Pure evil, plain and simple.

Current reports are 28 dead, including 20 children.

Those already using this horrific crime to advance agendas or point fingers are ghouls.

I’ll be hugging my kids extra tight tonight while offering prayers for Newtown and those affected by this barbaric act.

Update: CBS News reports a second possible suspect has been taken into custody. I haven’t heard anybody else confirm that, however. According to CBS the shooter (one of them anyway) was the father of one of the students.

Age of the shooter is actually 24 and his name has been released.

The other person that was reported to be in custody is the shooter’s brother and so far they don’t think he was involved in the shootings… at least not directly.

Update II: I’m hearing lots of talk on TV about guns (Bob Schieffer among many others), and absolutely nobody’s talking about moral decay. Maybe part of the problem is staring us right in the face today.

Comments

16 Responses to “Elementary School Shooting in Newtown, Connecticut”

1. jeffythequick on December 14th, 2012 4:45 pm

My heart and prayers go out to those affected.

There are sick and horrible people in this world, and my consolation is knowing there is a loving and caring God who will welcome the victims home to be with Him.

Why they go after children is contemptible. http://www.courant.com/sns-rt-us-china-stabbingsb

2. Doug on December 14th, 2012 4:48 pm

Why they go after children is contemptible.

And cowardly.

3. SignPainterGuy on December 14th, 2012 5:20 pm

Indeed !

CBS is reporting that the Principal was the target. The second guy says he didn`t do it. Who knows if we`ll EVER get the straight truth?

I too have to wonder what is the purpose in going after innocent children if not for the purpose of creating TERROR !?!?

4. SignPainterGuy on December 14th, 2012 5:27 pm

The left is using this REAL crisis to promote their ant-gun agenda. Volumes of evidence that increased gun ownership / possession laws serve only to achieve the opposite of the claimed desired results continues to be ignored !

Leftists cannot get their heads around the fact that criminals don`t obey laws.

5. SignPainterGuy on December 14th, 2012 5:35 pm

Here`s the 24 yr old shooter`s FB page; https://www.facebook.com/rlanza

6. TheLiberalMedia on December 14th, 2012 6:27 pm

You just did what you where trying to condemn. Anyone using this for political leverage is insane. So stop and throw all of your energy to supporting the families who have to deal with the unimaginable tragedy of losing a child.

7. Granny55 on December 14th, 2012 7:16 pm

I am heartbroken for all of the families. I've cried several times today and was aghast at the number of people killed. As more comes out it gets worse. Prayers, lots of prayers for all.

8. jeffythequick on December 14th, 2012 7:47 pm

I have noticed that on the left, hypocrisy is the greatest of all sins.

If you say, "I support nuns wearing colorful outfits," you're a hypocrite if you compliment them in their normal habits, and promptly denounced.

If you've read SPG's posts, as I have, you'd know his character is that of a caring man. Doug, in the OP, pointed out the CMS (Calm u nist Media Services) use of the tragedy to further their agenda. I will stand with what SPG put.

Conservatives have and will throw our energy, resources, and prayers to supporting these families, but since we're removed from the situation, there is also a responsibility to combat the lies and half truths spoken by the CMS, and we have a duty to do that, even though our hearts ache for those that lost.

9. SignPainterGuy on December 14th, 2012 8:43 pm

Thank you, my Dear Friend ! :-)

10. SignPainterGuy on December 14th, 2012 8:52 pm

Sorry, I can`t twist my self, physically or mentally, into the requisite pretzel to arrive at your point of view. As I said, the left is using this crisis to promote their anti-gun agenda, an agenda that is not at all about safety, but rather an attempt to garner more and more inclusive and intrusive power and control. THAT is political and unacceptable and done by the left, NOT me or the right. THAT is the truth and the truth has no agenda !

SO, as I have said many times to you, I don`t believe the Liberal Media OR TheLiberalMedia ! PSSSSSSSST ! (BS Repellant)

I prayed privately moments after I first heard of this horror. I mention this now only because you think I don`t care about those who are suffering directly.

11. SignPainterGuy on December 14th, 2012 8:56 pm

I have since learned that this FB page is of the older Brother of the actual shooter. The shooter was "Adam Lanza", not Ryan. Sorry

12. jeffythequick on December 14th, 2012 9:44 pm

What do you mean the left will seize this opportunity?

13. SignPainterGuy on December 14th, 2012 10:01 pm

It looks like it`s difficult to find a leftist who "isn`t" calling for the pResidunce to call for more gun control laws, even by Ex. Order, as Nanny Bloomers is doing !

14. SignPainterGuy on December 15th, 2012 1:41 am

UPDATE II: "….. nobody`s talking about moral decay."

Michael Ramirez captures the emotion of the moment and everyone`s question.
    Robin Leigh`s 2nd comment especially sounds about right. http://www.investors.com/editorial-cartoons/micha

It was reported earlier that Adam Lanza`s Dad was found dead in the home, but now, FOXNews is reporting that it was his Mother who was found dead. His Father is meeting with the FBI. There has been more than enough confusion thru the day.

This last info just adds to the mystery to why he then went to the school if he had already killed his Mother. Hopefully, the father and brother are aware of what was in Adam`s head and can help us to understand some of the "WHY ?", though it won`t change anything at all.

15. Granny55 on December 15th, 2012 11:45 am

Moral decay, mental illness, absent parenting, political correctness and all the obvious problems that lead to someone taking such evil actions will never be addressed. Heroin and meth are illegal yet they are obtained and used daily by millions. Politicians have yet to solve the ills of rampant drug usage how in the hell are they going to stop evil people from getting firearms to do evil things? They can't but they will attempt to restrict law abiding citizens the right to protect themselves from crazies who intend to cause harm. Always backa$$wards thinking by liberal do gooders. They are coming for those of us who always do the right things and in the process just make the problem worse.

16. SignPainterGuy on December 15th, 2012 1:47 pm

As has been pointed out, it`s important to be very careful to be patient and diligent in getting accurate info in a fluid situation such as this. The msm made numerous mistakes in IDing the shooter, just how many victims there were, others, but corrections trickled out and a more accurate picture emerged. One detail however is still circulating, un-corrected; the shooter`s Mother and her connection to the school. It is now reported that the school teachers and district reps. never heard of her, so obviously she did not work there in any capacity.

Hopefully, all the info that CAN be known will be known and a better idea of "WHY ?" this happened will emerge. In the mean time, I continue to pray for everyone effected by what seems so senseless and just plain evil !