not reporting any others where R is ahead)
    New Mexico (5): 75.4%
    Minnesota (10): 66.52%
    Pennsylvania (20): 66.6%
    Connecticut (7): 69.33%
    Michigan(16): 69.33%
    Washington(12): 78.6%
    and the topper, California (55): 97.8% (nearly all will have to turn out, but it's possible.)

And, Pasadena Phil, if you're reading this, please don't be one of the 2.2% in CA that gives him the state. I have read your posts on MM, and I agree in principle with you, but I also agree, in principle, I have the right of way as a pedestrian on a street, but I won't try to prove my point against a car speeding through a red light that protects me.

7. archer on October 26th, 2012 11:02 pm

So, what are you saying, SPG??

That according to whiffle brain all the tax breaks the GOP has already given the rich has added up to 166% of the money ever printed by the U.S. Government?

WOW, “…That`s like, a BUNCH, Man ! Literally !”

8. SignPainterGuy on October 26th, 2012 11:26 pm

Well, since the brainiac says "You can`t make this stuff up !", I suppose that IS what I meant, even though I didn`t realize it !

9. SignPainterGuy on October 26th, 2012 11:57 pm

Well, this is an election like none other. People are motivated like never before to rid ourselves of the menace Resolute Desk Usurping Occupier. Rush said today, "The people wish the election were YESTERDAY !" I think the turnout will be unprecedented, huge percentages ! Considering that few people believe the polls, that they are far more in favor for Romney than indicated, perhaps because of some skewing, perhaps because of some lying to the pollsters, I think Mitt will take some of the states you mentioned, but 97.8% R turnout in Kali might be expecting in the rhelm of ObidenLand ! Having said that, it appears reasonable to expect some dems even in San Fran and Berkley will quietly vote for Romney. Miracles are not unheard of.

10. jeffythequick on October 27th, 2012 12:02 am

I was hoping more for TS, MW, and my areas in the Pacific Northwest.

For those of you calculating at home, the formula is:
    O%*.6/R%, where R/O are the percentages in the polls. You can use whatever turnout you like for the .6, but 60% seems to be nominal for presidential elections.

Plus, if PP is (still/ever) reading this, I meant no disrespect in what I wrote. I am not good at pleading.

11. Joe Redfield on October 27th, 2012 1:58 pm

No doubt the tax cuts were delivered at the speed of light.

12. jeffythequick on October 27th, 2012 3:56 pm

According to Andrea Mitchell, the Speed of Light is almost as fast as Felix went when skydiving…

13. Truesoldier__ on October 29th, 2012 12:27 am

I think your math may be a bit off for WA ST. We need a whole lot more than that to overcome the amount of votes they will surely find in King County….

14. blogc2011 on December 6th, 2012 6:35 am

The point here is that it is possible to win a huge landslide, and show your "my vote doesn't matter" friends that it really does, and if they don't want to vote, drag them to the booth, and give them a card with what they should vote for and buy them a beer afterward. ???????

15. Harga BlackBerry on June 10th, 2013 8:39 am

nice info

16. Harga BlackBerry on June 10th, 2013 8:47 am

Nice post. I learn some thing tougher on distinct blogs everyday. Most commonly it is stimulating to learn to read content from other writers and exercise a specific thing there. I’d would rather use some together with the content in my weblog no matter whether you don’t mind. Natually I’ll provide you with a link in your web weblog. Many thanks for sharing.