So far today I’m too busy with unrelated business to focus on any sort of lengthy post, so here’s an open thread to talk about the news of the day.

A few things for possible discussion:

–David Petraeus testified today that the CIA talking points on Benghazi were edited to play down terrorism and that the agency knew almost immediately it was a planned terrorist attack. Susan Rice was then sent out to sell those bogus talking points to the public — probably so the attack didn’t make the administration’s “Bin Laden is dead and GM is alive” sound premature with the election just around the corner. Nothing like playing politics with four dead Americans.

–Pelosi: “Is it the 11th Amendment? 14th? Whatever.” You’ll have to read the constitution to find out what’s in it, Nancy.

–A petition at the White House website calling for Obama’s impeachment now has surpassed the minimum signature threshold to make the White House to review and comment on it. I’m guessing that one, like the Texas secession petition so far, just gets ignored.

–HuffPo accused of publishing Kremlin propaganda. Is that supposed to be news?

–Big surprise: State controlled by nutball liberals leads the nation in poverty.

–Finally, Hostess — makers of fine spongy things with creamy stuff made of God-knows-what in them — is shutting down operations because the union wouldn’t accept an 8 percent pay cut. Over 18,000 are out of work and the union will consider this a “win.”

Someday soon Americans will be desperately searching for the last box of Twinkies:

Comments

15 Responses to “Friday Open Thread & Twinkie Hoard”

1. backwoodsconsr on November 16th, 2012 8:22 pm

Damn! The unions killed off Twinkies and Obamanomics destroyed the wealth I need to rush out and buy any.

*Sigh*

What's a poor man's sweet tooth to do?

2. SignPainterGuy on November 16th, 2012 8:33 pm

I don`t understand the difficulty in determining who changed the talking point from, terrorists to extremists and then to the video. Did no one stand outside the closed-door meeting with a microphone and camera ? Remember Iran-Contra ?

Nasty Pilousi …. read the Constitution ? What, is she supposed to have two lawyers on staff to read that stuff or something ? Ppppfffffffftf ! The 11th and 14th Amendments deal with citizenship rights and suing states n stuff; she can`t admit to knowing about THAT !

The "impeachment" and "secession" petitions will definitely be ignored, at least for their intended purposes; they WILL however be added to PBO`s "Enemies List". Bet on it !

Cali leads the nation in poverty now ? Is that because they can`t beat the DC area for highest income residents ?

Trumka is blaming republicans and Bain Capital for Hostess closing; even the Teamsters recognize it`s the fault of the bakers union. Gee Whizz !

Thanks Doug; now I know where the quote, "Nut up or shut up !" came from !

As I was trying to leave the Burger King parking lot this afternoon, I had to yield to a woman leaving the drive thru lane. She looked at me for a long moment, like maybe she likes bearded men, but then she looked down toward my America Flag tag and I`d swear she smirked. Then I noticed the Obama / Biden and PROUD DEMOCRAT stickers on the paint of her SUV-tailgate. Am I wrong, did she think to herself, "Hah, we beat your stinkin` Patriotism !" ?

3. SignPainterGuy on November 16th, 2012 8:36 pm

You are just surrounded by rocks n hard places !

4. backwoodsconsr on November 16th, 2012 8:40 pm

Hmmm…..

Some Rock Candy would be nice.

5. SignPainterGuy on November 16th, 2012 8:55 pm

Speaking of The Rock; they had to close the Falls trail because of landslides and wash outs after heavy rains a couple days ago. May take a couple months for repairs. It damaged a foot bridge too. Not sure which one.

6. backwoodsconsr on November 16th, 2012 9:24 pm

They'll have it fixed by the time we get there again. I just checked the website. I want to get some photos from above the Rock. That does seem to be the classic view of it.

I still haven't processed any of the photos from our river hike. Maybe I'll get myself in gear on that before long.

7. backwoodsconsr on November 16th, 2012 9:25 pm

BTW, Rock Candy is still available from Amazon. I'd have to buy it in bulk. I don't think I'm hankering for it that much.

8. SignPainterGuy on November 16th, 2012 10:01 pm

Yeah, I want some pix from the highest point too.

9. backwoodsconsr on November 16th, 2012 10:25 pm

Google Earth has photos from a trail to the top of the falls, but the website doesn't show it. The views would be spectacular if that trail is still available. I hope they haven't closed it.

10. SignPainterGuy on November 16th, 2012 10:50 pm

I want to see (and walk along) that trail on the bare rock face w/ the fence railing. That looks like where the fight scene took place in "Last of the Mohicans", sans fence of course.

Thanks for the link !

11. Obama bin Biden on November 17th, 2012 1:43 am

The illiterate head union flunkie, Dick Trumka blames Mitt Romney for this.

12. Obama bin Biden on November 17th, 2012 1:44 am

Talk about the virus killing the Hostess.

13. Joyanna Adams on November 17th, 2012 3:28 am

Nothing has changed…Nancy didn't know the Consitution when they wrote it either.

We could forgive her for brain botox poisoning if she didn't have the gavel..

Wait…she HAD the gavel. What is she going to forget next? That she lives in the USA?

Oh..Obama bin Bidan: …Michael Reagan blames the Tea Party, for Mitt losing the election.

I'm so glad the Twinkies are not going to live to see what's happened to their country.

14. backwoodsconsr on November 17th, 2012 10:37 am

Very well put.

15. Truesoldier__ on November 18th, 2012 1:57 pm

I gave it some thought and have come up with the way to work the idea I had the other day for states to adopt an electoral college approach to elections.

Each state already has a set number of EC votes so I propose that each Congressional district gets 1 vote that would be awarded to whichever candidate/issue that district voted for. The 2 EC votes represented by the state Senators would be awarded to the popular vote for the candidate/issue being voted on.