thanksgivingfunny

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you, especially our band of regular readers and commenters who have helped keep the conversation interesting, intelligent, snarky, enlightening, funny, pointed and genuinely entertaining. It’s been our busiest year ever, and the year isn’t even over yet. 2013 will bring some changes, and for the better. I’ll keep you posted on those changes as developments, uh… develop.

Today is a day for family, and I hope all of you get a chance to spend some time with yours. I’ll be joining my family in a great dinner and our annual tradition of yelling at the TV during the Lions game.

In a related story, Sir Paul McCartney has called on Americans to celebrate a turkey-free Thanksgiving. I’m going to disappoint him tremendously. A brit trying to tell us what to do was the reason we declared independence in the first place, so Sir Paul’s request now warrants having an extra helping of the big tom.

In an unrelated story, here’s your laugh for the day: MSNBC President Phil Griffin said his network has “never been the voice of Obama — ever.”

No, not at all:

MSNBC’s coverage of Romney during the final week (68% negative with no positive stories in the sample), was far more negative than the overall press, and even more negative than it had been during October 1 to 28 when 5% was positive and 57% was negative.

For Obama, meanwhile, the coverage improved in the last week. From October 1 to 28, 33% was positive and 13% negative. During the campaign’s final week, fully 51% of MSNBC’s stories [about Obama] were positive while there were no negative stories at all in the sample.

Among the many things I’m thankful for this year is the MSM’s laughable denial of the painfully obvious.

In closing, I’ll get back on point. Here’s George Washington’s 1789 Thanksgiving proclamation — let’s not forget what it’s all about (h/t Right Michigan):

Comments

8 Responses to “Happy Thanksgiving, and Apologies in Advance to Sir Paul”

1. The Zoo Keeper on November 22nd, 2012 2:48 pm

Best way to start off the day: read Washington's Thanksgiving Proclamation.

Happy Thanksgiving, to all!

2. The Zoo Keeper on November 22nd, 2012 2:50 pm

- Just scrolled all the way down and saw the video link.

3. SignPainterGuy on November 22nd, 2012 3:26 pm

HAPPY THANKSGIVING Doug and all my friends here at TPTB ! May GOD Bless and Keep you !

I don`t care what Sir Paul McCartney thinks or wants. GOD didn`t put me at the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian. HE made animals tasty and nourishing for an obvious reason; HE MEANT for us to eat them !

That being said, veggies DO go very well with turkey; as do grains and certain fruits and nuts ! MmmmMMMmmm !

4. Marshall_Will on November 22nd, 2012 3:33 pm

Thank GOD I was always ( and remain to this day ) a STONES fan! We'll stuff our turkeys Sir Paul, you go stuff YOURSELF.

Great clip of Mick and the Boys circa 1972.

5. SignPainterGuy on November 22nd, 2012 3:41 pm

MessNBCbs and its Pres. are full of "it" as the Thanksgiving Turkey; the difference being, turkey tastes good and is beneficial for human consumption !

6. SignPainterGuy on November 22nd, 2012 3:48 pm

Two of my friends, brothers, were huge Stones fans. The older bro. brought back from the Philippines after Vietnam a big Panasonic home stereo system and every Stones album avail. at the time (and the Moody Blues). We listened to them almost non-stop. Since none of us could understand the words and the albums didn`t incl. the lyrics, the younger bro. would sit for hours replaying songs and transcribing. It was fascinating how he could cypher it; I could not !

7. SignPainterGuy on November 22nd, 2012 11:05 pm

I like the turkey under the lampshade pic, Doug. Often, the best place to hide is in plain view !

8. Nancy Hill on November 25th, 2012 3:56 pm

Sir Paul was not trying to tell anyone what to do. He was asking all of us to be more considerate & thoughtful of the choices we make. As humans we do have all the power. If we are thoughtless about our deeds & consume what the earth has to offer with impunity, the consequences could be disastrous. Not just to the planet & the animals but to ourselves as well. I could site the vast amount of scientific research that proves that animal meat is actually more harmful than helpful to the human body, but that's a discussion for another day.