geiss

Strong-arm thuggery and intimidation tactics are all they know. The Michigan House Dems’ Tweet was deleted but WZ has a screenshot along with video.

There are also reports that union protesters stormed the Americans for Prosperity tent and tore it down. I don’t know if any of these goons have seen Schoolhouse Rock, but the way to go about getting legislation repealed isn’t pulling the tent of somebody who disagrees with you to the ground.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled “Tea Partiers promote violence and need to adopt a new tone” story from the mainstream media, which will completely ignore the above stories.

Update: Video of the tolerant mob destroying the AFP tent:

Update III: More footage of the goonery.

Glenn Reynolds asks: “And will President Obama condemn this violent behavior?”

Condemn it? Hahahahahahahaha!

They’re just doing what he asked them to do. “Get in their face”:

Comments

26 Responses to “Democrat Michigan State Rep. on Right-to-Work Passage: ‘There Will Be Blood’; Updated

1. Truesoldier__ on December 11th, 2012 4:01 pm

I love this quote from the House Speakers spokesman in regards to Obama and other Dems in DC trying to tell MI what to do on this issue:

Ari Adler, spokesman for Michigan House Speaker Jase Bolger, chided those in Washington for “trying to tell Republicans in Michigan to slow down and not do our job in Lansing while they fail to resolve the nation’s fiscal cliff crisis or even approve a budget.”

2. Truesoldier__ on December 11th, 2012 4:02 pm

I am sure the police will go after those who tore down the AFP tent in 5…4…3…2..look Lindsay Lohan got arrested again.

3. Doug on December 11th, 2012 4:12 pm

Repubs should be out in force using that line!

4. SignPainterGuy on December 11th, 2012 4:20 pm

Something is going to have to be done to calm down those violent, extremist Tea Party folks ! They are Out-of-Control ! It`s getting to where the peace-loving union mobs can`t thuggerize in peace any more !

5. Truesoldier__ on December 11th, 2012 4:25 pm

I don't think Boehner and Company could get that line out straight faced though Doug.

6. backwoodsconsr on December 11th, 2012 4:44 pm

No blood for dues!

7. Marshall_Will on December 11th, 2012 5:01 pm

What? The "nation's fiscal cliff crises" or the "even approve a budget" part?

And it was good to see the Selective Enforcement PEU Police out in force to ensure persons and property were secure!

8. Marshall_Will on December 11th, 2012 5:06 pm

Well exactly. Had it been the other way around they'd have been all OVER it. God love those brave TP members for even subjecting themselves to that abuse. Surely they knew as Christ his cross.*

I hate to admit this but even at 53 I don't have that kind of composure. I'd be swinging away, no MATTER the odds. Love to see the LSM spin that?

*First thing any Sunday school kid asks right? If He KNEW, why didn't he just leave!?

9. Truesoldier__ on December 11th, 2012 6:20 pm

Governor Snyder had a message for the unions about the legislation:

Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder has a message for the thousands of union members protesting on Tuesday outside the state Capitol: You started it.

10. Truesoldier__ on December 11th, 2012 6:49 pm

Glenn Reynolds asks: “And will President Obama condemn this violent behavior?”

Condemn it? Hahahahahahahaha!
    They’re just doing what he asked them to do. “Get in their face”:

Exactly. What do you think his campaign rally stop in MI the other day was all about.

11. Marshall_Will on December 11th, 2012 6:54 pm

"trying to enshrine collective bargaining rights in the state’s constitution."

Okay, I can dig enshrine..!? Who do these TOOLS think is actually BEHIND them? The upper teens U-6 Un/Under employed millions? Private industry? Millions of TAX payers..?

What's frustrating and the little clique we need to break up, there's an old saying in the stock market, but it applies ANY where: "Markets are MADE ( at the 'margins'! ) Meaning, it's only those assets for sale at the extreme upper and in some cases, lower end of the market that really matter!

Rabid, fanatical unigoons CAN make the difference in close elections. Dim's know it and those are the only natural allies they really have. Pretty pathetic when you have to run crying to the S.S and/or Brownshirts isn't it?

12. Marshall_Will on December 11th, 2012 6:56 pm

I had… to ask.

13. Truesoldier__ on December 11th, 2012 8:22 pm

O/T….526.421 family farms in jeopardy next year due to death tax:

14. Truesoldier__ on December 11th, 2012 8:25 pm

“And will President Obama condemn this violent behavior?”

Nope, he has Carney side step the question:

15. Truesoldier__ on December 11th, 2012 8:32 pm

He knows, but it is all he knows how to do.

16. Marshall_Will on December 11th, 2012 8:53 pm

Doesn't this remind you of the LBO ( Leveraged Buy Out ) craze of the 80's? An outside "consulting firm" comes in uninvited and tells you you're mismanaging the company by sitting on a pile of cash in your "pension fund".

Then they'd instigate a shareholder revolt saying if you don't sell the company, you'll lose it anyway thru said shareholder 'revolt'. Then they proceed to "buy you out" by using the money IN your pension fund!

Same principle here. Obviously, anything to weaken the ind. small business community but the Gov. has just become your new business 'partner'. I'm sure if you don't have cash in the till they'll arrange for a 'sale' ( to turn it back into Federal Land ) and oopsie, give you a nominal check ON which of course, you'll owe taxes.

17. SignPainterGuy on December 11th, 2012 10:17 pm

Does anyone else feel the irony here ? I thought unions were all about workers rights, but they HATE the idea of "right to work" laws. I`m getting the idea that unions DON`T want workers to have their "OWN" rights ! Is this another case of "Whatever a liberal says, the opposite is true" ?

18. Granny55 on December 12th, 2012 12:09 am

Interesting trip home tonight!!! My commute into work took me an extra 1/2 hour this morning as I go right thru the beast of the belly in Lansing. So I took off west tonight to finish up my Christmas shopping. When I returned home, the hotel that is near my residence is filled with Michigan State Police cars. So they must be anticipating more trouble tomorrow.

19. SignPainterGuy on December 12th, 2012 1:31 am

In my forays into the rust belt, I learned something that surprised me; MI natives are usually as nice as southerners, it`s the 2nd and 3rd generation southern transplants who came there to work for the Big 3 who became the jerks. As a representative of the south, I apologize for that !

20. Granny55 on December 12th, 2012 12:20 pm

No need to apologize SPG. I think you will find that hospitality in every state varies depending upon their cultural beliefs. One thing I am enjoying this Christmas season is the number of store clerks wishing me a MERRY CHRISTMAS. I guess when you shout loud enough at the home office it pays off. When I got home last night I emailed the corporate offices of the stores and thanked them for coming to their senses.

All of the local news rags and tv stations make no mention of any violent acts committed yesterday. All sympathy for the goonions. Disgusting!

21. Marshall_Will on December 12th, 2012 12:31 pm

Small wonder after (1) successful protestantrum, these sites become 'shrines' and all we get are more protests and tantrums. Like your detour experience Granny, my old employer was right off the Portland State campus and 'students' took a shine to 'demonstrating' on days that end in Y.

In March of '03, during the ramp up to Iraq, I'd had enough of Mooks sitting on the hood of my car flipping me off and handed in my resignation.

I must say, that Steven Crowder is a not only a pretty big guy, he's got an iron jaw! That man can take a punch. He looked more annoyed than anything? Please let's not read about your freaking out and doing a Vegas Strip Freakout on these unigoons!

22. Truesoldier__ on December 12th, 2012 1:16 pm

Speaking of violence. Sad to hear about the mall shooting in your neck of the woods MW. My oldest son was born at Sunnyside right across the street form there.

23. SignPainterGuy on December 12th, 2012 1:44 pm

I have shopped early and late, weekend and midweek and it seems that there`s LOTS of shopping going on and the volume is showing on clerk`s faces. So far, I have instigated all the Merry Christmas greetings, but they have all been met with smiles and returns of the same. I have been saying it since Thanksgiving and it catches some by surprise, but they like it !

So far, all the print stories and msm online stuff are pro-union. Only the conservative sites and talkshow folks are taking the reasonable approach to the goonionistas. One of Glenn Beck`s callers this morning was at / in the tent that was torn down. The goons stood on the tent and prevented him and others from getting under it to rescue some senior citizens who were inside, pressed to the ground, showing as just lumps. DISPICABLE !!

24. ChapBix on December 17th, 2012 2:13 am

"Update II: Michael Moore is happy schools had to close. Probably because less educated people will be more likely to believe things Michael Moore says."

…and voting Democrat.

25. ChapBix on December 17th, 2012 2:22 am

It's a classic case of, "Do as I say, not as I do".

26. SignPainterGuy on December 17th, 2012 3:06 am

The wizards of smart know more and better than we.