Only one of my three kids is still young enough to go trick-or-treating, and time is running out on that. So I’ll be out tonight with him enjoying one of the final go-rounds on the free candy trail — possibly confiscating a candy bar here and there for “safety check” purposes.

If you have a couple minutes, this video featuring Steven Crowder teaching trick-or-treaters all about redistributionism is worth it. Hopefully this is a lesson that stick so hard that their future college profs can’t knock it out of their heads:

(h/t Michelle)

Comments

21 Responses to “‘Happy Halloween’ Open Thread — Plus ‘How to Turn Trick-or-Treaters Into Conservatives’ Video”

1. backwoodsconsr on October 31st, 2012 4:50 pm

Boo!

2. backwoodsconsr on October 31st, 2012 4:53 pm

How did he get away with that?

3. Marshall_Will on October 31st, 2012 6:10 pm

"possibly confiscating a candy bar here and there for “safety check” purposes."

And what kind of a father would you be if you didn't! Enjoy these days Mr. P.

Crowder has a certain maniacal, genius about him that's hard to put your finger on? He's actually an important connection for younger conservatives that may not relate to people, old enough to have children of their own, a mortgage, managerial position etc.

For all our efforts, the "tune out mode" begins the minute most of us say; "my kids..!"

4. Doug on October 31st, 2012 6:28 pm

Area libs are probably getting him put on a predator list as we speak.

5. Doug on October 31st, 2012 6:29 pm

Thanks MW!

6. Marshall_Will on October 31st, 2012 7:22 pm

Yeah, I mean what kind of 'grown man' dresses up in a ridiculous outfit and tries to dupe unsuspecting and trusting children out of what is rightfully theirs?

What's REALLY goin' on under that gorilla suit? So funny the varying factions [within] the Dimmocrat Party that made for 'synergy' 2004-2009, now threaten to implode it!

Going forward can anyone see a way to be able to continue to "franchise out" extremists and haterz on the hard left and somehow reconcile that w/ employed, suburban moderates? It's not just 'this' election that's the problem. An across the board re-tooling will be necessary…

7. Truesoldier__ on October 31st, 2012 7:35 pm

I love it when liberal policies are put on display in an easy to understand way. Every time it is done you get the same reaction…WTF!!!

It is like we always said in the military….Keep it simple, stupid.

8. SignPainterGuy on October 31st, 2012 9:05 pm

HAPPY HALLOWEEN everybody ! Doug and all with TorT-aged kids, enjoy, enjoy, ENJOY !

It`s not even dark here and the little heatherns, I mean, cute little kids are out there scaring up the neighborhood.

I like Steven`s lesson there, but he should also stress the point that it is exactly what Dim`s love to do; Redistribute YOUR wealth with the income tax system !

9. backwoodsconsr on October 31st, 2012 9:08 pm

My country home will probably attract very few, if any, trick or treaters. I'll have fun eating the candy if the goblins don't show up.

10. Marshall_Will on October 31st, 2012 10:26 pm

From Breitbart:

UPDATE: Facebook Manager Andrew Noyes emailed the following to Breitbart News this morning: We wanted to follow up on the Special Operations Speaks PAC (SOS) article published on Breitbart.com last night.

"I assure you that removing the image was not an act of censorship on our part. This was an error and we apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused.
    Over the weekend, Facebook took down a message by the Special Operations Speaks PAC (SOS) which highlighted the fact that Obama denied backup to the forces being overrun in Benghazi."

Error my AZZ. I hope FB's stock get cut in HALF from the IPO price..! ( Say what..? ) Total scum. Totally defiant throughout the formation of the Co., thru the IPO only buckle like a ragdoll in the face of Teh Wun's handlers. Scum.

11. Truesoldier__ on November 1st, 2012 10:47 am

If it was such an error then why when the SoS Pac put it back up, along with the comments about it from Facebook, did they not only have it taken back down by Facebook, but also have their account suspended?

As you said, error my azz.

12. Marshall_Will on November 1st, 2012 1:10 pm

The choices are being made clear. Twitter accidentally shuts down a Conservative's account. In the midst of heated and timely exchanges. Numerous cutesy snubs to perfectly reasonable requests by every tech co. from Google to Facebook. Even when a young life is at stake, they'll elect to play the 'Policy!' game!

From inception I always felt Michelle launched "Twitchy" primarily for the POST election! As usual, the technology comes before the morality. This most recent incident gives us all the license we'd ever need to seek our OWN alternatives, ditch Facebook and the rest like the Prog-infested abandoned OWS encampment it is…

13. Truesoldier__ on November 1st, 2012 1:16 pm

Another thing that bothers me about this is what the liberals in big government may do to show just how "fair" they can be. In otherwords, I wonder if these incidents are being looked at as a win-win situation. If they shut down the Conservative accounts they silence the Conservative movement (in their eyes anyways). If Conservatives compalin enough The dems will use that as an excuse to regulate internet content in the name of "fairness" and claim they are doing it to try to "reach across the aisle".

14. Marshall_Will on November 1st, 2012 1:42 pm

Correct, and the first assertion is that it hasn't a thing to do w/ Navy Seals, Tea Partiers or soccer moms but IS in fact the handiwork of none other than Dick Cheney, Booosh or the nearest Evil Mega-Corp robber baron.

So they're justified in what they didn't do. Well, at least not intentionally! But I think we're moving past all that. Doug would know better but I believe he and MM have moved -beyond- the notion we'll ever get a fair shake from left-leaning shyster operators.

The marketing/eyeball-share potential is limitless! Look at GB's subscribers? Our in-laws have it and it's become their favorite channel! We might as well get used to paying for Conservative content. Likely fashioned after Cable. Basic, Value or Premium?

15. SignPainterGuy on November 1st, 2012 1:56 pm

As I understand it, Twitter was set up as a means for libs to communicate and likely FaceBook as well, but conservatives had the audacity to use them too. How DARE they !?

I refuse to Twit (I`ve seen friends be hammered by trolls and nearly ruined by them on Twitter), and use FB ONLY because numerous websites use FB commenting format.

Yeah, you can bet the left is using every means possible to sneak in the Fairness Doctrine or its Son, just like F&F was always for none other than to gain support for more restrictive gun control laws.

16. Truesoldier__ on November 1st, 2012 2:05 pm

You are correct. I saw yesterday that the Tea Party is launching their own news network.

17. SignPainterGuy on November 1st, 2012 2:23 pm

Fascinating that it appears on Politico !

18. Marshall_Will on November 1st, 2012 3:18 pm

Already loaded in my Faves!

Had no idea Twit was designed for OWS/Che` use [primarily]! Funny thing is, younger people are so financially bludgeoned by the ObamaBataan Death March Economy, they're dropping cell phones and internet access left & right. $5 gas saw to that!

MM's newsletter Hate Mail o' The Day is typically a 30-40+ white male and that echo chamber is already SATURATED w/ losers too lazy to show up for an OWS rally. What with it 'raining' and all?

19. SignPainterGuy on November 1st, 2012 4:07 pm

I`m surprised that young folk don`t give up their cars before their smart phones.

I saw a headline saying that phone addicts having a tuff time after Sandy – I assume that`s in NYC and elsewhere that there are still power outages !

20. Premium Offer Halloween Cute Little Trick Or Treater on May 25th, 2013 7:45 pm

[...] 'Happy Halloween' Open Thread — Plus 'How to Turn Trick-or … Responseshttp%3A%2F%2Fdougpowers.com%2F2012%2F10%2F31%2Fhappy-halloween%2F%27Happy+Halloween%27+Open+Thread+–+Plus+%27How+to+Turn+Trick-or-Treaters+Into+Conservatives%27+ . [...]

21. hopy on April 6th, 2014 9:28 am

they look so happy, I have never been so
    sadly