Suffice to say, at the moment Mayor Bloomberg is not the most popular person in New York City. The anti Big Gulp crusader has decided that Sunday’s New York marathon will go on, which has angered the locals because the race could divert resources which are desperately needed elsewhere, including police.

Did I mention New Yorkers are pissed at Bloomberg? I thought so… just checking.

With that said, yesterday Bloomberg endorsed Obama for re-election. Chances are the mayor won’t be getting a thank-you note for the endorsement — at least not as long as he appears hell bent on becoming the Big Apple’s answer to Ray Nagin.

If I didn’t know better I’d start speculating about Bloomberg being a secret Romney operative.

As for Obama’s promise to “cut through the red tape” so help gets to the storm victims as soon as possible, he failed to mention that there is some red tape he’ll never cut.

(h/t Instapundit)

Comments

24 Responses to “Think Obama Wishes Bloomberg Would Have Kept That Endorsement to Himself?”

1. Michelle Malkin » NY Mayor Bloomberg endorses a presidential candidate on November 2nd, 2012 12:55 pm

[...] Update: Under the circumstances I’m thinking Obama wishing Bloomberg would have kept that endorsement to himself. [...]

2. backwoodsconsr on November 2nd, 2012 12:56 pm

It's not the first time an unsinkable ship ran afoul of a berg.

3. SignPainterGuy on November 2nd, 2012 1:06 pm

Glenn Beck was on fire this morning over Bloomin`Idiot`s meddling and mishandling of the crisis in NYC. People are starving, homeless, being kicked out of hotel rooms because the NY Marathon is going on as usual. Glenn finally told Bloomy to "Stick it up his ass !" On live radio !

I get the impression from the officials turning away non-union electricians who`ve come to help …… perhaps this emergency is not yet dire enough ! Let `em suffer a bit longer on their own if that`s their attitude. Ray Nagin indeed !

An electrician acquaintance of mine was preparing to go to New Orleans after Katrina, but got a phone call from his Brother who`d gone down earlier. He said not to come, they don`t appreciate it. While up on a pole working to restore power, a group of thugs pointed a gun up at him, ordered him to drop his wallet, watch, ring and cell phone. When they left, he climbed down, packed up and headed home. Piss on `em !

Here` a question; will NYers forget how Bloomy is handling this mess and re-elect him again ? Gov. Christie at least postponed Halloween !

4. SignPainterGuy on November 2nd, 2012 1:08 pm

Good pun ! ;-)

5. Doug on November 2nd, 2012 1:10 pm

Bloomberg reacts to the news: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-DhU5yjP8ObY/TxJEZ0u5eAI

6. SignPainterGuy on November 2nd, 2012 1:13 pm

Glenn had an excellent idea; instead of running the regular marathon, how `bout the runners run up tall apartment bldgs. and carry water to stranded elderly and other folks on the 40th floor, etc.

There are tractor trailer generators setting up for the marathon, NOT for people who need it. The same with food and water. There`s gonna be trouble !

7. jeffythequick on November 2nd, 2012 1:52 pm

At the end of Atlas Shrugged, the strikers knew the time to leave was when New York City went dark.

I kept thinking when seeing those pictures of the lights off in Manhattan, "John Galt must be in an airplane flying away with Dagny now…"

The chaos that followed was left to the imagination, but it probably looks a lot like this video, except in a couple of days, I say, by Monday, if things aren't significantly better, the smiling girl (I can't watch the video at work) will be snarling, and we will see the worst of humanity.

This whole shituation reminds me to have:
    10 gallons of fresh water for each person in the house
    Plenty of ice in the freezer (easy to do if you have 1 gallon milk jugs. just fill them with water and put them in there. They serve two purposes: first, to keep the food frozen longer, and second, fresh water when it's melted. I'm talking an upright or chest freezer here.
    Plenty of high energy food for people to eat
    Bullets
    Something to put those bullets in, nine at a time.

8. Marshall_Will on November 2nd, 2012 1:56 pm

the Big Apple’s answer to Ray Nagin.

This will be Bloomie's legacy when he's not re-elected. Progs lose another cornerstone for The Agenda. Good for GB btw. Someone had to say it.

Brandishing a firearm on a defenseless worker, quite literally up a pole sure is a twist on trick or treating isn't it?

9. Marshall_Will on November 2nd, 2012 1:59 pm

"There are tractor trailer generators setting up for the marathon"

Got to get w/ the times you know! Back in the day Nero's fiddle wasn't amplified. This way the good citizens out in Queens will be able to hear it.

10. Marshall_Will on November 2nd, 2012 2:13 pm

Why was I expecting one of those parody-ready "Hitler reacts":

"Vhat zay TOLD me vwee vwould be zready for zuh uber-race in my honah!?"

11. SignPainterGuy on November 2nd, 2012 2:14 pm

Yes indeed ! I hope these AL. utility workers will post n tell this story everywhere so it goes viral. Unions have worn out their welcome and their usefulness long ago. They need to be shamed into non-existence ! Oh, and their dem. party connections should not be left out of the story !

My town is next to I-40; I see utility crews from here or many states away traveling in convoys towards somewhere in need frequently.

When Hurricane Hugo slammed central NC, fire fighters from here went down there to help. When the remnants of Ivan hit us, Greensboro, NC sent swiftwater rescue teams here to help us and return the favor. My Buddy / shop-parner had called me at home about midnight to come help him pick stuff up off the floor in case of flooding. I was there in less than 30 minutes but couldn`t get to him; the creek was running wild a foot deep across the highway. GB SWRT rolled up beside me after just a few minutes, set up a rope, tied up my Buddy and they walked heel to toe back thru the torrent. It was amazing. They never did ask about any union affiliation as a condition of their rescue attempts.

An out of state power crew came to help the area. They needed motel rooms, but without power, what could the motel mgr. do ? The crew got their power on first and got their rooms FREE !

12. SignPainterGuy on November 2nd, 2012 2:15 pm

Aah yes, PRIORORITIES !!

13. johna on November 2nd, 2012 2:19 pm

That only works if the freezer doesn't go out the back door. Been there. Ten feet of water kinda puts preplanning in the dumpster. But you preplan anyway. It can't wash away every time.

14. SignPainterGuy on November 2nd, 2012 2:19 pm

I have one that holds 7, one that holds 6 and another that holds 21. (I hate to shoot the one that holds 7; it hurts at both ends)

Excellent advice with the food and ice !

15. SignPainterGuy on November 2nd, 2012 2:24 pm

Heard that, saw that ! Some of the best "pre-planning" involves not living in a flood zone !

16. SignPainterGuy on November 2nd, 2012 2:26 pm

Who IS that character ?

17. Marshall_Will on November 2nd, 2012 2:32 pm

johna said,

"That only works if the freezer doesn't go out the back door. Been there."

While stationed in the Philippines, flooding outside the Base took place w/ such regularity we kept the good furniture upstairs during the rainy season. We had "typhoon parties" and relied on the 8-track fortunes. Ironically the only tape we had was Foghat "Fool For The City".

Where I really FEEL for these people is, getting "caught in a downpour" is one thing. Having nothing but wet clothes to change INTO is pure hell..!

18. Marshall_Will on November 2nd, 2012 2:35 pm

Priorities USANYC!

Velcome to zuh new Capitoll. Sush.., Czar is speaking!

19. jeffythequick on November 2nd, 2012 2:45 pm

I know, but pre-planning beats "oh crap, I should have done …" every time.

When Mrs. thequick and I are looking at houses (in the market in about 3 months…) a few things to look at:

1. Is there a stream nearby? (Streams turn into rivers at the worst times…)
    2. Has there been a flood/landslide/tsunami here in the last 100 years?
    3. Is this house higher than the other houses?

@johna, I know what you're saying, but the difference between those that are having problems, and those that aren't is those that are could have had a much easier time getting ten 5 gallon water bottles up 40 floors is using an elevator when the power was on. It kind of sucks, now.

In the upper left of Drudge:
    WNBC: Woman interviewed in high-rise city project says deteriorating conditions; People shitting in hallways…

This is 4 days post hurricane, folks. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reUi7ncHduQ

20. jeffythequick on November 2nd, 2012 4:07 pm

Doug, you're hitting the big time with HuffPo people tagging you!

21. SignPainterGuy on November 2nd, 2012 4:13 pm

Break out the party favors – DOUG HAS ARRIVED !!!

22. Doug on November 2nd, 2012 6:09 pm

BOO-yah!

23. SignPainterGuy on November 3rd, 2012 2:00 pm

Did anyone else hear this yesterday ? Nanny Bloomers is so afraid of guns that he has refused to order the Nat`l Guard into NYC because he doesn`t want anyone other than cops with guns !

Early this yr. I was listening to an interview with Daniel Hannen where he was asked about gun control in the UK and whether he thought the cops there should be armed. He replied that he did not want the cops to have that unfair advantage over the citizenry.

It seems to be a common notion among liberals; their fear of guns is so strong, so irrational that the mere presence of guns gives people an uncontrollable urge to overpower the unarmed folks, to do them harm.

24. Study Finds That Al Gore Is A Scammer | Hegelian Dialectic on November 5th, 2012 1:35 am

[...] Think Obama Wishes Bloomberg Would Have Kept That Endorsement to Himself? [...]