You will be surprised and disappointed to learn this video has nothing to do with Joe Biden:

Obama didn’t stop at simply absolving and pardoning the turkey either — shortly after this video ended the president reminded the bird that it is now entitled to an ObamaPhone™ and free contraceptives for life.

(h/t Weasel Zippers)

Comments

12 Responses to “Obama Pardons and Absolves Turkey”

1. Truesoldier__ on November 21st, 2012 7:44 pm

You forgot to mention he also registered the bird as a Democrat for the next election cycle.

2. backwoodsconsr on November 21st, 2012 7:55 pm

He could have just let the bird die and made sure he would vote Democrat.

3. SignPainterGuy on November 21st, 2012 8:31 pm

pRes. Double-Downgrade also threw in a campaign slogan, saying the birds would now "Move Forward" to a safer place.

4. Marshall_Will on November 21st, 2012 10:04 pm

Lol, don't go giving them any ideas!

5. Marshall_Will on November 21st, 2012 10:13 pm

Speaking of the Double D, daughter #1 dropped by and was having issues getting cashed out of her old State pension plan and asked me to.., "see what I couldn't do"?

No sooner do we get the guy on the phone and we're getting the 3rd deg. "You can't just liquidate at the drop of a hat!" routine. You could TELL the minute you're speaking w/ anyone from the State/DMV etc. that they're having a RASH of calls b/c the conversation is invariably taken directions that ( while probably 'accurate' ) have no BEARING on what you asked!

Very, very typical prog/troll semantic approach. Switch gears to something they 'are' versed in, repeat, only progressively loUDDDER! until you become quite agitated, assert 'you' are being rude and uh… declare 'victory'! Sound familiar?

With all the layoffs and gov. employees in ( shocked faces, please! ) in dire straights, these people must be getting HAMMERED w/ calls.

6. SignPainterGuy on November 21st, 2012 10:38 pm

I hope all is worked out in your / her favor and NOT theirs.

Shortly after I got POA over Mom`s acct., I needed to customize things to make it easier for me and My Sis (I control her estate, Sis, in another state, controls Mom`s Assisted Living care), but the bank started balking. The last time, the bank VP just happened to overhear what I was asking for and stepped in to explain their resistance. I took that opportunity to remind him of the size of her acct, my POA authority and "The very next time I hear 'NO', I`ll withdraw every dime and move it up the street; they`ve been after me for a while!"

I have never heard "NO" again from them.

7. Marshall_Will on November 22nd, 2012 12:12 am

SPG,

Sounds so familiar I needed toothpicks to prop my eyelids open. See, these firms truly, TRULY view them as "their assets". The problem 'I' see is there aren't enough old-time hard @$$es to go around and everyone in the financial industry simply refuses to work w/ anyone that isn't 100%, eating out of their HAND compliant!

This is why the [impending] 401K/IRA gov-takeover will go off without so much as a whimper. It'll be over before we knew what hit us. I'd suggest…?

These clowns at OPERS can spin it how they like but a 180 day waiting period to rollover your IRA is anything but 'reasonable'. It's no secret the Fed is propping up the 2nd Term Disappointment stock market and the last thing they need right now is "bank run" mass liquidations from gov. employees to boot!

8. SignPainterGuy on November 22nd, 2012 12:22 am

"Sounds so familiar I needed toothpicks to prop my eyelids open."

Sorry, didn`t mean to bore you, but it`s such a neat story, I wanted to hear it again myself ! ;-)

If we had our `druthers we`d take just what we need, ala "It`s a Wonderful Life", but with pRes. Grabby Fingers killing the Golden Goose, we want our money where we have control of it ! And YES, it`s OUR money !

9. Marshall_Will on November 22nd, 2012 2:15 pm

Happy Thanksgiving all..!

SPG, I worked at an investment firm RIGHT next door to an Estate Attorney. We'd have new clients come in at least once a week w/ ( and I kid you not ) paper shopping bags FILLED w/ stock 'certificates'!

Still recall the branch manager salivating over the commissions and fees he'd hoped they'd generate. Never take what I say personal, but given this is Turkey Day, it was like telling a guy that works in a poultry processing plant about 'the time' you killed a gobbler!?

In any event, enjoy the parades, good luck to the Lions and enjoy!

10. SignPainterGuy on November 22nd, 2012 2:39 pm

HAPPY THANKSGIVING Doug and ALL my friends here at TPTB ! May GOD Bless and Keep you all safe and happy !

I stumbled on this story at Drudge just now and now I`m confused. YES, that would be "again" ! ;-)
    I heard on radio that the Poultry-Pardoner-in-Chief actually pardoned TWO (2) turkeys. Naturally, Doug`s post about only ONE left me wondering if perhaps Teh Won Again performed two separate ceremonies, like his original swearing in. According to Rush, one of the turkeys was named "Gobbler" (I missed the other`s name). SO, when I read this story that named them "Peace" and "Liberty", I was surprised and then disappointed that one, "Peace", had been euthanized after an illness over the weekend. Wait a minute, when WAS the pardoning ceremony ? Was Barry`s promise that the turkey(s) would live out their days in safety and pampered luxury just another lie ? http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/national/peace-turke

I`m confused !

OK, OK, NOW I`m up to speed. Peace And Liberty were LAST YEAR`s pardon recipients, but there`s still a disturbing aspect to this tragedy; pRes. Reverse Midas Touch has struck again. Peace is Dead !

Prophetic ?

11. Marshall_Will on November 22nd, 2012 3:15 pm

Yes, and whatever became of 'Liberty'?

12. SignPainterGuy on November 22nd, 2012 3:32 pm

According to the story, it is living the pampered life at Mt. Vernon where George Washington lived out his Golden Years. Perhaps THAT is somewhat prophetic as well; "Liberty" is being kept away from common use and experience !