Lots going on this morning and early afternoon, so I doubt I’ll be able to get to anything of political substance until a little later.

Until then, here’s Brent Musburger’s mind (and other things) wandering during last night’s Notre Dame/Alabama game. When I was a kid I don’t recall Tom Brookshier giving pointers like this during his play-by-play calls:

For a minute there I thought Brent was going to start diagramming with the telestrator ala John Madden. “Boom!”

I’ll be back in a while. For some reason my son wants to go out into the backyard and throw the football around.

Comments

13 Responses to “Tuesday Morning/Afternoon Open Thread: Brent Musburger Mentors Boys on How to Pick Up Chicks as Hot as AJ McCarron’s Girlfriend”

1. backwoodsconsr on January 8th, 2013 2:13 pm

Muskburger.

2. Truesoldier__ on January 8th, 2013 2:20 pm

Here is a link to a pretty good article about the problems with Brennen from a Milblog:

3. SignPainterGuy on January 8th, 2013 2:25 pm

Gotta have the "smellgood" hapnin` fer ya !

4. SignPainterGuy on January 8th, 2013 2:33 pm

My sincerest sympathies, Doug; having to venture all the way out to the backyard and actually participate in your kid`s interests, that`s a real drag, Man ! Kudos to ya though for being willing to take one for the family team ! ;-)

So there I was, listening to the "play-by-play", my blood considering the possibility of beginning to pump and generate a bit of warmth when Muskburger cut my knees right out from under me; I gotta be young AND in Alabama ! Gee whizz !

5. Truesoldier__ on January 8th, 2013 3:06 pm

And now Iran has endorsed Chuck Hagel for SecDef…..

6. Truesoldier__ on January 8th, 2013 3:10 pm

The NY Post has a great article today about Al Gorezeera and the staff that finally has realized they have been duped. Here is some of what the staff had to say:

How do they feel about Gore the savior of green energy now?

The displeasure with Gore among the staff was thick enough to cut with a scimitar.

“We all know now that Al Gore is nothing but a bulls***ter,” said the staffer bluntly.

We do stories on the tax code, and he sells the network before the tax code kicked in?

“Al was always lecturing us about green. He kept his word about green all right—as in cold, hard cash!”

7. Truesoldier__ on January 8th, 2013 3:13 pm

Brian Fantana: [about Veronica] I'll give this little cookie an hour before we're doing the no-pants dance. Time to musk up.
    [opens cologne cabinet]

Ron Burgundy: Wow. Never ceases to amaze me. What cologne you gonna go with? London Gentleman, or wait. No, no, no. Hold on. Blackbeard's Delight.
    Brian Fantana: No, she gets a special cologne… It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries… Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good.

Ron Burgundy: It's quite pungent.
    Brian Fantana: Oh yeah.

Ron Burgundy: It's a formidable scent… It stings the nostrils. In a good way.
    Brian Fantana: Yep.

Ron Burgundy: Brian, I'm gonna be honest with you, that smells like pure gasoline.

Brian Fantana: They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.
    [cheesy grin]

Ron Burgundy: That doesn't make sense.

Brian Fantana: Well… Let's go see if we can make this little kitty purr.
    [snarls]

8. backwoodsconsr on January 8th, 2013 3:39 pm

A fine blogpost from Kingsjester today.

9. ChapBix on January 8th, 2013 11:19 pm

Should I feel sorry for them now that they have been enlightened? Yeah, right, when pigs fly. Wonder what they will be saying when they figure out Teh Won is screwing them over royally?

10. jeffythequick on January 9th, 2013 1:56 am

I would have commented earlier, but my 3 year old son and I were throwing the football around.

for 8 hours…

11. jeffythequick on January 9th, 2013 2:17 am

Deceit and Violence are the calling cards of the Progressives.

After all, we must break a few eggs to make an omelette.

Then again, show the dupes our side. The side with freedom to do as you choose, provided you don't overtly* hurt someone.

*by this I don't mean taking money that someone didn't earn away from them as being hurting by not giving in to their demands.

12. SignPainterGuy on January 9th, 2013 2:51 am

What`sa mattuh you ? Torturin` yer youngin` like that ? ;-)

13. Obama bin Biden on January 9th, 2013 4:59 am

Even Brent Muffburger agreed watching her was better than watching the game.