estrich

Don’t you just feel so sorry for her? Me neither:

Within days of winning the election, President Obama announced that his victory gave him a mandate to raise taxes on the “rich.”

Come again? This was a two-and-a-half-point election. It reflected a painfully divided electorate. The only mandate I saw was to unite a divided country.

I voted for Obama. I voted for him because I know how hard it is to buy health insurance for a single person with even a minor pre-existing condition. In the case of my nanny/housekeeper/dear friend, it was gastritis. Thank God for Kaiser, which sold me the insurance that some years later saved her life when she was diagnosed with cancer. So call it what you will, but I did not want to see Obamacare repealed.

Years after I stopped worrying about unwanted pregnancies, I did not want to risk Roe v. Wade. I was appalled that contraception could even be an issue. I believe that whoever wants to marry should have a right to do so regardless of their sexual orientation. I voted for Obama because I worry about cutting back on environmental regulation. I voted for Obama because I believe local schools need help from the federal government, because I believe we are one country, and that if there is an earthquake in California, we will need as much help from our fellow states — which is to say the federal government — as New York and New Jersey do in dealing with the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. I voted for Obama because he ended the war in Iraq and is committed to ending the war in Afghanistan.

I did not vote for Obama because I think I am paying too little in taxes.

She also must have voted for Obama because she’s… a moron.

Comments

34 Responses to “Susan Estrich: I Voted for Obama, But I Didn’t Know He Was Gonna Raise My Taxes!”

1. jeffythequick on November 20th, 2012 6:20 pm

Susan, I didn't realize that being a dumb-a$$ counted in the same realm as diabetes. My mistake. I hope you find someone that will do a pity marriage for you. I hear there are still some fellas that are still in the closet that need a beard.

2. backwoodsconsr on November 20th, 2012 6:21 pm

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.

And I know she probably can't help it, but that woman has the ugliest voice I've ever heard.

3. Truesoldier__ on November 20th, 2012 6:24 pm

This moron is part of the larger problem. She wants all the stuff, just as long as she doesn't have to pay for it.

4. jeffythequick on November 20th, 2012 6:28 pm

It's a toss up between her, Hillary, and DWS.

5. Marshall_Will on November 20th, 2012 6:59 pm

At least the others are consistent. Notice how the day after the election she exudes a confident, gloating Jiu- Jitsu Mandate tone:

6. SignPainterGuy on November 20th, 2012 7:43 pm

Oh, get real BWC; Obama Phone Lady`s voice is WAY more obnoxious than this gal`s !

Thankfully we don`t get OPL thrown in our faces every few days like Shrillary, DWS and Susan "Too Much" Estrich-en.

7. SignPainterGuy on November 20th, 2012 7:50 pm

Let`s hope being a dumb-a$$ never achieves illness / disease status (though arguably it is), the entire GDP will be shot on their treatment !

8. Marshall_Will on November 20th, 2012 8:00 pm

Not sure what's worse, having the same Mommy & Daddy's credit card college kid mentality or being a 'Jew' that got duped into voting for Obama in essence insuring the end of Israel as we know it?

Since election's end, many posters have noted these well educated ( yeah, really! ) well connected Jews have become a true embarrassment to Israelis facing Jihad on a very personal, daily basis.

Why isn't she dedicating an entire column on that?

9. SignPainterGuy on November 20th, 2012 8:17 pm

Wow, the woman actually has a blog on Creatorsdotcom ! I guess that means she actually has readers. I can`t see it as other than mock-worthy fodder.

10. Marshall_Will on November 20th, 2012 8:31 pm

Nor can we. For someone that was married to a speech writer ( Marty Kaplan ) none of it apparently rubbed off? I'll read Joyanna Adams' blog over hers any day.

We talked about a total makeover at FN, start with Susan. Being 'confused' about P'BO's spin on taxation issues might be understandable. His loyalty to the MB should not.

11. SignPainterGuy on November 20th, 2012 10:25 pm

"Nobody" DOES make sense ! ;-)

12. Marshall_Will on November 20th, 2012 10:42 pm

Her "Plotting a Cranky New Course" well deserved a re-post at MM's! My great fear was Hannity and many others would positively burn OUT conservative leaning voters over a uh… 2+ year long period?

Well, he DID IT. Couldn't you just FEEL people's energy and fight being sucked out of the country coming down the home stretch? How long can any of us stay that angry, regardless the level of abuse?

And I want to be clear here, I've never lumped MM into the "cashing in/kahching" crowd. She'd always been reluctant to talk about specific candidates ( excels at ISSUES and facts ) and holds off on anything resembling an 'endorsement' until way late in that cycle.

Sean beat her up to commit and she just wouldn't take the bait. That takes discipline. So my recrimination isn't directed at her. But there's plenty out there that EARNED it.

13. jeffythequick on November 20th, 2012 11:10 pm

Honestly, I thought she'd blame it on the last guy that was in office…

14. backwoodsconsr on November 21st, 2012 12:21 am

I thought about saying she had the most grating voice I ever heard, but then I realized that's Obama's.

15. SignPainterGuy on November 21st, 2012 12:22 am

She may have forgotten or even SHE is tired of it ! Nah, she forgot !

16. norrin on November 21st, 2012 1:38 am

she was worried about unwanted pregnancies?? someone was nailing that??? Ewwww!!!

17. Nate on November 21st, 2012 3:52 am

Right there, folks, is the poster child for the 47%.

18. jeffythequick on November 21st, 2012 2:01 pm

That is the definition of "unwanted pregnancy" from looking twice at her all the way through the delivery room.

19. SignPainterGuy on November 21st, 2012 2:50 pm

I can just see it; the unhappy, but concerned Dad passing out brown paper bags for all the delivery room staff !

20. jeffythequick on November 21st, 2012 3:22 pm

Why not just one, for her head?

I'd want ear plugs too.

21. SignPainterGuy on November 21st, 2012 3:31 pm

The "Dad" can`t be very smart. He did after all ……

22. backwoodsconsr on November 21st, 2012 4:07 pm

She almost got kidnapped once when she was a teenager. Two men with guns in their hands came in the house while her parents weren't home. They took one look at her and blindfolded themselves.

23. SignPainterGuy on November 21st, 2012 4:51 pm

Her parents had ulterior motives for leaving her home alone, but the home invaders / kidnappers kept bringing her back !

24. backwoodsconsr on November 21st, 2012 4:56 pm

Her parents had gone out to get some more pork chops to hang around her neck so the dog would play with her.

25. SignPainterGuy on November 21st, 2012 5:13 pm

BREAKING: Shrillary – Egyptian Peace / Cease Fire deal between Israel and Hamas has just gone into effect. Hamas will now begin rearmament without fear of being hammered by Israeli defensive bombs and missiles.

The MB, Egypt and probably even Israel will now receive $Millions of US aid moneys !

26. SignPainterGuy on November 21st, 2012 5:16 pm

PETA, the Humane Society and Dogs Without Chains called to the Estrich home again after reports of dogs chained …. inside the house ….. preventing their escape !

27. backwoodsconsr on November 21st, 2012 5:34 pm

When asked about the pork chops, one dog replied, "You see what I have to do to get a little food around here?"

28. SignPainterGuy on November 21st, 2012 5:39 pm

Estrich family neighbors stopped coming over for movie nights; they lost interest in watching super-8s of Susan eating the dog food.

29. Marshall_Will on November 21st, 2012 5:45 pm

Bought off w/ 'money' we didn't have in the first place.

Notice how when it's a Rep. in the WH we're "meddling in foreign affairs" but..? All the O'stration is trying to do is manage the *global* news cycle and make sure the whole WORLD is onboard with the same NLAGCGTW 'heroics'.

Lame Cherry has been hammering on this for some time. And it makes perfect sense. By collaborating w/ the MB they'll control the flow arms, aid, food, currency and oil as well.

30. Truesoldier__ on November 21st, 2012 6:27 pm

Reminds me of an IDF soldier I met once while in Europe. He said they could always tell when the terrorist groups were out of ammo, becuase they would quickly reach a cease fire agreement.

This time it is worse if you ask me. The cease fire agreement came hours after the bus bombing. You know darn well Hamas is claiming that the bombing broke the will of Isreal and forced them into a cease fire agreement. That will be the news around the ME for some time and will only encourage agression from other groups in the area, to include Hezzbollah and the MB.

31. SignPainterGuy on November 21st, 2012 8:47 pm

The "oil" in question, to be controlled, will no doubt be prohibitted from coming TO the USA while the "currency" will come largely FROM the USA.

32. SignPainterGuy on November 21st, 2012 8:58 pm

Rush pointed out the same as your IDF soldier acquaintance; Hamas calls for and agrees to cease-fires when they are losing and use the time of relative peace to rearm and fortify. Of course they never admit their own culpability in hostilities and jump to claim "falsely" that Israel is losing.

33. Marshall_Will on November 21st, 2012 10:03 pm

Well, it 'could' be they're running out of ammo. OTOH, it's possible they're running low on JIHADISTS?

34. SignPainterGuy on November 21st, 2012 10:25 pm

After the Israelis took out the Hamas HQ and homes and facilities in Sudan, all of which were also ammo storage depots, and numerous jihadis in the process, I`d say it`s BOTH !

I learned about Iron Dome before it was public knowledge it existed. It works like the Patriot Missile Defense System in that it knocks down incoming missiles, but it also tracks the incoming missile`s path back to its origin / launch site and can put another missile right on target. The Israelis are decent enough to look first to see if that target is crawling with civilians, which it often is ….. and besides, how does a civilian look different from a jihadi ?