warren

What is the world coming to when the nation’s foremost fake Cherokee won’t be allowed a seat on the Committee on Indian Affairs?

Democratic Massachusetts Senator-elect Elizabeth Warren will not serve on the Senate Committee on Indian Affairs in the next Congress, insiders on Capitol Hill confirm.

North Dakota Senator-elect Heidi Heitkamp has been appointed to serve on the Indian Affairs Committee, The Hill reported Tuesday.

Warren, a self-identified Cherokee who listed herself as a Native American in the American Association of Law Schools Directory in 1984 before getting hired at the University of Pennsylvania and Harvard Law Schools, told reporters this year that she knew of her ancestry because her “papaw” had “high cheekbones, like all of the Indians do.”

This is like Frank Abagnale, Jr. getting elected to the Senate and not being put on the Subcommittee on Aviation. What gives? Hopefully Dances With Identity Theft can get to the bottom of this snub.

Comments

21 Responses to “Elizabeth Warren Not Chosen to Serve on the Committee on Indian Affairs?”

1. backwoodsconsr on December 13th, 2012 8:03 pm

And she wanted that feather in her cap so bad.

2. OldmanRick on December 13th, 2012 8:28 pm

Even without that feather, she's still beating the drum. Kudos.

3. Marshall_Will on December 13th, 2012 8:51 pm

Yes, thump-thump.

Oddly, so many progressives view this as some sort of ultimate statement by Lieawatha. The theory is that had Republicans simply given her a post in Consumer Affairs or security/financial regulatory org., then we wouldn't have to be dealing with her as a 'Senator'!?

Which of course is ridiculous. Running as a Dim in Mass. How EVER so daring! Oh and Scott Brown.., burn in h3ll…

4. Truesoldier__ on December 13th, 2012 8:55 pm

O/T….Saw this over at a milblog regarding Benghazi and it is very interesting:

I’ve said before that I know someone who is stationed at Landstuhl Hospital in Germany and was in the operation room when casualties from the attack on the consulate in Benghazi arrived there from Libya. This person told me that there were more than 30 casualties that day and the staff at the hospital was pretty busy.

Now, according to Breitbart, Utah Congressman Jason Chaffetz claims that the Obama Administration is hiding those folks;

5. SignPainterGuy on December 13th, 2012 9:13 pm

I saw that headline, didn`t take time to read it though. It became immediately obvious that the O`Stration is hiding proof of their culpability in this, yet another, scandal.

6. SignPainterGuy on December 13th, 2012 9:23 pm

Unlike Lieawatha (I like that M-W), the real Frank Abagnale, Jr repaid those he defrauded.

I`m so fed up with these leftist progs. If they`re not claiming to BE something they`re not, they`re trying to take what isn`t theirs !

7. Nan on December 13th, 2012 9:30 pm

Wait. They appointed someone from a state with actual Native Americans to the Committee on Indian Affairs? That's just wrong. And why isn't it called the Committee on Native American Affairs?

8. Truesoldier__ on December 13th, 2012 10:09 pm

Meanwhile, you have an ESPN host saying that RGIII may be a "cornball brother" because he has a "white fiance", may be a Republican and finally because RGIII said this:

“For me, you don’t ever want to be defined by the color of your skin. You want to be defined by your work ethic, the person that you are, your character, your personality. That’s what I’ve tried to go out and do.” He continued, “I am an African-American in America. That will never change. But I don’t have to be defined by that.’’

9. SignPainterGuy on December 13th, 2012 10:44 pm

Did you discover a way to login or did the waiting game finally pay off ?

Sounds like RGIII at least knows what MLK was saying !

10. SignPainterGuy on December 13th, 2012 10:55 pm

The "Native Americans" I know personally are NOT a PC bunch. They think it`s ridiculous. They call each other "Indians" !

Remember several years back, some PC busy-body protested to put a stop to "Midget Tossing" ? The midgets immediately told them to back off; they liked the whole thing – it was fun and they made good money at it.

11. Truesoldier__ on December 14th, 2012 12:05 am

The waiting game finally paid off. And yest RGIII really got what MLK was saying. Interesting fact about RGIII he is the son of two military parents.

12. Marshall_Will on December 14th, 2012 12:35 am

Much has been made of that here lately. Several conserv. columnists all converged on how Prog's got all bent out of shape when "the religious right tries to legislate morality!" ( with feigned indignance ) but then proceed to get all over a soapbox making vague emotional appeals and purely subjective statements like "the rich have to pay their fair share!"

Here's another revelation we should have exposed YEARS ago! They've made w/ those ploys for over a generation and we're just now getting to the bottom of it?

13. Marshall_Will on December 14th, 2012 12:48 am

Jonn Lilyea Says:
    December 13th, 2012 at 8:08 pm

"Old Daughter, I’m guessing you came over here on B5′s link. B5 knows who my source at Landstuhl is. Most of my regular readers can probably guess who I would know at Landstuhl hospital. I don’t want to get that person in trouble, just like all of the other people who give us information here that no one else reports."

Looks to me like he's backing up the claim! Any fool that thinks 30 wounded personnel constitute "too big a scandal for this or any administration to simply cover up" just hasn't been paying attention! F & F, Solyndra, these guys are magicians they can make anything disappear…

14. SignPainterGuy on December 14th, 2012 2:29 am

TS, (the reply feature is malfunctioning for me)
    Fascinating isn`t it that having disciplined parents leads to kids with a sense of purpose and a moral centering !

15. Dexter_Alarius on December 14th, 2012 12:03 pm

Oh, oh. She's not going on the warpath over this, is she?
    It would not be good if she started taking scalps.

16. Larwyn’s Linx: Hiding the witnesses | Preppers Universe on December 14th, 2012 1:18 pm

[...] Go Away Conservative Media – We Have it Covered: Nice DebRe: Thunderdome Layoffs: MorrisseyElizabeth Warren Not Chosen to Serve on the Committee on Indian Affairs?: PowersWorldBachmann: ‘Game over’ for America if any dissent of Islam criminalized: [...]

17. SignPainterGuy on December 14th, 2012 3:07 pm

OK friends, neighbors, ladies & germs and of course the "quizzical" among us; just how well informed are you about Afghanistan ?

We all feel pretty well informed. We all pay attention to the news as exhibited here in our discussions of world events, so here`s a Quiz to determine just that.

I scored 60%, 12 of 20 correct. In my defense, some of the correct answers were my "2nd choice". ;-)

18. SignPainterGuy on December 14th, 2012 4:19 pm

Speaking of scalps – The first Louis L`Amour book I read was "Last of the Breed" set in modern times about an American Indian-white test pilot who is captured by the Russians and imprisoned in Siberia. He escapes and over the next year and a half-ish, makes his way to the Kamchatka Peninsula to get back home. The prison commandant and a famed tracker, who sports an off-center white skunk stripe blaze of hair, become obsessed with his recapture (It was so disappointing that Louis died before he finished the sequel because it got me hooked on his writing style – I read 105 of his books). At the end of the book, the commandant receives a brown paper wrapped, string tied package with this note attached; "This was once a custom of my people. In my lifetime, I shall take two". The commandant opens the package and immediately recognizes the white blaze of hair.

19. backwoodsconsr on December 14th, 2012 4:38 pm

I only got 10 of them. That was an annoying website. My popup blocker was sounding off like crazy the whole time I was there.

20. backwoodsconsr on December 14th, 2012 6:06 pm

If they had asked what the streets of Afghanistan are paved with I would have known. Kabul stones.

21. SignPainterGuy on December 15th, 2012 1:47 am

These pop quizes, they never tell ya which chapters to study ! :-(