schadenfreude

This is hilarious. A registered user at Democratic Underground who has posted many times there in the past, who is presumably an ardent Obama supporter, is a little uneasy. Hey, wasn’t it only the rich who were supposed to take it in the shorts?

demquestion

If you can’t read that, it says “What happened that my SS withholdings in my paycheck just went up. My paycheck just went down by an amount that I don’t feel comfortable with. I guarantee this decrease will hurt me more than the increase in income taxes will hurt those making over $400,000.”

Excuse me, but…

haha

There will be many more like her who didn’t see this coming. I won’t feel bad for them in the least because they were the same glassy-eyed freebie zombies who ushered in the era of Hope & Change — twice — but it is a pity that they had to drag everybody else’s paycheck down with them.

(h/t Instapundit)

Comments

34 Responses to “Schadenfreude-Inducing Question of the Day”

1. Dexter_Alarius on January 4th, 2013 1:45 pm

Well, NCTraveler, you can expect to continue getting more and more uncomfortable.
    That's what you get when you elect people that only know how to do 2 things:
    1. Spend gobs of taxpayer money
    2. Raise taxes
    Have a great Dem-induced lower income year!

2. Truesoldier__ on January 4th, 2013 1:51 pm

I saw that in my paycheck as well. My only question on it was, wasn't the increase supposed to kick in after the first of the year (this pay period ended on 12/29/2012)?

It is quite funny watching all these Obama voters heads explode as they cannot comprehend why their paychecks are less, after all they are not "the rich". Of course I am teasing the hell out of them telling them that I guess Obama sees them as "the rich" and then showed them the article where Obama says the rich still haven't paid enough. They are freaking out.

3. Truesoldier__ on January 4th, 2013 1:54 pm

O/T…but just plain over the top political correctness:

Belleville police chief Bill Clay is ordering his officers to get their pancakes from anywhere but Denny’s, calling the restaurant “political stupidness.”

The new orders come after a New Year’s Day clash between five detectives and one Denny’s manager.

The department says the detectives were out of uniform but wearing their badges, when manager David Rice asked them to either leave or put their guns in their vehicle.

Rice, told the detectives that one of their weapons, specifically a female detective’s gun, was making another diner feel uncomfortable.

The General Manager did try to correct the situation on the spot and Denny's Corporate offices has issued an apology over the situtation, but it just goes to show just how dumb political correctness is.

4. SignPainterGuy on January 4th, 2013 2:06 pm

It appears there`s lots of backing down happening in Belleville; Denny`s issued an apology and then the Police Chief reversed his order. Cops can once again get their Grand Slams while armed !

It still amazes me that fear of guns overwhelms some people`s rationality at the sight of a gun, even when that gun is worn by a cop wearing a badge !

5. SignPainterGuy on January 4th, 2013 2:08 pm

To the left, if you make enough to have to file a tax return, you ARE rich.

6. Marshall_Will on January 4th, 2013 2:12 pm

"But I don’t make anything near 250 or 400 grand a year and we just had a meeting explaining that when the next paycheck comes along it will be less because taxes are going up. *For me this years tax increase has completely wiped out my raise from last year and then some*. Combined with price increases I’m truly living paycheck to paycheck for the first time in my life. I don’t do credit cards so at least I don’t have any CC debt."

Dr. Frank Enstine on January 4, 2013 ( H/T Hot Air )

7. Marshall_Will on January 4th, 2013 2:17 pm

SPG,

Remember, this is Purple State WA and near its epicenter to boot. No one was really 'uncomfortable'. They simply exploited the knee-jerk Appeasement Yellow nature of today's corporate America, no doubt feeling rather 'proud' of themselves at the counter productive fuss they stirred at absolutely NO expense to them!

Dude, you KNEW the place was a cop hangout. They come in at reg. intervals. We get this cr@p all the time in Portland. The Professional Left is becoming quite expert at milking this.

8. SignPainterGuy on January 4th, 2013 2:36 pm

I had it pegged as a woman who felt uncomfortable with the sight of a gun on the belt of a person not in LEO uniform, but yes, I see your point. The pro. left revels in this crap-stirring.

Locally, we have a guy who sues about every other year to stop the display of the 10 Commandments in the county courthouse. Another guy sues the paper mill for polluting the river, again, every other year when his last "shut up award" runs out. No one takes them very seriously, but they show up and get paid. Hey, it works !

9. SignPainterGuy on January 4th, 2013 2:47 pm

Elections DO have consequences and it is obvious, BOTH parties are guilty of out-of-control spending and debt.

Coming soon to a door near you; http://hardnoxandfriends.wordpress.com/2013/01/04

10. Truesoldier__ on January 4th, 2013 2:51 pm

My first thought on reading this story was, well gee Denny's manager that's real smart run off the people who are supposed to "protect and serve" and you will get criminals coming to rob your customers ala Pulp Fiction style.

BTW, for those of you now familiar with Bellville, Ill it is just across the river from East St Louis and is also home of Scott AFB.

11. Truesoldier__ on January 4th, 2013 2:56 pm

The wife and I were looking over the increase in OASDI as well as health care/dental premiums and we are looking at a little of $50 a paycheck less. Then when you add in the soon to be coming rise in prices (remember WA ST has an automatic minimum wage increase pretty much every year, so it no stands at $9.19/hr) we are looking at a very big drop in any type of disposable income this year (and more likely even less each consecutive year if the country remains on the current path).

12. SignPainterGuy on January 4th, 2013 3:02 pm

Oh, well THAT explains EVERYTHING ! All the noise of all those fighters and transport planes flying overhead and all those camo-wearing airmen walking the streets and riding in evil, gas-guzzling Hummers constantly in their faces; no wonder people are on edge !

13. SignPainterGuy on January 4th, 2013 3:13 pm

I feel the same way when I read about a store employee using a gun or a broom handle to thwart a robbery attempt and then for his brave action, gets fired ! I think sometimes (only half jokingly) the next time a robber comes in, open the cash drawer and step back. AND, if the employee has the combo to safe, open that too ! AND, set the robber up with a couple bags to carry the loot and throw in a liter soft drink and a bag of chips !

14. Truesoldier__ on January 4th, 2013 3:21 pm

LOL…I was thinking more along the lines of just who was feeling "uncomfortable" with armed cops in the Denny's. Considering the proximity to East St Louis, it could very well have been someone who did not want to be seen by the cops.

15. SignPainterGuy on January 4th, 2013 3:23 pm

It`s Friday, Thank GOD ! Will it be "Document Drop" Friday, when we have to find a way to laugh at cowardliness of the WH and congress ? Well, while we`re wondering, have a few laughs that are sure to come easily ! http://hardnoxandfriends.wordpress.com/2013/01/04

16. Truesoldier__ on January 4th, 2013 3:31 pm

No kidding. I loved what the Sherriff had to say in the latest case like this at an Autozone:

Sheriff Diggs said AutoZone has also sent an unintended message to the community.

“The company has now sent a message to every would-be robber out there – ‘Hey we’re open for business and unarmed. Come on in and take our money,’” he said.

17. SignPainterGuy on January 4th, 2013 3:59 pm

Also a likely scenario !

18. SignPainterGuy on January 4th, 2013 4:15 pm

A real indictment of "Gun-Free Zones" !

19. Dexter_Alarius on January 4th, 2013 6:58 pm

My raise is wiped out as well. Our company raised the employee contributions on our health insurance.
    Thanks, ObamaScare.

20. Doug on January 4th, 2013 7:40 pm

Ha! Good stuff.

21. Truesoldier__ on January 4th, 2013 7:55 pm

Rick Santelli is back and calling it like it is:

The analyst said that the only obstacle he sees to the continued expansion of the U.S. economy were “lunatic Republicans” who may bring about an “insane technical default” when they attempt to negotiate spending cuts as part of a deal to increase the debt ceiling limit.

“That’s the worry here,” Evans concurred. “Will we have a self-inflicted wound – a gunshot to the head?”

“What about the lunatics that spent $16.4 trillion and want another check? Aren’t they the crazies, Kelly,” Santelli asked pointedly. “Why are the lunatics the people that say ‘overspending and creating too much debt’ are lunatics?’”

““Childish,” Santelli replied. “We need to get serious about this debt and quit calling people ‘lunatics’ that acknowledge it.”

22. Granny55 on January 4th, 2013 9:51 pm

LOL!

23. backwoodsconsr on January 4th, 2013 9:53 pm

Yes it is. I passed that link along to some more people who could use a good laugh.

24. Granny55 on January 4th, 2013 9:57 pm

First off I never agreed with the SS tax "holiday". They reduced the amount being paid into SS for two years thus weakening the system even more. And you know once people are used to a little more in their paychecks – when the holiday expires they suddenly forget – it was just a holiday. Now, how much did the SS system suffer in losses for two years on top of the unsustainable payments they are making??

So now this uninformed Democrap is complaining – tuff sh!t. Should have read up on what your congresstheives were doing a couple years ago.

25. Granny55 on January 4th, 2013 10:07 pm

And I overheard a co-worker (Obama supporter) on the phone with his wife who was complaining that the paycheck he just deposited in their overdrawn account was short by $23. I just smiled to myself and thought – elections have consequences and you two are prime examples of why this country is in dire need of sane policies.

They have filed bankruptcy twice and cannot figure out you can't spend more than you take in. He got his year end bonus and it is all gone and the reason she called complaining about his paycheck is they got a shut off notice from both the electric and gas company. He makes north of $80K a year.

But their kids got Ipods and iphones for Christmas – go figure. Sounds like typical liberals.

26. jeffythequick on January 4th, 2013 11:14 pm

As always, in 20 months, the chorus will be:

The Republicans only care about the rich, and we care for the 99%!

And it will be believed by 35% of the population, of which 60% will vote, and the remaining 65% that don't or kind of don't will vote. Well, only 32% of them will, thus giving the D party a majority in Congress so Obama can finish the job more quickly than with Boehner helping him out.

I guess someday, when he's retired, Mr. Boehner will read the Constitution, Article I, Section 8, and say to himself, "well, I'll be damned. I had that kind of power?"

27. SignPainterGuy on January 4th, 2013 11:27 pm

Dingy Harry has no illusions of any limits to HIS power !

28. Truesoldier__ on January 4th, 2013 11:50 pm

Sounds like they are following in the footsteps of their Mesiah.

29. backwoodsconsr on January 5th, 2013 12:30 am

If Barack Obama is your financial advisor, you might be an idiot.

30. Obama bin Biden on January 5th, 2013 3:30 am

The SS tax is just the beginning.

31. ChapBix on January 6th, 2013 1:25 am

Weepy Boehner operates with the power that O' says he has.

32. ChapBix on January 6th, 2013 1:52 am

"I see stupid people – lots of stupid people all with Zero's impaled on their foreheads. "

And all of this time I thought the mark of the Antichrist was "666". Looks like it may be "000".

33. mcmeador on January 6th, 2013 9:03 pm

Well really it was under Obama that the SS withholding went down in the first place, and it was always supposed to be a temporary "stimulus" thing. It sucks having it go back up, but I thought it was stupid in the first place that they were taking in less money for a Social Security system that is already broke while continuing to pay out the same amount. The government just had to borrow more money to pay the even bigger SS deficit. We'll all end up paying for it eventually.

34. mcmeador on January 6th, 2013 9:06 pm

You might have earned it in 2012, but it's 2013 income if paid in 2013.