Lord Christopher Monckton, former adviser to Margaret Thatcher and current thorn in the side of global warming alarmists everywhere who seek to line their pockets by peddling false or wildly over-exaggerated fears (e.g. the UN), infiltrated the UN climate conference being held in Qatar. He managed to utter one sentence before experiencing a rapid eviction:

After the news conference, and as diplomats gathered for the climate conference president’s assessment of how close countries are to agreement, Monckton quietly slipped into the seat reserved for the delegation of Myanmar and clicked the button to speak.

“In the 16 years we have been coming to these conferences, there has been no global warming,” Monckton said as confused murmurs filled the hall and then turned into a chorus of boos.

The stunt infuriated negotiators and activists here who gather every year to address what they believe is one of the world’s top threats, the steady rise of man-made global warming.

Security escorted Monckton from the hall and stripped him of his credentials, but our applause lives on.

The “16 years” Monckton was referring to comes from this report.

If I find video I’ll post it. I’m guessing there were some priceless looks on some UN bureaucrat faces.

Until then, here’s a clip from Monckton’s appearance on the Glenn Beck Show about three years ago. They were joined by former US ambassador to the UN John Bolton and discussed what the UN is really after:

Comments

21 Responses to “Lord Christopher Monckton Demonstrates How to Get Kicked Out of a UN Climate Change Conference in 20 Words or Less”

1. Marshall_Will on December 6th, 2012 7:05 pm

"By late today, several activists attending the conference had posted calls to "deport Monckton" on their Twitter feeds."

With the DEPORTING thing again..! Sheesh. And…. AND Leftists keep pretending our concerns of being sent to re-education 'camps' are nothing more than hyperbole! Really guys?

Barely getting out 20 words should amply exhibit just how intolerant the Left is and why Conservatives/non-kool-aid drinkers have to chose their words so carefully. Seems to me Lord Monckton did precisely that, fully anticipating the shutdown.

CMT aired "Deliverance" last night and Lord M is lucky his credentials were 'all' he was stripped of.

2. SignPainterGuy on December 6th, 2012 8:01 pm

You watched "Deliverance" ? Did you have brain / eye bleach handy ?

"Squeal PIG !"

3. SignPainterGuy on December 6th, 2012 8:08 pm

Oh MAN, you can stir up some deep sh!t disagreeing with the GW enthusiasts !! I commented at the local paper w/s, called AGW a hoax and nothing but a so-shall-ist power / money grab. The local believers assailed me AND a weather scientist from CO. jumped in and "very politely" disputed me, linked to ALL the debunked articles from East Anglia, IPCC, the Goracle, you name it. I thought it hilarious, but he had reams of the stuff. I just quit; there`s only so much I could do ! Besides, after a while, I began to suspect he was just a plant.

4. backwoodsconsr on December 6th, 2012 8:13 pm

Don't those people know that getting hot under the collar contributes to global warming?

5. iratenate on December 6th, 2012 8:33 pm

Warming, shmarming – what's up with Lord Monckton's eyes?

Looks a bit like Marty Feldman after thirty cups of coffee and two hits of blotter acid…

6. SignPainterGuy on December 6th, 2012 9:34 pm

I got more of a Rodney Dangerfield vibe, just as he took a coffee shot "lemon, salt and tequila-style" from "Back to School" !

7. Marshall_Will on December 6th, 2012 9:58 pm

Hey.., I LOVED Marty Feldman!

Sadly, as Americans, we're only exposed thru the media to a handful of Amy Winehouse/horny rockstar stereotypical Brits. The idea of a pragmatic, fact-driven scientist doesn't fit as neatly.

After a Guiness or two, I'll bet most working Brits would tell you GW is a load of rubbish?

8. Marshall_Will on December 6th, 2012 10:01 pm

Plant indeed. Shill more likely. For them it's faith-based. They made a faulty premise and have spent the last 30 years backfilling it with 'data'. Hard to come up against that!

9. SignPainterGuy on December 6th, 2012 10:12 pm

"Damn your bloody eyes !"

"Too late !"

The Brit and the Aussie I worked with a few years ago were as convinced AGW is crap as we are ! They were 35 and 28 respectively, well within the range of the indoctrinated yutes !

10. backwoodsconsr on December 6th, 2012 10:18 pm

I did even worse. I read the book before I ever saw the movie. The book went into much more detail of that unpleasant scene.

11. Marshall_Will on December 6th, 2012 10:37 pm

Key take-away, "worked with". I'm sure there's legions of hopelessly brainwashed pub poets and coffeehouse 'revolutionaries' willing to toe the AGW line?

Personally, I think this is a last ditch effort. Whatever the rest of the world thinks, OUR becoming a willing and well funded accomplice is all that really matters.

With an increasingly beleaguered and broke public losing interest by the shopping trip, it's now or never for these pukes. Why else the imperative to silence Lord M?

12. SignPainterGuy on December 6th, 2012 11:05 pm

I can`t help believing the ranks of the believers is a shrinking mass as we speak; the counter-evidence is oozing out of the cracks in their claims. The remaining die-hards are all the more rabid though.

13. SignPainterGuy on December 6th, 2012 11:11 pm

Sheeww, You must be gots teh gluttens fer punishments if you watched it AFTER reading it ! Shudders !

14. jeffythequick on December 6th, 2012 11:17 pm

Deny AGW? That's almost as blasphemous as putting an Obama bobble head in a jar of yellow liquid called "pee-pee"!

You know, as a Lord, he should know better.
    ;)

15. backwoodsconsr on December 6th, 2012 11:27 pm

Unpleasant as that scene was, it was actually a very good book. I can see why somebody would want to make a movie out of it. BTW, Jon Voight insisted on doing the rock climbing scene himself, disdaining the use of a stunt man. That scene was filmed in Tallulah Gorge.

I'm currently reading Thomas Sowell's memoir. Excellent reading. My only complaint is that at the rate I'm reading it, I'll be done with it far too soon.

16. Nate on December 6th, 2012 11:45 pm

What would be more priceless than this?

If Lord Monckton had somehow slipped a few graphs into their Powerpoint presentation.

17. Marshall_Will on December 7th, 2012 12:40 am

Oh… oh… you're good!

We've often kidded about hijacking TOTUS and slipping in some honest remarks for All Our pResident to reveal to the American public. He's such a dolt he'd have to wait for the aides Twitter feed monitor to realize it?

18. Marshall_Will on December 7th, 2012 12:46 am

While 60's cinema focused on violence at a psychedelic, far out kind of level, the 70's and EARLY 70's in particular took to the realism of it all. "Mean Streets", Electra Glide In Blue. Deliverance was part of that genre.

Like rock music of that era, it ended altogether too quickly, and hasn't been replicated since. I've always felt "Vanishing Point" ( widely considered the spiritual 'sequel' to Easy Rider, was the ultimate Tea Party anthem movie.

19. backwoodsconsr on December 7th, 2012 1:11 am
  20. Saturday Movie Matinee: Cliff Talk « Nice Deb on December 8th, 2012 3:26 am

[...] Powers That Be: Lord Christopher Monckton Demonstrates How to Get Kicked Out of a UN Climate Change Conference in 20… Lord Christopher Monckton, former adviser to Margaret Thatcher and current thorn in the side of [...]

21. kyle leon on June 17th, 2013 5:26 am

Famed climate change denier Lord Christopher Stockton , an advisory to form British Prime Minister