When Obamacare was passed, a lot of people said things like “wait until it starts being implemented — it’ll kill jobs, people will hate it and take it out on Dems at the polls.”

That would of course be how it would go down in a place where logic rules the day. Sadly, we are no longer in that place, and we have now pierced the outer atmosphere for a descent into full-blown Idiocracy. Evidence of that can be found in the early reaction to businesses preparing for the implementation of Obamacare.

From the time Obamacare was signed into law, it became clear that Obama and the Democrats had figured out how they’d handle the inevitable backlash: Make sure anger from their sub-stupid base is directed at those businesses being forced into cutting worker hours and issuing layoff notices and not at the people who are responsible for enacting the economy-crippling laws in the first place.

So far that approach is working like a charm.

Class warfare… we ain’t seen nuthin’ yet. The next four years will eventually come to be known as the “going Galt” epoch in 21st century American history.

Comments

18 Responses to “Democrats’ Strategy on Re-Directing Obamacare Backlash Working Like a Charm”

1. SignPainterGuy on November 11th, 2012 9:40 pm

Obama: "The best is yet to come !"

Best ? I do not think that word means what he thinks it means ! It certainly isn`t the word I would use !

2. backwoodsconsr on November 11th, 2012 9:52 pm

Liberals believe government has enough money to give them everything they want, and businesses have enough money to meet whatever demands government and unions place on them.

If that were indeed true, it was not necessary for government to bail out General Motors, because as a business they have so much money that they can pay for anything. Also, government should pay the costs for implementing whatever regulations are imposed on business, because government has enough money to pay for everything liberals want.

3. SignPainterGuy on November 11th, 2012 9:56 pm

That`s right; that "Magic Stash" !

Tell those same libs that businesses don`t pay taxes, their customers do – you get that blank stare, it doesn`t get thru !

4. backwoodsconsr on November 11th, 2012 10:24 pm

I intend to try the point I made above on some liberals and see what effect it has. I know there are a lot of them who are too muleheaded to even look at it, but I think the point is good enough that for some of them it might crack the door open enough to let that first glimmer of daylight in. Maybe at least they'll remember it and it'll cause a little bit of doubt to gnaw at their minds.

At the time MM implored her readers to keep fighting, I was too kicked in the gut at the prospect of living in poverty for four more years to feel like fighting. But apparently I can never really stop fighting, and my way of doing it is to talk to the ones who are willing to listen and see if I can get through. It would only take a small percentage of change in thinking to swing the pendulum back the other way.

5. SignPainterGuy on November 11th, 2012 10:46 pm

I wish you luck ! If the ones you talk with are still employed and would really prefer it that way, you have a head start !

6. backwoodsconsr on November 11th, 2012 10:56 pm

Most of the people I see these days are at work, so yes they are employed. There are a lot of liberals working the unionized railroad business, but fortunately there are some sensible people too. Most people seem to be taking a break from discussing politics since the election, but it still comes up occasionally. I'll take the opportunities as I get them. However, these people are not likely to lose their jobs, as the railroad is a stable and profitable business. That's why it behooves me to keep my job hauling those guys around, as my job is secure as long as I don't screw up.

7. SignPainterGuy on November 12th, 2012 2:12 am

Then by all means, don`t screw up !

8. Marshall_Will on November 12th, 2012 3:29 am

"If that were indeed true, it was not necessary for government to bail out General Motors,"

Correct Sir. "Cash Cow business models" exist primarily in the minds of tax-happy d-bag progressives. Just as an example, so many of the CRE's ( Commercial Reat Estate Trusts ) I've consulted w/ over the uh… most of my adult LIFE ) all say the same thing!:

"KeyRIST Marshall.., do yo REALLY think we want to be leveraged out to the 9's like this..? Truth is, if we sit on cash and staunchly refuse to re-invest, our competitors will see us as weak and we become takeover targets..!"

( See Simplicity Sewing Patterns/Sara Lee for all the more explanation you'll ever need! ) Sara Lee acquired Energizer batteries? Really? My sisters had a Suzy Homemaker OVEN that worked on a flashlight bulb so uh.. I guess it makes sense?

9. Marshall_Will on November 12th, 2012 3:42 am

SPG,

According to the Prog truthspeak of the last decade.. +, certain corp. taxes may or may NOT be passed on to the Consumer. Progtopia ( Demos.org/Crooks & Liars etc. ) couch that only certain inelastic items are passed on to you & me.

Others are Corps' ALONE to eat in, unbelievably, an ever increasingly Oligarchy-run world! So when individual States MANDATE a "tire disposal tax" DIRECTLY upon the Consumer, it's only a reflection of the "value" we receive as citizens?

In truth, (1) ONE tire/rubber "recycling" company can provide all the product we'd ever imagine for shred/fill/recycled rubber athletic tracks/shop mats/road bitimus. So… why does each State need to implement that very same "tax"?

Apply liberally to affected area, lather, rinse repeat…

10. backwoodsconsr on November 12th, 2012 11:31 am

"Cash Cow business models"

I'll have to remember that phrase. It gets to the point very nicely.

11. @keyboardjockey1 on November 12th, 2012 12:48 pm

Democrats "Winning"

12. jeffythequick on November 12th, 2012 2:52 pm

Who is John Galt?

13. Marshall_Will on November 12th, 2012 3:29 pm

Uh… you're 'kidding' right? We'll see the 'winning' when Cali's progressives and their new found supah majority impose every punitive tax measure under the sun, driving businesses ( yet again ) over to Texas and parts unknown….

14. Marshall_Will on November 12th, 2012 3:37 pm

JTQ,

Can there BE any doubt? I'll be attending our GOP event tomorrow and… I'm thinking this won't be pretty. I'm fully prepared to be called upon to help drag an angry, pitchfork toting MOB off our State chairman. Our local PCP has no doubts he'll be ousted. As for myself, he should consider himself lucky if that's 'all' that happens to him.

For all her pleas for calm, order and "keeping our chins up", even MM would be surprised at the levels of recrimination out there. Knowing corp's and org's the way that we do, you can't take a drubbing from the competition like this without -someone- going under the bus.

It's just better for all parties concerned if they do so willingly.

15. SignPainterGuy on November 12th, 2012 8:09 pm

We didn`t necessarily lose the election, we got beaten by Santa Claus, social media, the msm. and more than a little voter fraud.

Team O spent a ton of $ on Univision and Telemundo telling poor Mexicans to come here and get free stuff. Young people who have been indoctrinated into the soc-ial-ist way saw O`s agenda as Utopia-on-a-Stick (pocket the utopia and then beat the right with the stick). The Est. R`s action to eliminate the Libertarians with their second-to-none social networking skills from the convention left the left in charge of spreading THEIR message and us with so few experts to carry the torch. Romney did little wrong besides starting so slowly (didn`t hammer O or the rest of the left till debate #1) and didn`t get his message of conservatism out till then. The left had him branded a disconnected rich guy very early on. Then some voters on the right just would not vote for a Mormon and / or saw him as not conservative enough and just stayed home. They were enough to have taken the popular vote.

We got beat !

16. jeffythequick on November 12th, 2012 9:08 pm

From Wikipedia (and it's accurate…):
    The book's (Atlas Shrugged) opening line "Who is John Galt?" becomes an expression of helplessness and despair at the current state of the novel's fictionalized world.

Pretty much sums it up…

17. SignPainterGuy on November 12th, 2012 9:59 pm

Waiting eagerly for the DVD release of "AS II".

As it seems today`s America closely resembles the fictional one in "AS", and knowing it from my own perspective, I must add to "helplessness and despair" with "fed up and a resolve not to participate in the rape".

18. ChapBix on November 13th, 2012 10:00 pm

Dems – peeling the layers of the onion back one layer at a time. We're all weeping before the core is reached.