Okay all, we’re almost there. Time to ante up…

First up, Obama and Romney. Big Bird is nervously pacing the Green Mile for word on his fate.

My prediction: Romney wins by five nationally. Polls that show Romney/Obama tied or even Obama up by as many as four points have been consistently assuming the Democratic enthusiasm and turnout will at least as high as it was in 2008, which is why many polling firms have been oversampling Dems. The latest example is the CNN poll showing a tie nationally (Dem sample +11? Puh-leez). Based on that, if the turnout is merely even Obama’s in for a near landslide drubbing. We’ll see.

The latest national presidential polls are here for what they’re worth. State by state here. Senate races here. House races here. Governors here. But now that November 6th is almost upon us, we can throw the polls out the window. Heck, it’s possible a couple of pollsters will be jumping from windows after tomorrow is over.

Questions for discussion:

Who do you think will win the presidential election?
What will be the biggest upset of all the races?
Can Scott Brown hold off Fauxcahontas?
Will the GOP come close to controlling the Senate?
Will the GOP gain seats in the House?
Can Debbie Wasserman Schultz possibly be sent packing?

By the way, DWS has already claimed victory for Obama in Florida.

And please God don’t make us have to look at that dirtbag Alan Grayson for another hellish two years.

Sadly, I’m afraid that here locally Debbie Stabenow will cruise to victory. For some reason they love their liberal senators here in Michigan.

Extra stuff…

Here are some of the best lines from Craigslist ads from people seeking election night sex. Joe Biden’s already offered to give everybody the whole load.

And a quote from Obama hack Andrea Mitchell that will leave you with a feeling of optimism: “If Pennsylvania is in play then this is all over for the president.” I just felt a thrill go up my leg — thanks, Andrea!

While we wait for Election Day, we can watch and find out who Homer Simpson’s trying to vote for:

Comments

55 Responses to “Election Eve: Place Your Bets”

1. backwoodsconsr on November 5th, 2012 6:30 pm

Romney's going to win, and I don't think it's going to be close. His coattails will be long. The Dumbocrats will find their Congressional power greatly reduced, leaving them to lament the powers that used to be.

If DWS is sent packing, the Dems will just replace her with someone of equal intellectual ability. I have confidence in them that way.

2. backwoodsconsr on November 5th, 2012 7:10 pm

Joe Biden will be looking for a job. Maybe he could take her place.

3. Truesoldier__ on November 5th, 2012 7:22 pm

Romney will win. He will end up taking a few that Obama didn't expect when this whole thing started. I predict he will take NH, Iowa, WI, OH and PA. Not to mention NC, Viginia and Florida.

Obama will take NV, CO and MI (sorry Doug)

Romney will end up with 306 to Obama's 232

4. Truesoldier__ on November 5th, 2012 7:27 pm

Well he did say that his people told him that he would be taking a vacation after the election.

5. Marshall_Will on November 5th, 2012 7:33 pm

I hope, for MM's sake CO doesn't fall into enemy hands! We've all worked so hard. Tomorrow I promised to make the rounds in my precinct to pick up ballots. So I won't even get to have a drink until..?

At this point, a win's a WIN! I'm so far past worrying about making a statement or having a credit card that says "A clear mandate from the people!" with NO pre-set spending limit!

We're here to cut that trophy wife/mistresses cards UP. Guess what.., you've been cut off! In fact, on Mitt's "Office of the Transition" the symbol should only be an AXE! Um… and guess what's it's for..? Yo' NPR… start running!

6. Truesoldier__ on November 5th, 2012 7:50 pm

I would love to see CO go for Romney as well (hell I would love to see all 50 states go for Romney in a moment of sanity), but from what I hae heard from a friend of mine it does not look like that will happen.

As for tomorrow night, me and the Mrs will be heading out to Chehalis to watch the results. We did have an invite to the big party in Bellevue, but we figured with the prospects of what could happen when Obama loses we figured it safer to stay away from the Seattle area in general.

7. Marshall_Will on November 5th, 2012 8:37 pm

Oh..! Point well taken. Who knows when the molotov cocktails might get busted out.

Several audience members kept trying to uh… sort of re-phrase their "What do you think will happen Tuesday?" questions for Michelle. She was polite but said she'll leave the numbers crunching to the likes of Dick Morris, Rove etc. saying she tends to be more 'visceral' on these matters. ( But it looks good… )

In my personal opinion we may well see a number of purple states escalate the noise to demand they be treated like "a nation WITHIN a nation" and attempt to re-ignite The Agenda "by whatever means available". And good LUCK w/ that.

8. jeffythequick on November 5th, 2012 8:39 pm

Who do you think will win the presidential election?
    Romney, by +7 Nationally

What will be the biggest upset of all the races?
    DWS being upset by Karen Harrington or
    Todd Akin beats McCaskill
    Oregon going to Romney

Can Scott Brown hold off Fauxcahontas?
    Yes, but he won't.

Will the GOP come close to controlling the Senate?
    Yes, by one vote, Paul Ryan's

Will the GOP gain seats in the House?
    At least 6, including DWS's

Can Debbie Wasserman Schultz possibly be sent packing?
    Yes, and Joe Biden will help pack her bags

9. jeffythequick on November 5th, 2012 8:40 pm

I went to Wichta, and I'm looking for an election night party here.
    Hey Doug, Mrs. thequick gets mad when I look at those listings on Craigslist… how do you get away with it?

10. jeffythequick on November 5th, 2012 8:47 pm

One other thing:

Tonight, before you go to sleep, write down your thoughts, hopes, and dreams for the next four years. Put it in an envelope that is opened on New Years Day, 2016, and see what has come true, whomever has won.

Then,put it back in the envelope for the kids to read whenever they think that some hellish madman that promises them bread and circuses tries to woo them of their vote.

11. Marshall_Will on November 5th, 2012 8:55 pm

Many will take the whole rest of the WEEK off!

In keeping w/ scorched economy/LSM poll string pushing M.O; O'Drama is keeping self-employed to CEO's with nothing to cling to but their guns & bibles til' the last freaking possible moment.

Mid-summer's ( honestly d-o-c-m-e-n-t-e-d ) COLLAPSE would have been altogther too 'easy'. As was the case w/ extending the Bush Tax Cuts to the 11th hour as job creators sat on their wallets, hands and anything ELSE they could sit on until clarity was sacrificed effect.

Honestly, by the time a last-minute coin toss came up heads, I didn't CARE what the outcome was? When he finally managed to get off the freaking fence my biz was already toast. It's so late in the year job creators will sit on the sidelines until Mitt's swearing in. Scorch, scorch, scorch!

12. Truesoldier__ on November 5th, 2012 9:00 pm

What will be the biggest upset of all the races?
    Smith upsetting Casey in PA with the momentum from Mitt helping them both carry the state.

Can Scott Brown hold off Fauxcahontas?
    Doubt it. It was a bit of fluke that even a liberal R like Brown won in the first place.

Will the GOP come close to controlling the Senate?
    Yes, and I too think it will be 50-50 with a VP Paul Ryan as the tie breaker vote.

Will the GOP gain seats in the House?
    At least 6, including DWS's (I concur with this)

Can Debbie Wasserman Schultz possibly be sent packing?
    I think it is a strong possibility. She has proven time and time again that she is an embarrassment to her district.

13. Marshall_Will on November 5th, 2012 9:01 pm

Just for ref., my end of financial services was never really IRA's, retirement accts. etc. I was generally brought in bring expertise to businesses WORKING cap!

So while pension funds generally get funded ( by charter and/or a vote of the Board ) regardless, guys like me were thrown completely under the bus! Who in their right mind was going to swap out there funds, commercial money market, CD's ( remember them? ) or municipal bonds if they don't know what the tax implications ARE?

That hung over our heads for the better part of (2) years. How long can you hold your BREATH without generating any commissions? Sheesh…

14. Truesoldier__ on November 5th, 2012 9:07 pm

Not taking the whole week, but I am taking the 7th off. I plan on being up late and drunker than I have been in a long time regardless of the outcome.

15. backwoodsconsr on November 5th, 2012 9:30 pm

I'm off till Wednesday night, but that's my regular work schedule. I quit drinking years ago, so I don't have hangovers to deal with, but I can stay up late watching election returns and chatting on the internet. I'm primed and ready.

16. backwoodsconsr on November 5th, 2012 9:36 pm

I didn't even know DWS held a Congressional seat. I just knew she was head of the DNC. That's the job I was thinking of her being sent packing from.

Changing leaders won't help the Democrats in the long run anyway. They're peddling a defective product, which they can only succeed in selling when people have been away from it long enough to forget how crappy it is.

17. Granny55 on November 5th, 2012 9:53 pm

I am not going to make a prediction but I am optimistic. I am going to be saying lots of prayers for Mr. Romney and our country. Can't take Wednesday off because I am still working on month end figures AND getting ready for a 10 day spoiling session with my grandson in Ft. Worth so I am saving every vacation day.

I must say Mitt was not any where near my first choice but he certainly has my 100% backing now – especially with the Paul Ryan choice for VP. Then, he just slayed Ozero in the first debate and has come on so strong since then. And to top off the revenge comment by Ozero with the completely classy ad about vote for love of country…..well he is a great candidate in my eyes now. I think he will be a really great president.

I do think he is going to prevail in FL, PA, WI and would be thrilled if Michigan went for their native son. BTW has anyone seen the pics from this weekend with his grandchildren……just so down to earth and precious.

So I will have a cocktail or two watching the returns and in the morning …praying for a President Romney.

18. Granny55 on November 5th, 2012 9:55 pm

Oh – and one last thing….wouldn't it be great if Mitt took Illinois!!!! I would love to see the Hitler video remake of that one!!!!

19. Truesoldier__ on November 5th, 2012 10:03 pm

Interesting fact. When the election is held on 6th of November the R usually wins. And the wins have produced some pretty good results:

November 6 elections produced Lincoln, Harrison, McKinley, Hoover, Eisenhower, and Reagan.

20. Marshall_Will on November 5th, 2012 10:13 pm

One I'd love to see! Spoke w/ good CPA buddy back in the Western Suburbs of Chicago and after (4) + years of dour conversation even HE is looking up!

We spoke about doing a new, real estate related start-up. Which we hadn't previously even considered. Obama to the economy is the kid in your auto shop class that sabotaged your car when you were checking out tools. Hahahahaha…..

It won't take Mitt much of an effort to simply tweak it back. You disconnected my fuel line. If you remember those nerds, they were the [only] guy that thought the prank was 'funny' back then too.

21. Marshall_Will on November 5th, 2012 10:14 pm

"it will be 50-50 with a VP Paul Ryan as the tie breaker vote."

Good BYE to The Agenda too btw….

22. Marshall_Will on November 5th, 2012 10:19 pm

Or in the case of the last (2) economic bubbles, Tech AND Housing, the "wealth effect" deludes the weak-minded to believe they can throw in w/ 'em because they'll already be rolling BFSOC.

( Big Fat Stacks Of Cash ) In spite of the stereotype, it was hardly just 'Republicans' that thought they'd leave their respective demented/broke State behind when they got waved through the rent-a-cop's guard shack in the old gated community?

23. Granny55 on November 5th, 2012 10:21 pm

Oh a big feather in the cap would be dumping DWS and not bringing back that blow hard Grayson in Florida. But I think Scott Brown may eeck it out over Fauxcahontas. A bigger feather would be to defeat Debbie Stab-a-cow here in Michigan but we are always stuck with flaming liberal for Senators here in Michigan. One can only pray and hope……

24. Marshall_Will on November 5th, 2012 10:21 pm

I'm not the drunk I once 'was' ( but I'm willing to make an exception! ) Agreed, unlike your 20's, we can't shake a hangover off in a matter of hours. Now it's more like DAYS and can make for a really loooong week.

25. Granny55 on November 5th, 2012 10:29 pm

True – it is going to take more than history to get past Ozero tomorrow – we need a big turn out – which is what it is looking like – but still holding my breath. I think the young voters – out of college and out of work for the last 4 years may finally be waking up – that would be a great turn out for Mitt. I fear the military vote is being surpressed so we need to make up for that. Our greatest generation may be a big factor too.

BTW, my daughter and son-in-law registered to vote in Texas when they updated their drivers license from their move from CA to TX. She went on line today and found out her husband is registered but she is not. She is PO'd. They are both veterans – I told her to show up to vote anyway. Take a couple utility bills and at least fill out a provisional ballot.

26. backwoodsconsr on November 5th, 2012 10:34 pm

It's a bit worse for me. I'm a recovering alcoholic with 15 years of sobriety. If I picked up a drink again, I might not ever recover.

I've found that living sober agrees with me. I've done a lot of really fun things that I don't think I ever would have done as long as I had to have a case of beer handy all the time.

27. Marshall_Will on November 5th, 2012 10:39 pm

Not a THING wrong w/ praying! To be honest, and I'm sure others have said, seeing Scott Brown go ta'-thump under da' bus just doesn't feel like that much of a loss. Like MM said, "3/4 Ton Disappointment".

I think this will give our fledgling Tea Party here in Oregon a real chance to get organized and ramp up. In the early days it felt like being a party to the Underground Railroad. We all knew who one another were, but it wasn't the type of thing you'd go mentioning in public?

If the wrong person were to hear it, it could ruin your business and your life. We can come out now…. With much thanks and gratitude to all of you!

28. Marshall_Will on November 5th, 2012 10:53 pm

Good for you and congrats! What's helped me on the straight & narrow was going back in the Guard. Since the PT test is done on an age-weighted curve, even younger guys are finding you can't just go thru a case a nite then dry out for a month or so and expect to make the waist measurement.

Whatever it TAKES right?

29. SignPainterGuy on November 5th, 2012 10:54 pm

With the polling orgs using `08 enthusiasm models and D+ 11 to 16, it`s obvious the results are skewed toward the Ds. We also know that numerous groups of previously "locked-in" voting blocs are not voting for Teh One this time, though they aren`t incl. in any equations; and the fact that R enthusiasm is at a near all-time high, similar to Reagan`s reelection, there`s another factor left out, as are many of the evangelicals.

I just saw that NC is expected to turn out at 69%. I`m calling that low. Our R Gubernatorial candidate is leading by double digits; so far in fact that Gov. Perdue isn`t sharing any of her war chest with the D candidate.

I`m predicting a landslide for R&R and most down ballot races. Enough in fact that it will be seen as a mandate, a serious repudiation of Zero & Co.

It looks like, with NY, NJ voting extended for days possibly, we won`t get a winner declaration for days. I even expect there to be found boxes of electronic ballots found in car trunks, riots and shootings, court actions and some of the most childish reactions ever witnessed in election history !

I saw at The Blaze that NBCbs had another "OOPS" moment; they "accidentally" published results showing Barry won ! I also read that Team O plans to release his win early to dispirit Rs from voting tomorrow afternoon and evening ! I think that`s what early voting was all about !

30. backwoodsconsr on November 5th, 2012 10:55 pm

Exactly. And thanks.

31. SignPainterGuy on November 5th, 2012 11:10 pm

YES, studentsforobama.org just announced they are nolongerstudentsforobama. 3,000ish military personnel (active, I think) were purged in FL. You KNOW they`re PO`d !!

Excellent advice to your Daughter; proof of ID and a Provisional Ballot.

Here in NC, same-day registrations / voting is considered a provisional vote and won`t be counted for several days after the election AND THEN only if there is a very close race (I`ve heard). IMO, they should count them immediately AND check legitimacy ASAP and seek corrective action right away !

32. RosalieBreslin on November 5th, 2012 11:12 pm

In O and Michelle's warped, commie minds, O's been a resounding success. He's accomplished just what he set out to do. He just needs four more years to completely destroy our country.

33. Marshall_Will on November 5th, 2012 11:14 pm

Well, they are welcome to try every dirty trick in the book! It won't make a damned bit of difference. Not really necessarily buying into NY & NJ need all this extra time to vote?

Sounds like everyone already did! ( Was NY ever in play, or shall I say IS IT ever in play ) and I don't recall Jersey as ever being counted on by R & R? Take all the 'time' you need fella's. All this last minute deck chair reshuffle is doing is turning people away from the Dim's even more.

Every voter has tabulated 'their' projections based on relatives and co-workers. There aren't any secrets left.

34. SignPainterGuy on November 5th, 2012 11:22 pm

Proud of ya too, Buddy. Just think, you`d have NEVER climbed those 400+ steps at the Rock if you were still a drunk ! '-)

35. Carole on November 5th, 2012 11:27 pm

I don't think anything can dispirit Republicans and Romney supporters from voting, if they haven't already. It's been a long 4 plus years and it's finally time to throw the first Anti-American terrorist supporting so called "president" out on his butt and after such a long Pergatory under O, who would give up and go home?

36. Marshall_Will on November 5th, 2012 11:38 pm

"The website opens with a personal video of a young man who says he voted for Obama in 2008 because of his charisma and energy but will no longer be supporting him because he has seen no economic improvements in either his life or the life of his friends.

The website then asks you to click “continue” and the viewer is immediately re-directed to a website called “Students ‘No Longer’ For Obama.”

Does it GET any funnier than that! Good for you son!

37. Marshall_Will on November 5th, 2012 11:47 pm

And the realization many of us have arrived at in we wouldn't MAKE it another four years..! Just goes to show you how disconnected from reality he and his handlers ARE.

Give us a break already, no one is going to stop on the 5-yardline okay guys? It's not like that's even an option? So what, so we can get mutilated beyond all recognition by the groundcrew's riding mower? These are the kind of cheesy tactics that might work uh.., if they actually had any momentum?

Whatever these fraud-ready polls have been fluffing out there, is there any doubt this has been was steadily losing support/cult status since BEFORE the 2010 mid-terms? Do we really need to 'chart' that?

38. backwoodsconsr on November 5th, 2012 11:52 pm

Nope. The ice chest full of beer I would have had to bring would have been too heavy.

Getting down would have been easy enough, assuming I kept from falling down long enough to get to the top.

39. Truesoldier__ on November 6th, 2012 12:02 am

That is awesome. I know how hard it can be to overcome an addiction. I fought for years to stop smoking and am so very glad I did.

40. Truesoldier__ on November 6th, 2012 12:04 am

Now another awesome upset would be to see Oregon go for Romney and from what I have seen in the momentum it is not out of the realm of possible. Regardless of the outcome, I am sure the TP there in Oregon is causing many a NW lib to cr@p their pants over what you all have accomplished.

41. Truesoldier__ on November 6th, 2012 12:05 am

From what her constituents have said they dont think she knows she holds a Congressional seat either.

42. Truesoldier__ on November 6th, 2012 12:07 am

Totally agree. I just have a gut feeling that this is going to go the way we want, but I will not stop helping to GOTV until it is over.

43. Marshall_Will on November 6th, 2012 12:21 am

Wow, good point. She's so preoccupied w/ all her PARTY stuff, how could she be expected to actually, ya' know, 'represent' people? Debbie Disaster.

44. Marshall_Will on November 6th, 2012 12:30 am

Yeah, Mrs. Malkin noted as much when speaking at Portland State. She described the Left as "completely demoralized. Why LOOK, they didn't even have the energy to show and heckle me like they do every Conservative guest?"

More than just a change of drawers, I see a Left here not only demoralized, but humiliated! They just don't know where to take things from here and even the illegal in the back washing dishes knows Bammie supporters have been duped!

There's no edu. level or social status *required* to call a train wreck a train wreck. So many people I see in our Screech-Fest OR town PRAY I won't see them in the grocery store.

They're trying to blend themselves into the wall. A good many have GOT to rationalizing if they don't vote for Him a [2nd] time, the country 'should' recover and they won't wind up being culpable for this MESS ( right..? )

45. jeffythequick on November 6th, 2012 1:01 am

MW,

I totally agree with Carole. I think none of us will give up on the (in this case) 5mm line, and call it a good ol' college try.

Courage is knowing the doubt in your mind and pressing forward because you're doing the right thing. Courage isn't running into a burning building to save a stapler, but doing the same for your wife, family, and/or family.

I got my ballot 3 weeks ago, and Mrs. thequick and I voted the following Monday, and we saw at least 10 other people in line to drop off our ballots (drive up ballot boxes).

46. backwoodsconsr on November 6th, 2012 1:17 am

Good for you!

I quit smoking 2 1/2 years after I quit drinking, using some of the same tools I used to stay sober. Nicotine patches and Tootsie Pops were indispensible as well.

One of my AA friends told me that he had been told, by people who were in a postion to know, that the withdrawal symptoms from nicotine were worse than the withdrawal symptoms from heroin. I know I tried to quit cold turkey and less than 24 hours later the withdrawal symptoms were intolerable. I spent a month gathering my willpower again and tried it using the patch. That worked.

47. SignPainterGuy on November 6th, 2012 1:37 am

Just curious; is dem. party chair. / pres. a paid position ?

48. Marshall_Will on November 6th, 2012 1:39 am

That's what makes us Conservatives, seeing where improvements can be made and problems solved then having the courage to follow thru on them to the end! All without blaming anyone other than ourselves and HANDLING it ourselves!

While generally lumped in several groups, I feel there's as many types of alcoholics as there are people. But where I was at in the 80's could only be described maniacal. I'm talking Jim Morrison level stuff.

I see so many boomer age folks devolving into what I believe they are now describing as "Adult Onset Drinking". Folks that never really drank all that much previously but due to stress, aging issues and… the disappointments in life that suddenly find themselves "approving" of ever-increasing and alarming stages of consumption! Then like our dear Prog neighbors, often the couple will accelerate into co-dependency. Oh well, Prog's turn in the barrel huh?

49. Marshall_Will on November 6th, 2012 1:59 am

JTQ,

Nor is there courage in sabotaging an entire nation's ECONOMY in order to bring about "change". Or essentially running toward a burning building to throw more GAS on it!? All without knowing or caring how many might be struggling to get out!

Ironic FXM is doing encore showings of Cast Away w/ Tom Hanks. Wasn't he marooned for (4) years too..? There's just something cathartic about that.

50. SignPainterGuy on November 6th, 2012 2:13 am

From Doug`s new post at MM`s, Dems need to keep calm; the whole push for early voting was for the express purpose of dispiriting Repubs with his fabulous numbers, but it seems Mitt`s FABULOUS numbers are having the reverse effect. Heh heeee, the Ds are scared stoopid !

Stickin` with the landslide prediction for R&R !

51. Marshall_Will on November 6th, 2012 2:17 am

Oh WOW! Seriously, that was the 'plan'?

These guys could screw up a (2) car funeral. Virtually everything the handlers have tried to even KEEP this guy in the race has backfired. Meet ya' over there!

52. SignPainterGuy on November 6th, 2012 2:30 am

Obama`s BACKFIRE NATION !

There`s a conservative org called "Grassfire Nation" that seems to understand what "forward" really means and so far hasn`t backfired !

53. Marshall_Will on November 6th, 2012 2:49 am

Grassfire looks pretty cool. Like "Change.org" only it makes sense!

Tomorrow, we can be America again. And Meanchelle will have to go back to ashamed of it! Oh well..?

54. SignPainterGuy on November 6th, 2012 3:01 am

The "change" the left talks about is backward in reality, just like their "forward!". It `s like changing back into dirty clothes that looked dorky and ill-fitting in the first place !

55. Election Day Special Sticky Post: If All You See… » Pirate's Cove on November 6th, 2012 12:17 pm

[...] Doug Powers says to place your bets [...]