These cause du jour celeb montage videos usually drip with so much sanctimony that I nearly get nauseous watching them, but this one is different — I actually did get nauseous watching it:

Yes, Hollywood — a beacon for America when it comes to moral and ethical values both on and off screen — wants us to demand Congress do something about gun violence.

Ok… here’s a proposal: Demand that Hollywood lead by example, or else we’ll make it illegal for Hollywood to in any way to glorify violence in their films and TV shows. There’s plenty of it. Hollywood wants to lecture about responsibility but never has the courage to look in the mirror. But in reality, Hollywood, like Gloria Swanson, is not ready for their closeup.

And was that Jamie Foxx I saw demanding a plan to address gun violence? The same guy who recently joked about all the white people he got to kill in his latest movie? And Will Ferrell? Please. I saw Beyonce in there too… maybe the plan she demands from government should include somebody talking to her husband about the lyrics that he puts into kids’ heads. Sarah Silverman speaking up for “houses of faith”? Hahaha!

This bunch is beyond parody.

Comments

13 Responses to “Celebs in an Industry That Rakes in Billions Glorifying Violence Demands a Plan From Congress to Rein in ‘Gun Culture’”

1. Marshall_Will on December 22nd, 2012 5:52 pm

And Will Ferrell? Please.

Guns can be… 'funny'? Think of all the hysterical hijinks Hollywood has given us with just an ordinary every day hand gun?

You see a weapon capable of unspeakable violence, I see laugh tracks and $ signs!

2. jeffythequick on December 22nd, 2012 6:33 pm

I would like to see Quentin Tarantino hear up a blue ribbon panel to look into gun violence, like having Iran on the human rights committee.

3. don on December 22nd, 2012 9:12 pm

It is pretty easy for the s.o.b's to cry wolf about everyone else when they have their own heavily armed entourage to protect their worthless asses.
    In the meantime, they make plenty of money glorifying the very thing that they are shouting against.
    Hypocritical losers.

4. don on December 22nd, 2012 9:16 pm

And on second thought, why don't we demand that congress enact some sort of law that would stop the garbage that they produce,including the @#$@# music.
    If you want to unstop a toilet, you have to start at the feeding trough, the bowl, their lair.

5. jeffythequick on December 22nd, 2012 10:07 pm

That's our job.

We support them by going to their movies, and until we stop doing that, they will continue doing what they do.

When your BFF or office mate asks you if you've seen the new blood n' guts movie, just say, "I only watch quality entertainment" and when pressed for what that is, I tell them that I saw my kids' play a week ago.

6. jeffythequick on December 22nd, 2012 10:20 pm

Don,

I agree with your statements, but as the post I put to your other one shows, the ultimate responsibility belongs to us, as consumers. We also need to be sure that we're not hypocrites in going to those movies/buy/listen to music (or whatever it's called), and frequenting establishments that sell this kind of stuff.

One of the gravest sins to the Liberals is being a hypocrite, and it's the Saul Alinsky tactic: Make othere live to their standards, so if you own a gun and follow the law, you have to follow every law, including going 55 in a 55 zone. Going 56? You're a hypocrite, and since you break that law, you'll probably break the law with your guns, too.

So, I have no problem (well, actually, I do, but I don't let hypocricy be the ultimate sin) with hypocricy, I just know there are times and places for things. Like I told my kids' doctor when she asked if I had a gun in the house…
    "Why don't you break in and find out?"

So, to sum it up, I just don't buy the crap they're slinging.

7. SignPainterGuy on December 22nd, 2012 10:30 pm

Right you are on every point, incl. your response to the good Dr. I`ve read that parents have had their kids taken from them or at least been run thru the wringer just because they own guns and have kids.

I like your response. And I like to point out a lib`s hypocrisy at every possible opportunity ! They hate it !

8. Marshall_Will on December 22nd, 2012 11:53 pm

Good points guys. It makes you come to the inescapable conclusion that they sling (1) product ( shoot 'em up-car chase big budget green screens ) to a demographic too YOUNG to vote, deploying it as their financial/power base.

Then sneak in the side door for a quick appearance on Pig Maher to inveigh the latest bludgeoning/talking points for your Lib co-workers and relatives to beat you over the head with!

Where they're concerned, the end justifies the means. But I don't worry too much. Every Lib I know is shellacked from head to toe w/ "Oh sh*t.., NOW what..?" at the daunting prospects of a 2nd term. It's as if they'd expected to play the antagonist launching cheapshots daily on the R admin. while directing both blame AND firepower.

Then they suddenly woke up to their 5th year in high school…

9. Sorta Blogless Sunday Pinup » Pirate's Cove on December 23rd, 2012 12:39 pm

[...] Doug Powers covers handwringers in the violence laden entertainment industry [...]

10. Stan on December 23rd, 2012 2:04 pm

How about Hollyweed demand an end to abortion? That kills more people than any career criminal ever will. Unfortunately that will be when pigs fly

11. don on December 23rd, 2012 3:49 pm

Your right.
    I have long stopped going to their movies and have stopped buying their trash they call music, a long time ago.
    When people I know tell me that they just bought such and such a movie or went to see one, I ask why, especially with the lousy music I mean, why fill your head with trashy crap anyway.
    Movies are a has-been. There was an era when it was the social thing to do. No more.
    Music is next in line for that..

12. Hyson Hughes on July 22nd, 2013 10:15 am

The Hollywood films are facing problems due to the increased budget and thus the film industry is demanding more planning before execution. It is always good to prepare a proper plan for shooting in order to get a picture of the production cost. The write-up provided sufficient information about the production trends in Hollywood and I am expecting more of these details in future also. microsoft outlook problem solving

13. roz mary on February 17th, 2014 8:21 am

My reasearch work has just came to a conclusion after reading this brilliant masterpiece and i am making a wise decision to share it

[ where to buy garcinia cambogia ][ garcinia cambogia at gnc ][ garcinia cambogia at walmart ][ garcinia cambogia at walgreens ][ whole body garcinia cambogia where to buy ]