What Moore thinks is the reason black people own guns is anybody’s guess:

And I was fascinated in that subject when making ‘Bowling for Columbine,’ of how fear is used to the point where everybody feels like they’ve got to have a gun in the house. Now, not every house has a gun but we’ve got over a quarter-billion guns in people’s homes. And they’re mostly in the suburbs and rural areas where there is virtually no crime and no murder. So why is that? What are they really afraid of? What do they think of — who’s going to break into the house? Do they think it’s little freckled-face Jimmy down the street? I don’t think so. I don’t think that’s who they’re afraid of. And it cuts down to the heart of our race problem that we still haven’t resolved. And I thought it would be interesting to take a look at that in the movie.

I’d venture to assume that most break-ins and thefts in rural and suburban America are perpetrated by white criminals. Also, rural crime is on the rise.

How can you still protect yourself without being a racist? Make your personal security carry the guns — charges of racism and paranoia averted:

Moore’s one of those “my life’s worth protecting and yours isn’t” lefties like Dianne Feinstein and select Hollywood gun hypocrites.

And by the way, I don’t believe for one second that Michael Moore doesn’t have a gun in his home(s) for personal protection — there would certainly be plenty of places to hide it.

(h/t Weasel Zippers)

Comments

22 Responses to “Michael Moore: People Own Guns Because of Racist Fears or Something”

1. SignPainterGuy on December 21st, 2012 5:00 pm

So let me guess; Tubby MM had just finished off the All-U-Can-Eat buffet at Ryan`s Family Steak House, returned to his "cottage" by the lake and broke out his new 9mil, popped off a couple magazines full watching the bullets skip across the water before being chauffeured to give this interview ?

2. Truesoldier__ on December 21st, 2012 5:44 pm

Speaking of Columbine, I heard about this yesterday and found it interesting:

Did you know that the two shootesr: Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold were actually lobbying AGAINST a conceal/carry bill that was going through the Colorado legislature? And did you also know that the day of the massacre was the exact same day that the congress was set to vote on that bill? When John Lott said that, the first thought…WHAT?!? That was never mentioned in the MSM. So Harris and Klebold wanted to keep other citizens from carrying handguns to protect themselves against the likes of scumbags like them. America could have the strictest gun laws on the planet and that still would not stop gun crimes because…criminals do not follow laws.

3. Marshall_Will on December 21st, 2012 6:44 pm

"Plus, a non sequitur: "The township is roughly 98 per cent white residents, according to statistics from 2009."

So if Harry Belafonte showed up for a meeting of the minds, he'd 'double' the township's minority population? Hard to imagine yourself more secluded from 'diversity' Michael? Oh well, he can afford it!

4. Marshall_Will on December 21st, 2012 6:56 pm

TS,

Incredible revelation. I wondered same of recent shooting. Also it should be noted Lanza's firearms fascination was a fairly recent one. With an 'educator' for a mother, it wasn't like he grew up around them, hunting, camping, archery, fishing etc.

Increasingly, over the last several years, other than the Hollywood Shootout, they've all seemed a bit suspect in my mind. Loughner chief among them. I've never bothered to see BFC but even at lengthy retrospect, we're never told anything about these shooter's frame of mind, personal history or COMMUNICATIONS they might have had?

Other than it was 'unfortunate' they chose this dark path..?

5. Truesoldier__ on December 21st, 2012 7:05 pm

Just like there have been revelations about the theatre in the Aurora, CO shooting. It was the ony theatre in town that had a "gun free zone" sign up. Coincidence, I think not.

6. Marshall_Will on December 21st, 2012 7:12 pm

Check this out:

ww.westernjournalism.com/was-colorado-shooting-staged-by-the-government/

The author asks several common sense questions the MSM as usual couldn't be bothered with. How does an unemployed med student afford the approx. $20k not only in sophisticated weapons but high-tech explosives he supposedly wired his apartment with!?

How does a guy intent on killing and creating as much 'mayhem' as possible then inform the po-po he's got his pad wired for destruction? Where'd he manage to get the body armor like that? Guys, I WORK in supply and I can't get my hands on those! They're considered a controlled item. And why was he wearing it to BEGIN with? The guy has no history.

7. Marshall_Will on December 21st, 2012 7:12 pm

ww.westernjournalism.com/was-colorado-shooting-staged-by-the-government/

?

8. Truesoldier__ on December 21st, 2012 7:28 pm

I can see some validity of some of the arguments in the story, whereas others can be explained. We know that some of the money came from college grants, so that could explain where the money came from (and some commenters have debated the authors $ total as being too high for what he had).

As for creating the devices, that stuff can (and has been) found online. A guy with a dgree in neuroscience would have the intelligence to be able to follow step by step instructions found online.

9. Truesoldier__ on December 21st, 2012 7:28 pm

The body armor stuff, it sounded alot like what you can find in alot of the military surplus stores. Take for example the Redman protective gear. You could get all of that from there site. No it is not "bullet-proof", but how many times have the media gotten the info wrong? For example, how many shooting stories have the media claiming that automatic weapons were used?

The most compeling argument is how this guy surrendered and gave up the booby trapped apartment. He just murdered multiple people then willing gives up? why booby trap the apartment if you are going to tell law enforcement about it? Seems like a waste of time for someone who spent alot of time setting it up.

Lot's of questions, very little answers.

10. Truesoldier__ on December 21st, 2012 7:34 pm

O/T.. I got the memo on this yesterday, but was waiting to comment on it till it went public.

US Govt warns of violent protests over "Zero Dark Thrity" movie.

Remember, this was the movie that the Obama administration gave unusually high access to the filmakers. So, if violence occurs "as a result of the movie" will SoS Clinton tell the family of any victims that they will make sure the director is put behind bars?

11. backwoodsconsr on December 21st, 2012 8:17 pm

I have a fear of big fat stupid white guys.

12. Marshall_Will on December 21st, 2012 9:25 pm

Right, it's frustrating. You can find just about anything online ( except for automotive REPAIR manuals and how to adjust the truss rod on a Stratocaster? ) Bomb rigging? No probalo~! They did mention it was fairly advanced and days may be required to safety it.

Personally, I think the "gamer" meme seems to be thrown in as a wild card? When did you stop beating your wife type thing. Just enough negative connotations to stir doubt in only casually inquiring minds.

Grants are 'possible' but of late they aren't actually funded until after Labor Day. Your having worn it ( not just 'issued' it ) I'll leave the avail of body armor to you, but I'd say there's enough there there to count myself open to the possibility Holmes was handled/manipulated.

13. Marshall_Will on December 21st, 2012 9:31 pm

Got my memo via inbox last Drill. Basically, brace for reaction from the ROP!

Next email.., it's time for everyone who's social ends in 6 to get their annual dental exams! Oh and the Christmas party will be at 1700, vice 1645 as earlier noted…

I think the msg. for DOD personnel was ( to wait til it comes out on DVD? )

14. Anne on December 21st, 2012 9:42 pm

>>>criminals do not follow laws

Exactly! I don't understand why so many people don't understand this. It's also illegal to shoot a bunch of people, so if they don't care about that, how could anyone think that a gun ban will make them turn around and say, "well, gee, now that guns are banned, I guess I'll just go home and have a cup of tea." My family was discussing too how if you take away all the guns, they will just choose something else. Guns are not the reason people are violent. How much stuff can we ban?

15. SignPainterGuy on December 21st, 2012 9:59 pm

IOW, it could happen, but we`ll be doing a lot of stuff between now and then !

OR

The ROPs are gonna react negatively no matter what, even if THEY have to invent something. Just be ready for it !

16. Marshall_Will on December 21st, 2012 10:06 pm

Anne,

And as Michelle noted on her blog, Lanza broke any NUMBER of laws before he clicked off the first round! Firearms on school property? CT gun restrictions… Obviously it didn't impress him?

Unfortunately, just as there's been a purge of Conservatives by 'our' Speaker, so too have media outlets done away w/ centrist, moderate columnists. There's no one in the MSM that isn't bought and paid for so this side of the story simply isn't being shared in traditional outlets.

Anything that counters their narrative can only be heard at Fox or from conservative just-a-bloggers and that's something most Libs simply will not do..!

17. Obama bin Biden on December 22nd, 2012 2:57 am

One thing this bloated Bolshevik never considers is all these massacres occur in blue states where there are no CHL laws. The whackos know this. And in the few blue states where you can get a CHL, the majority of the public are anti-gun libs.

18. Marshall_Will on December 22nd, 2012 4:48 pm

Too funny not to post:

"It wasn't until I was 11 years old that I recall even learning what a U.S. senator was, or it registering, at least. It was during my summer vacation with my family — my first trip to what those of us in Hawaii call the Mainland," said Obama.

So we flew over the ocean, and with my mother and my grandmother and my sister, who at the time was two, we traveled around the country. It was a big trip. We went to Seattle, and we went to Disneyland — which was most important. We traveled to Kansas where my grandmother's family was from, and went to Chicago, and went to Yellowstone. And we took Greyhound buses most of the time, and we rented cars, and we would stay at local motels or Howard Johnson's. And if there was a pool at one of these motels, even if it was just tiny, I would be very excited. And the ice machine was exciting — and the vending machine, I was really excited about that."

19. Marshall_Will on December 22nd, 2012 4:53 pm

Mindful, this meandering and rather meaningless self-appointed rant during the eulogy for Sen. Daniel Inouye ( where O'Drama refers to himself 63 times )

Is that some kind of a record? I can tell you from experience, sounds very much like any rambling alcoholic at the end of the bar. This is so pathetic as it becomes more apparent, for those so completely immersed in their own little world, save for the casket in front of him, he could have gone on infinitely longer!

Drudge shows barry luxuriating in frothy surf while the country is perched on self-destruction.

20. Gandalf the Grey on December 22nd, 2012 5:43 pm

I loved the new Hobbit movie as much as anyone, but why is this clip of the Goblin King included above? I thought this was supposed to be about some guy named Michael Moore or something.

21. backwoodsconsr on December 22nd, 2012 6:52 pm

Michael Moore is a Hoggit.

22. angkoldoy on January 5th, 2013 4:24 am

Low key racism, in your face racism abounds in Hawaii. And multiple ethnic and racial subgroups abound. One could speculate that this may be the reason behind Hawaii's firearms laws. Said to be the most strict in the nation. Lawmakers' foresight….