Obama’s answer, said while shooting laser-darts from his eyes into Tapper’s head, was basically “I’ve been too busy being president to focus on the stuff I’m now focusing on… uh… as president.”

You’ll probably laugh at Obama’s “I haven’t been on vacation” remark. He’s probably just a little defensive — not to mention stressed — because the deadline is fast approaching for him to leave for vacation:

The question the Press Corpse should be asking is why the Obama administration hasn’t even been enforcing the gun laws on the books and yet they’re talking about making new gun laws. Consider me highly skeptical of the effectiveness of whatever “solutions” Sheriff Biden’s gun safety committee come up with.

Update: You know what the fiscal cliff debate needs? Some serious exploitation of the murders of over two dozen little kids and women:

Obama: They understand that they’re not going to get 100 percent of what they want. And for some reason, that message has not yet taken up on Capitol Hill. And when you think about what we’ve gone through over the last couple of months — a devastating hurricane, and now one of the worst tragedies in our memory, the country deserves folks to be willing to compromise on behalf of the greater good and not tangle themselves up in a whole bunch of ideological positions that don’t make much sense.

Comments

22 Responses to “ABC’s Jake Tapper Tests Obama’s Patience: Mr. President, Where Have You Been on Gun Control?”

1. Truesoldier__ on December 19th, 2012 7:20 pm

"The question the Press Corpse should be asking is why the Obama administration hasn’t even been enforcing the gun laws on the books and yet they’re talking about making new gun laws."

They don't want to go there, especially in light that another F&F gun has been found at a Mexico crime scene.

2. Truesoldier__ on December 19th, 2012 7:22 pm

Actually, the latest on that above story is worse:

CBS News has learned that one weapon recovered from the area of the crime scene was originally purchased by federal agent George Gillett, an Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) manager who was faulted by the Inspector General in Operation Fast and Furious.

Gillett was the Assistant Special Agent in Charge of ATF Phoenix when Fast and Furious started. The recovered weapon is a so-called FN Herstal pistol nicknamed a "cop-killer" because of its designation as a "weapon of choice" for Mexican drug cartels.

Fast and Furious gun found at Mexican crime scene

CBS News has learned the Inspector General is questioning Gillett today after hastily opening an inquiry to determine how this agent's personal weapon got into the hands of suspected cartel members.

Gillett has acknowledged to CBS News that it was likely his weapon, but says he sold it sometime in 2011 to someone through the Internet.

3. Truesoldier__ on December 19th, 2012 8:07 pm

Speakin gof this press conference. Obama also used the CT shooting to push for tax hikes, talk about sick and insensitive(not to mention his campaign arm is using the shooting as a fundraising ploy as well). He also is claiming that part of the reason the GOP wont agree to his plan is that they don't like him much.

Once again it is all about him.

4. SignPainterGuy on December 19th, 2012 8:22 pm

"… but says he sold it sometime in 2011 to someone through the Internet." Then he should be investigated to see if he sold the pistol through a licensed firearms dealer as required by law. (F&F was done outside legal procedures, I know) If he did not, then arrest and prosecute him to the fullest !!

5. SignPainterGuy on December 19th, 2012 8:27 pm

When I heard this story on Rush today and heard pRes. Double-Downgrade / the Vacationer-in-Chief say he wasn`t on vacation, I nearly spewed my lunch. He`s been on vacay or on the goof course more than anyone I know of ! Git reel !!

Rush said Jake Tapper will now be on the list ! (Or OFF of it, depending on your perspective.)

6. Truesoldier__ on December 19th, 2012 8:33 pm

Remeber when you mentioned Operation Wide Receiver and how the Cartel's "found" the GPS trackers awfully quick? Makes you wonder just what this guy was doing during that time frame.

7. Truesoldier__ on December 19th, 2012 8:34 pm

This almost seems like a Bill Clinton "is" moment. He could make the argument that he wasn't on vacation as he has always been on vacation; threfore in his mind he was being the President because that is the job that the President does. Remember we are dealing with liberal logic.

8. SignPainterGuy on December 19th, 2012 8:51 pm

Sounds to me, he has blood on his hands.

9. SignPainterGuy on December 19th, 2012 8:53 pm

Twisted liberal logic and moral relativism !

10. SignPainterGuy on December 19th, 2012 9:24 pm

So many of our betters were "for it before I was against it". Zero made a big deal in congress about not raising taxes during a recession, but now can`t resist the urge. Too many cases to keep track of, for me.

11. SignPainterGuy on December 19th, 2012 9:31 pm

"…….and not tangle themselves up in a whole bunch of ideological positions that don’t make much sense."

I ask the wiser, smarter minds here, "What democrat ideological position DOES make sense ?" I can`t think of a single one !

12. Truesoldier__ on December 19th, 2012 9:38 pm

Notice how it is only a "ideological position that don't make sense" as long as it doesn't belong to Obama.

13. SignPainterGuy on December 19th, 2012 9:57 pm

Yes, I noticed that.

Today on radio news, some dim lib said, "Obama is hopeful that the fiscal cliff can be avoided", "That he hoped the Rs could work together to avoid it." (paraphrasing)

He is hopeful ONLY that Bonehead and other Rs will capitulate and give him everything he wants or even more" …. which I can see Weepy doing ! Zero is all about, "His way or the highway" !

14. Truesoldier__ on December 20th, 2012 1:22 pm

Obama is playing the odds, I hate to say it, they are in his favor. We keep hearing how Boehner and the GOP are in a tough position. Well who the hell put them there? They are the ones who keep passing CR's, raising the debt ceiling and coming up with the sequestration deal that everyone with a single brain cell knew would happen as the Dem's would never agree to any meaningful cuts. All this while the Senate doesn't pass a budget, but insteads adjourns to see a screening of Lincoln.

And why are they even negotatiating in the first place? That is not how our form of government is supposed to work. The President can suggest what he would like to see in the legislation, but it is up to the Legislative branch to craft legislation the way the see fit. Once it is passed the President can decide whether or not to veto the bill. This was done on purpose so as to allow the public to actually see what it is they are doing and put elected officials on record with an official stance. It is alot easier to defeat politicians when you can prove that their positions are unpopular with the people as well as harmful to the nation.

15. jeffythequick on December 20th, 2012 7:03 pm

It's the "you're the majority in the minority" argument. The House is 1/2 of 1/3 of the government.

As I posted a few days ago, anyone that has read (or seen… I heard it is on video as of 1976) "I'm just a bill" they would know that:
    1. The House has the power of the purse. Maybe Boehner should read the US Constitution, Article I over the Christmas break. He may come back with a pair.
    2. No law can be created without the House's approval. That might give him a pair too.
    3. No budget has been passed in 3 years. He should hang his head in shame for that. Stop the %$^$# CR's now, and maybe Mr. President and his henchman Harry will take notice.
    4. This is the most opportune time to stand his ground. He has 2 years until the next election. Capitulating now will make them as popular as Republicans in 2006. Why have a Democrat-Lite Party when you can have real Democrats?
    5. Negotiating with Obama is just as effective as negotiating with Yasser Arafat. You'll get an agreement, then he'll move the goalposts, and say you're being unreasonable for not accomodating him. Why wait? Be unreasonable now.

16. SignPainterGuy on December 20th, 2012 10:18 pm

Forgive me if I`m wrong, but several of the huge spending bills over the last 4 years plus have been passed without House approval, or at least it appeared to me thusly. If so, did the dem. controlled House and Senate break / ignore the rules ? Did Boneheads arrival occur in the midst of an understood (or is that "deemed") re-write of the constitution that he took as , "Oh well, that`s the way things are done now !" ?

17. jeffythequick on December 21st, 2012 12:23 am

Which bills were signed into law without the House passing them?

In my line of work, if things are not done to the specification/process, it is wrong. If you've been doing it wrong for a long time, we have an answer for that: It's still wrong.

This reeks of "he may be a dictator, but it's ok… he's our dictator."

18. jeffythequick on December 21st, 2012 12:28 am

Doug,

Do you mean, CNN's Jake Tapper?

He must have made someone really mad to get cast out of the sewage tank to the sh!t pile.

19. SignPainterGuy on December 21st, 2012 12:37 am

Well, after some time thinking about it, what I think I meant to say was, the bills didn`t to by memory originate in the House, they originated in the Senate, were passed there and then sent to the House for final approval and passage. It`s supposed to be House – Senate – House – President. Oh yeah, the SC does a review in the process somewhere !

20. jeffythequick on December 21st, 2012 1:16 am

Bills that raise revenue have to start in the House, but others may be started in the Senate per Article I, Section 7.1.

Typically, what happens is bills pass the House, go to the Senate, where they mark it up, then back to Conference Committee, where the differences are ironed out, then back to both houses, where they pass/fail.

This way, both houses have passed the same bill with their own seasoning to them, but the bill passed by both houses must be identical, hence the Conference Committee.

At the moment with John "Rudderless" Boehner, and Harry "my way or the highway" Reid, the system is broken. Boehner should show him how broke it can be by not passing anything that spends more than what is taken in. Let Reid sit on that for a month or two, then he can bloviate all he wants. There are no legislative elections for another 22 months.

21. SignPainterGuy on December 21st, 2012 1:31 am

That`s what happens to the "scrapings" ! CommieNewsNet could be a better platform for Jake than AllBarackCh.; we`ll see. You`d probably have to talk to Jake in person, in private to get the real scoop on whether this was a result of him savagely badgering tehwon or has been in the works for a while!

22. SignPainterGuy on December 21st, 2012 1:34 am

Right. What I was thinking about were spending bills, which I thought also had to originate in the House.

I can`t put my finger on anything, so maybe my mind is playing tricks on me again. I worry about me some times.

DeMint`s seat will be filled out of sequence. Tim Scott. He`s being touted as NOT just a place-holder and you know he must be a good conservative because the left is already attacking him as "Uncle Tom" and worse.