mtrushmore

Al “Resist We Much” Sharpton is on another crusade. It’s funny to watch him talk about Mt. Rushmore like it’s a presidential version of the Baseball Hall of Fame and somebody gets voted in almost every year. Sorry Al — to my knowledge the artists didn’t leave blank spots for future inductees, but if you’re lucky there might be enough room on the rock to carve a teleprompter:

Comments

36 Responses to “Al Sharpton: Put Obama on Mt. Rushmore We Much”

1. SignPainterGuy on January 14th, 2013 11:02 pm

"Resist We Much" any attempt to have the likeness of the Worst pResidunce Evuh put up there w/ deserving Presidents ! The damages he has done to our country are thus far correctable. We don`t need his image made indelible !

2. Whom on January 15th, 2013 6:19 am

His face deserves to bo on our toilet paper. Along with Iranian usurper Val Jarret, Dingy Reid, Stretch, Her Thighness, Jawn F'n Kerry, Bill Ayers, Rahm, Bloomberg, etc, etc, etc…

3. JetHeadJoe on January 15th, 2013 11:30 am

Now, if you wanted to *push* Obama *off* Mount Rushmore, then you'd might get more takers. On the other hand, given that Obama is so bullheaded, you'd think his head is made of stone anyway, so the idea has some infinitesimal amount of merit…although Obama is more suited for Easter Island than Mount Rushmore.

4. SignPainterGuy on January 15th, 2013 12:51 pm

I`m aware that Jawn F`n Kerry served in Vietnam, is sometimes referred to as Lurch or Horse Face, but "Stretch" eludes me. Can you help a little ?

5. backwoodsconsr on January 15th, 2013 1:07 pm

Put him on a mountain somewhere and let him be known forevermore as The Fool On The Hill.

6. SignPainterGuy on January 15th, 2013 1:51 pm

Yeah, I guess you would have to give him his own mountain; he`s lost in the crowd on "Capitol Hill" !

7. Truesoldier__ on January 15th, 2013 1:53 pm

"Sorry Al — to my knowledge the artists didn’t leave blank spots for future inductees"

No problem for dear leader…. He will just use an EO to have Abe Lincoln removed from Mt. Rushmore. As a matter of fact, the left has already started the Abe Lincoln smear campaign via academia as a precursor move:

8. Dexter_Alarius on January 15th, 2013 2:27 pm

No way, no how.
    But, I'd be in favor of changing Teddy R. into Ronaldus Magnus.

9. backwoodsconsr on January 15th, 2013 2:45 pm

In my studies of history, I've been running across some evidence that Lincoln wasn't as pure in that regard as he's often made out to be. The jury is still out on that as far as I'm concerned, but it's been my experience that most people are neither all good nor all bad, but tend to be a mixture of both. The measure of a man is whether the good outweighs the bad, and by how much. I don't doubt that Lincoln had his share of warts, but that doesn't nullify his accomplishments.

10. Truesoldier__ on January 15th, 2013 3:15 pm

So true, but you know the left. They will focus in on only the faults of any Republican (especially the popular ones) in an attempt to smear their name and discredit any of their achievements.

11. Truesoldier__ on January 15th, 2013 3:16 pm

It would be an improvement for certain.

12. SignPainterGuy on January 15th, 2013 3:31 pm

Now THAT`s a great idea ! SECOND !!

13. SignPainterGuy on January 15th, 2013 3:33 pm

My BinL and I talked about Lincoln at Christmas. He did a number of things that we`d consider illegal, but proved necessary in the end. The good far out-weighed the bad !

14. SignPainterGuy on January 15th, 2013 3:37 pm

If you have ever been to the Mt. Rushmore area, the Black Hills / Deadwood, SD, and touched the bubbly looking out-croppings of granite and quartz, you may have marvelled at the fact that it looks entirely too crumbly to support climbers and carvings as it does.

15. backwoodsconsr on January 15th, 2013 4:00 pm

Never been there, but it's high on my list of places to travel to. My Google Earth ramblings have revealed much interesting scenery in that area.

16. jeffythequick on January 15th, 2013 4:30 pm

Pelousy

17. jeffythequick on January 15th, 2013 4:32 pm

A capital idea!

18. backwoodsconsr on January 15th, 2013 4:42 pm

Some of what I've read points to excessive and unconstitutional use of executive authority. That's one of the things I hope to learn more about. Also, while reading a biography of John C. Fremont, first Republican candidate for president (1856), and one of Lincoln's generals in the Civil War, I found that he got into trouble for enacting his own version of the Emancipation Proclamation in the area under his command. It seems Lincoln was not yet prepared to take such a step.

19. JetHeadJoe on January 15th, 2013 5:57 pm

OK…it's settled then. We'll change TR to RR. Oh snap…I forgot Phineas' and Ferb's phone number (that was a cool episode — where they put Candace's face on Mount Rushmore).

20. jeffythequick on January 15th, 2013 6:04 pm

I think that is one of the best kids cartoons out there, just because I can laugh at it.

21. SignPainterGuy on January 15th, 2013 7:30 pm

(head smack) Aah, Botoxy the Stretched-Face Clown !

22. SignPainterGuy on January 15th, 2013 7:33 pm

The Black Hills are very similar to Appalachia in size, shape and spacing, but different in composition and foliage. A LOT more aspens !

23. jeffythequick on January 15th, 2013 7:40 pm

I'm just hoping Whom will tell me that I'm right on this one.

24. SignPainterGuy on January 15th, 2013 7:49 pm

It has to be her; (s)he wouldn`t be referring to Alan Colmes, would (s)he ?

25. backwoodsconsr on January 15th, 2013 7:56 pm

Geology is definitely different. The Badlands are not far away, and The Devil's Tower in Wyoming is fairly close by. The Needles Highway looks like it would be a fascinating drive.

26. SignPainterGuy on January 15th, 2013 10:40 pm

"The Needles Hwy"; is that in the Black Hills or am I thinking of Cathedral Spires ? It was in `86, so I`ve forgotten a bit !

27. backwoodsconsr on January 15th, 2013 11:05 pm

Black Hills.

Check out the photos of the area on Google Earth sometime.

28. SignPainterGuy on January 15th, 2013 11:26 pm

Hah, the first GE pic I looked at of Mt. Rushmore, the same as Doug`s sample w/ Teh One`s image, shows a large crack thru where Oblamer`s face is. You can see it above.

From all I`ve seen and heard, there`s no space large enough without cracks to add another face. Hee hee !

29. SignPainterGuy on January 15th, 2013 11:42 pm

Deadwood, SD is incorrect; the town nearest Mt. Rushmore that I was thinking of is Keystone.

30. jeffythequick on January 15th, 2013 11:59 pm

I thought Colmes was rat-boy.

He was tolerable on Hannity, but an absolute a-hole on his own show.

31. jeffythequick on January 16th, 2013 12:03 am

I think with his ego, he'll want the moon carved with his image so we can all bask in his glory by simply looking up.

His scientists are looking into altering the earth's orbit so the moon will always be full… Of him.

32. backwoodsconsr on January 16th, 2013 12:11 am

A big crack would make it easier to depict what he really is.

33. SignPainterGuy on January 16th, 2013 12:18 am

Ha ha haaa ……. No, that`s for the "back-side" of the mountain ! ;-)

34. SignPainterGuy on January 16th, 2013 12:19 am

But, but, I thought the moon was full of "green cheese" !?

35. backwoodsconsr on January 16th, 2013 12:22 am

His face would require a slope, so he can have his chin up in the air while he looks down at the common folk. He has the Mussolini pose down pat.

36. SignPainterGuy on January 16th, 2013 12:49 am

Doesn`t he though ? It makes me think impure thoughts !