Surprisingly, this doesn’t have anything to do with something Chris Matthews said during his pre Thanksgiving dinner prayer.

During the Soul Train Awards show that aired last night, actor/comedian Jamie Foxx said this:

“It’s like church over here. It’s like church in here. First of all, give an honor to God and our lord and savior Barack Obama. Barack Obama,” Foxx joked.

Not to nitpick, but it only would have qualified as a joke if Foxx had been mocking Obama-supporting Kool Aid drinkers. Problem is, Foxx is an Obama-supporting Kool Aid drinker, which means that if there’s a joke to be had here, it’s because Foxx made himself the punchline. I do enjoy self-deprecating humor:

And most of the MSM respond in unison, “Amen!”

Update: Foxx isn’t alone.

Comments

14 Responses to “‘Our Lord and Savior Barack Obama’”

1. jeffythequick on November 26th, 2012 5:34 pm

They say that mocking oneself is a measure of humility.

These people do so incessantly, so they must be so proud of that they are so humble.

2. Truesoldier__ on November 26th, 2012 6:16 pm

I wonder how the RoP types will take the news that libs believe that Obama not Allah is the one true God?

3. jeffythequick on November 26th, 2012 6:25 pm

They'll pull out the "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" card, and convert them last, after we're destroyed by the libs.

4. Truesoldier__ on November 26th, 2012 6:44 pm

Terrorist 1: Look over there. Another one of those liberal infidels.

Terrorist 2: I've got a great idea. Wait right here.

Terrorist 2: Excuse me could you help me out. I tried to deliver this package to the Tea Party HQ's but htey would not let me in.

Liberal (wearing a Micheal Moore t-shirt): Those racist b@stard$! I'll take it in there for you and give them a piece of my mind!

Terrorist 2: Oh thank you very much.

Terrorist 1: What happened?

Terrorist 2: I convinced the infidel to deliver the "package" for me. You will not believe what they said.

Terrorist 1: Oh, what was it.

Terrorist 2: She said she was going to give them a piece of her mind.

Terrorist 1 (laughing): And a piece of her arm, leg, stomach, etc..

5. Obama bin Biden on November 26th, 2012 7:49 pm

The country has been dominated by idiots like this. Good Bye, America… ????????????, Amerika.

6. SignPainterGuy on November 26th, 2012 9:01 pm

Accurately describe a liberal and s/he will take it as an insult and go ballistic.
    Place a bag of excrement (say that Obama is the left`s messiah) anywhere near them and they will go out of their way to step in it (they will "Declare" that Obama is their messiah).

I guess the left will soon admit that Obama is a marxist-socialist and an islamocoddler !

7. SignPainterGuy on November 26th, 2012 10:20 pm

DOUG, I let slip a "Sew-shall-ist" remark and the moderator ate it. OOPS ! Can you find it for me, Please Sir ?

8. Marshall_Will on November 26th, 2012 10:40 pm

Good one! And what kind of 'savior' is it that rains down 'blessings' of 18% Unemployment on 'my' people! Think about it but uh… not too long?

JF has gone much farther than his talents ever merited. His 15 mins. should have run out when In Living Color wasn't 'edgy' any more. From there on out I can't think of a memorable role he played.

9. Marshall_Will on November 27th, 2012 12:58 am

Take that back, "Ray", but other than that, mostly pulp & filler. Probably more a tribute to Ray himself, than JF.

10. Meg on November 27th, 2012 2:17 am

Does it seriously block those?

11. Anne on November 27th, 2012 2:20 am

I suppose if I made a big deal about how that really offends my Christian faith (which it does, actually), I would be labeled as an uptight, intolerant something or other, right? We know that if that same comment was made about Allah, for example, that we would never hear the end of it.

12. SignPainterGuy on November 27th, 2012 2:32 am

Yes. You can sneak it thru by adding a hyphen or two or with creative spelling. Doug doesn`t know why it grabs that word or some others, but he`s usually good about restoring it.

USUALLY ! HINT, HINT !! DOUG !

13. SignPainterGuy on November 27th, 2012 2:39 am

Most of us are Christians here, so WE would cheer you on, but there are the occasional trolls………

Express yourself and let GOD sort `em out ! ;-)

14. Marshall_Will on November 27th, 2012 11:50 am

Speaking of trolls ( notice how post-election they crawl back into the wood work? ) Making only rare appearances so as not to reveal their 'professional' status too obvious..?

Personally the last thing we should 'concern' ourselves w/ right now is worry over offending any on the Left. As Mona Charen shared in her column today "Sore Winners" even mainstream Leftists aren't losing any sleep over what we'd find offensive. They're dishing it out on the cheap.

We lost because we're out of touch raaacists, get it?