To save you the time of asking, no, this is not satire:

The National Father’s Day Council has announced its selection for the 2013 “Father of the Year” award — President Bill Clinton.

“We are extremely honored to have President Clinton accept this award for Father of the Year,” says Dan Orwing, Chairman of the National Father’s Day Committee. “With the profound generosity, leadership and tireless dedication to both his public office and many philanthropic organizations, President Clinton exemplifies the attributes that we celebrate through the father of the year award.”
[...]
The award will be presented at the 72nd annual Father of the Year Awards in New York City on Tuesday, June 11, 2013.

There were several runners-up for the honor (as matter of fact, Anthony Weiner was close, but… no cigar). In the end though, Bill Clinton had something the judges look for in a “Father of the Year” recipient: A child whose most indelible memory of dear old dad is having watched him be impeached for lying to a grand jury about schtupping a 22 year old intern in the Oval Office while his wife was in another room down the hall.

In 2007 the same organization gave the award to another world class dad — a beacon of monogamy and faithfulness who led kids by example. You might recognize him:

edwardsfather

Comments

24 Responses to “The 2013 National Father’s Day Council’s ‘Father of the Year’ Award Goes To…”

1. SignPainterGuy on January 10th, 2013 3:39 am

Do all these orgs, the UN, Time mag., The Nat`l Fathers Day Council, the Nobel Cmte., fall under one roof or something ? I mean, they never pick anyone deserving of the honor of their awards ! Their awards are meaningless now !

2. Marshall_Will on January 10th, 2013 11:50 am

Correct. They should all refrain from making their winner announcements public until 1 April.

Along those same lines, it's sad to note Car & Driver is not only BOTHERING to rate hybrid cars, they gave their 'prestigious' award to… the Chevy Volt! It's really a shame so many old media/dead tree publications have allowed someone else to jump the shark for them. Car & Driver used to charge upwards of $5 grand to give foaming at the mouth auto mfrs. and suppliers a sneak peak at the report. Doubt that'll happen in the future.

Too bad Willy won't be present to accept the award personally ( I hear it's the same night as the Adult Video Awards and he's been provided VIP seating )

3. Marshall_Will on January 10th, 2013 12:05 pm

OT but too interesting to ignore completely:

Adam Lanza's father wasn't a nobody. He was a high level exec at GE's financial division. Of course in the N.E lots of parents work for money mgrs. hedge funds etc. There's been internet rumors Peter J. Lanza was on the list of those testifying in the huge Libor Scandal. The Aurora shooter's father was the head computer eng. at FICO.

I find that interesting b/c as I've noted before, even the NYT's has gone public that credit reporting is a (2) tiered system. One for celebs, politicians and judges etc., then there's one for the REST of us schlubs. Recently I've shared my theory no one need be deported to some "FEMA camp" to shut them up entirely. Just ruin their credit, access to it, freeze their accounts and they're effectively disarmed.

4. backwoodsconsr on January 10th, 2013 12:17 pm

I think there should be more qualifications to the award than just being a motherf—-r.

5. Granny55 on January 10th, 2013 1:23 pm

I about spewed my morning caffeine when I saw that. All I could conjure up was BJ pointing that crooked finger at the camera and saying: I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Ms. Lewinsky!

I agree about the awards – they are so meaningless now that the left has "decided" these creeps are what we are supposed to admire.

6. Granny55 on January 10th, 2013 1:26 pm

Marsh – my son-in-law sent me a video of the police removing the supposed long gun from the trunk of Lanza's car. Interesting that they were "ejecting" shells from the top of the gun. Many gun experts commented on the video and all agreed that weapon in the trunk was a shotgun of some type not an automatic. I will try to find the video and post it for all of you.

7. Granny55 on January 10th, 2013 1:29 pm
  8. SignPainterGuy on January 10th, 2013 1:42 pm

April 1 should be the date for release of so many awards; they`re jokes anyway !

There was a Volt in the service line at my Chevy dealership. I asked the mechanic about it after making a snark about it. He had me to know, Every owner LOVES them !! OK, OK, but why, if they`re so great, do I see more on TV and in movies than on the road ?

RE; Willy at the AWAs. No, having THAT on tape just wouldn`t be the same ! Gotta be THERE in person !

9. SignPainterGuy on January 10th, 2013 1:46 pm

I cringe to think our own gov. would plan and actually carry out these mass shootings in order to gain support for more gun control, even confiscation, but with all the coincidental / circumstantial "evidence", you can`t help but wonder !

10. Dexter_Alarius on January 10th, 2013 2:29 pm

I'm shocked Oblamer didn't get it. With Federal funding (and number of abortions performed) at an all-time high at Planned unParenthood, he's doing everything he can to ensure his daughters are never punished with a baby.

11. SignPainterGuy on January 10th, 2013 3:08 pm

Thanks Granny ! So much misinformation flew like fall leaves in the wind early in the reporting. That was one of the more confusing points; how could the gun of the caliber all were shot with have been found in the car trunk ? Answer: it was a different gun !

12. jeffythequick on January 10th, 2013 5:46 pm

I talked to my buddy Isaiah, and he said:

5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

And I said, "Whoa!"

13. jeffythequick on January 10th, 2013 5:47 pm

Maybe he got it for taking Hillary off the market.

14. Marshall_Will on January 10th, 2013 6:43 pm

Granny,

I heard about that! It doesn't make any sense. For all the time I spent in and around the military, I'm really not a gun expert, more a mechanic and pencil pusher. But folks that have the qualifications are very much calling that into question!

The link I put up did reaffirm my original reservation in that hitting 200 lb. Marines ( almost as wide as they are tall ) is hard enough. Have any of you ever tried to chase down a little kid? 'I' have! Little buggers can turn circles -inside- your circles and throw cherry flavored kool aid on your white shirt all while laughing hysterically at my old, fat @zz. You can't 'wind them' either. They can run all day…

We have to ask though, is this Admin. so FULL of itself they thought they could [potentially] clean up a few loose ends in the Libor Scandal AND gin up support for GC in the same ACT? Why risk implicating yourself? Then again, why do they LIE even when the truth would suffice?

15. backwoodsconsr on January 10th, 2013 6:51 pm

Making her a mother was an act of bravery, or something.

16. Marshall_Will on January 10th, 2013 6:53 pm

Dex,

They'll reserve that honor for when Oblamer really NEEDS it. Say when he's up for a third term? Right-o, PuP sympathizers were a BIG part of what got clowncar re-elected. What w/ our War On Women and all…

17. SignPainterGuy on January 10th, 2013 8:40 pm

I used to be one of those kids; rarely got tagged and usually dodged the ball. The only horse avail. to ride at my Grandparent`s was next door, a quarter horse that I had to run down and catch. A carrot wouldn`t get him to come to me, though he`d eat it once I caught him. I couldn`t even Dream of running him down now !

18. SignPainterGuy on January 10th, 2013 8:43 pm

Interesting times your "friend" refers to !

19. SignPainterGuy on January 10th, 2013 8:45 pm

I can`t drink that much "bravery" ! ;-)

20. backwoodsconsr on January 10th, 2013 10:25 pm

It would be a recipe for alcohol poisoning.

I'll call what Bill did conjugation above and beyond the call of duty.

21. CWPS on January 12th, 2013 12:54 am

What a joke, clinton as a father figure worthy of an award, you people have been smoking that funny stuff again and are a terrible disgrace to the real fathers of America and any other country.

22. Michelle Malkin | Former president who signed DOMA: People who oppose gay marriage are acting out of concerns for their own identitiy « on April 21st, 2013 6:18 pm

[...] better way to follow up Clinton’s “Father of the Year” award than by GLAAD honoring the 42nd president for championing the effort to repeal the Defense of [...]

23. Former president who signed DOMA: People who oppose gay marriage are acting out of concerns for their own identitiy | Tony Johnson on April 21st, 2013 10:15 pm

24. Former president who signed DOMA: People who oppose gay marriage are acting out of concerns for their own identity | allfiredupmedia.com on April 22nd, 2013 12:07 pm